ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony Dates and INIS Website

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship Ceremony Dates and INIS Website

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 am

While we all know that there is the second citizenship ceremony of this year today in Dublin. It could be a small one but still, it is a citizenship ceremony. However, INIS website is still not updated from May this year. I believe department needs to either fill the vacant web content manager post or at least stop referring applicants to check their website (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... ceremonies) for the latest information :)

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Dates and INIS Website

Post by Mal111 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am

citizenship is not a right but privilege

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Exactly, a privilege granted at the discretion of the Department of Justice and Equality. Oh wait, did you miss the word "Equality" in the department name? It means they will treat everyone equally ;)
@Mall111: You are taking me off-topic here ;)

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:20 pm

https://www.independent.ie/business/bre ... 99253.html

Today, 480 people from 68 countries, among them 47 Britons, will take part in a citizenship ceremony at the National Concert Hall in Dublin where they will receive their certificates of naturalisation. Poland, the UK and Romania top the list of the nationalities taking part in the ceremony.
well it was only a small ceremony so im guessing their will be a big one in nov 2018 hopfully

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:03 pm

also out of 480 in total 47 were British and 85 were polish and Romania is 3rd in top 3 nationalities

I think this ceremony was for only EU Nationals loll im only joking :lol:

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Maybe it was only for the privileged ones or the troubled ones like this one ;) https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/n ... 18144.html
I appreciate this woman how she fought her case. I hope she was considered for this ceremony.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm

I feel for her specially about her ill father and anxiety of leaving her kids behind, N.Ireland is her centre of life and I can imagine what she is goin through with such uncertainty I really hope she have made it to the ceremony today.

but I do wana highlight following
1) passports are not return with register post mine came with regular post so this claim that they have lost the application I don't think its a valid claim plus if that was the case they would have asked her to send in a new application cos of the declaration.
2) she should have paid the fee for her uk permit even tho her application was in final stage in November she have to be legally resident in state at all time up to the date of ceremony.

her application was not delayed but 1700 other applicants who applied in 2016 were not approved up till july 2018 info is available on justice.ie,

she probably applied in march 2017 based on what's in the link as of may it was 8 week since she submit her passport and was not returned.

so march 2017 she applied and got her decision in December 2017 that's not even 10 months,

her current circumstances are making of her own when she decided not renewing her permit because of the fee.

The DOJ is completely in line with their process in this situation I don't see any breaches from their side they are simply complying with the procedure they have in place.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I agree on all the important points you highlighted and I also suspect there might be some issues with her application for British Passport, otherwise, she might have that option open as well.

But all she was demanding was a "privilege" as she is an expat, not an immigrant ;) To be honest, naming and shaming INIS worked for her and she got it approved :twisted: