ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of irish national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Spouse of irish national

Post by Michel159 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi everyone

If anybody can help me. I am a asylum seeker.and my asylum case is still in process.i applid for spous of
Irish national november 2017nearly 10 months before but the only thing i got from inis is confirmation letter.if
Somebody here knows how long it can take please help me with.thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Spouse of irish national

Post by max307 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:59 pm
Hi everyone

If anybody can help me. I am a asylum seeker.and my asylum case is still in process.i applid for spous of
Irish national november 2017nearly 10 months before but the only thing i got from inis is confirmation letter.if
Somebody here knows how long it can take please help me with.thanks
What did you apply for - residence (Stamp 4) or Irish citizenship?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:35 pm

I applied for stamp 4. I am sorry i forget to mention it .

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:38 am

I am in the same situation. I applied in may 2017 and 4 months ago I got a letter asking for my original documents once again. I sent it and they still have it, no further answer so far. All together it'd been 17 months await.

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks for your repply.i applied november 2017 but still have not recieved my orignal doccuments back
From Inis is it something normal.or is it something to worry about

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Spouse of irish national

Post by Michel159 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Stamp 4 Spouse of Irish National
Post by Michel159 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi everybody i am a asylum seeker my asylum case is not decided yet. I am married to irish national. I applied for stamp 4 12months ago as spouse of of irish national.last week i recived a letter from INIS asking for more documents within 21 days.i send them all requested documents within a week.anybody have an idea how long it can take from now on.please reply me anyone who can help me out here on this forum.thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi everybody i am a asylum seeker my asylum case is not decided yet. I am married to irish national. I applied for stamp 4 12months ago as spouse of of irish national.last week i recived a letter from INIS asking for more documents within 21 days.i send them all requested documents within a week.anybody have an idea how long it can take from now on.please reply me anyone who can help me out here on this forum.thanks
Unfortunately no one can answer those questions for you, even an approximate turn-around-time is very hard to predict. You could be waiting 6 months, a year, 2 years or more.

All I can say is please be patient and keep replying timely to all the requests of documentation from INIS, at some stage they will need to give you a definitive answer to your case. If you are already legally married to an Irish national and this is a genuine relationship then you have nothing to worry about.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Michel159
Mine was took 13 months so don’t worry very soon you will get your approval if they asked you this time to send them your passport and your wife passport it’s means it’s nearly there be positive
What kinda document they asked you this time to send them

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. They requested to send them birth certificate of my wife recent p60 of my wife 2 recent pay slips my previous orignal passport bank state ments lease of tanent agreement rent book.utility bill and relationship history with pictures.they did not return my orignal documents since i applied for my application i send then email sometime in june following up for my documents,they replied me that i will e contacted by INIS in due corse. Is it something to worry about ,or its normal.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi thanks for your reply. They requested to send them birth certificate of my wife recent p60 of my wife 2 recent pay slips my previous orignal passport bank state ments lease of tanent agreement rent book.utility bill and relationship history with pictures.they did not return my orignal documents since i applied for my application i send then email sometime in june following up for my documents,they replied me that i will e contacted by INIS in due corse. Is it something to worry about ,or its normal.
If you are an asylum seeker and your application is being processed you shouldn't have your current original passport anyways, right? Did you get married before or after applying for asylum?

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:06 am

Michel159 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi Michel159
its normal things which they asked you to send them they asked me abt relationships history & pics pasport birth cert aswel so dont be worry if you already sent these dox i am sure you will get your approval very soon
Best of luck

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 am

Hi gh sherazi
Thanks for helping me through your experience my only concern is they did not return my orignal passport and my wife's passport and all other orignal docs untill now which i send them when i applied for this application.if you have any idea about it that will be very helpfull. Thanks again

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Michel159 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 am
Hi gh sherazi
Thanks for helping me through your experience my only concern is they did not return my orignal passport and my wife's passport and all other orignal docs untill now which i send them when i applied for this application.if you have any idea about it that will be very helpfull. Thanks again
You means to say they kept your all documents like passports, birth certificates, and they didn’t returns yet ? Because when I applied they kept my documents for I think one month then they returned to me and then after 12 months they asked me again and when I sent them again after 1 and half month I got my approval letter so it’s normal but in first letter they asked me other things like history, pix &etc so don’t worry it’s your wife is working or she is on social benefits?

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi gh sherazi
Yeah i mean all my orignal docs and yeah my wife is working she is not on social welfare payements