ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Tier 1 to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Dear Marcnath,

I know guidelines is the main source but please can you share a list of documents you submitted for your Tier1- ILR application.

I have learnt following this forum to submit minimum documents as per required only.

Although I am not due ILR till Dec 2018, I just wanted to make sure I am well prepared.

Also, if you can please post any link of any related topic is already discussed.

Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 to ILR

Post by marcnath » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm

My application is pinned to the top of this forum as a sample application. You can find all the details there
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm
My application is pinned to the top of this forum as a sample application. You can find all the details there
Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 29, 2018 6:31 pm

marcnath wrote:
I have gone through the post. I can see your job 2 had some additional documents given the situation.

However can you please confirm these are the only documents required for employee:

Documents included:
(copy pasted from your post)

1. Settled worker – Copy of British Passport
2. Current Appointment Record
3. Employee Payment Records
4. Real Time Full Payment submissions
5. Payslips for employees

And what is employment payment records??

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:31 pm
marcnath wrote:
I have gone through the post. I can see your job 2 had some additional documents given the situation.

However can you please confirm these are the only documents required for employee:

Documents included:
(copy pasted from your post)

1. Settled worker – Copy of British Passport
2. Current Appointment Record
3. Employee Payment Records
4. Real Time Full Payment submissions
5. Payslips for employees

And what is employment payment records??
I used two jobs from two different businesses. And the one your quoted here is the one that I had joined - so had to submit the additional document of EPR. That is not needed if you only have a new business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Dear Marcnath,

Thank you for your reply in the previous thread. It is locked so I am continuing here as advised.

Re: Job creation Tier 1 to ILR

Your reply:

“You would just apply with the payslip you have and add in the cover letter that you are claiming until the 4th of Jan since the employee remains employed and you would send the payslip and FPS as soon as you have them.

You can submit the FPS and generate the payslip for Jan anytime in Jan (you don't have to wait for end of the month). So, once you get a reference number (biometrics) you send in the additional payslip and FPS”

Does that mean I can run the FPS around 2nd January instead for the month of January and send that along with the application at the same time as the employee will be employed rather than waiting for the biometric stage?

OR

Second option - Can i claim instead:

Employee 1: Feb 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (11 months)
Employee 2: May 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (8 months)
Employee 3: July 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (6 months)
Total: 25 months

In this case I do not have to worry about the missing dates?

Is that correct?

Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:42 am

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Dear Marcnath,

Thank you for your reply in the previous thread. It is locked so I am continuing here as advised.

Re: Job creation Tier 1 to ILR

Your reply:

“You would just apply with the payslip you have and add in the cover letter that you are claiming until the 4th of Jan since the employee remains employed and you would send the payslip and FPS as soon as you have them.

You can submit the FPS and generate the payslip for Jan anytime in Jan (you don't have to wait for end of the month). So, once you get a reference number (biometrics) you send in the additional payslip and FPS”

Does that mean I can run the FPS around 2nd January instead for the month of January and send that along with the application at the same time as the employee will be employed rather than waiting for the biometric stage?

OR

Second option - Can i claim instead:

Employee 1: Feb 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (11 months)
Employee 2: May 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (8 months)
Employee 3: July 2018 - 31st Dec 2018 (6 months)
Total: 25 months

In this case I do not have to worry about the missing dates?

Is that correct?

Thank you
You are right.

You have two choices in this case - either or both is fine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Much appreciated thanks Marcnath

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Dear Marcnath,

I have noticed now you can apply online for a SET (O) ILR application. I think you get instant biometric letter once you apply online and get 14 days to post the documents??

What are the pros and cons for online Vs paper application?
Does that have any affect on the timeline?
Also what is the normal timeline for ILR SET O applications these days and interview ratio at this stage?
Any idea?

Thank you 😊

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 am

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Dear Marcnath,

I have noticed now you can apply online for a SET (O) ILR application. I think you get instant biometric letter once you apply online and get 14 days to post the documents??

What are the pros and cons for online Vs paper application?
Does that have any affect on the timeline?
Also what is the normal timeline for ILR SET O applications these days and interview ratio at this stage?
Any idea?

Thank you 😊
The online SET-O is new so I haven't seen much feedback on that.

I personally would always use the online version but I doubt if it has any significant impact on timelines

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:14 am

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 am

Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Please can you let me know if there is any super premium service for Tier 1 at ILR stage?

There seems to be conflicting statements on the government websites. Also, I searched on the forum and the last posts were from Jan 2018 but still uncertain.

Some solicitors do seem to provide it as I know of one too but I am not sure how authentic it is as its around £10500 fee plus the application fee.

Please advise.
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:28 am

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 am
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Please can you let me know if there is any super premium service for Tier 1 at ILR stage?

There seems to be conflicting statements on the government websites. Also, I searched on the forum and the last posts were from Jan 2018 but still uncertain.

Some solicitors do seem to provide it as I know of one too but I am not sure how authentic it is as its around £10500 fee plus the application fee.

Please advise.
Thanks
People have posted here after using the service successfully.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:36 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:28 am
tier11417 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 am
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Please advise.
Thanks
People have posted here after using the service successfully.
Thank you for your reply.

1) is super premium a one day service?

2) Any feedback on the current time line for standard ILR cases? I know normal timeline is 6 months.
3) Also any feedback on cases for ILR who are interviewed again if they already have been interviewed at extension stage? I know its pretty random with HO but if any feedback/conclusion derived from current cases?

Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 pm

1) There is a process for this - look at this post
2) Nothing to add that the timeline post in this forum. It varies significantly. 6 months is their normal service time. I got mine in 8 weeks and there are many who got it earlier than 6 months
3) Interviews are a relatively new phenomenon. So, I don't think anyone interviewed for extension has applied for ILR yet (in this forum at least)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:37 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 pm
1) There is a process for this - look at this post
2) Nothing to add that the timeline post in this forum. It varies significantly. 6 months is their normal service time. I got mine in 8 weeks and there are many who got it earlier than 6 months
3) Interviews are a relatively new phenomenon. So, I don't think anyone interviewed for extension has applied for ILR yet (in this forum at least)
Much appreciated thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:33 am

Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

1) I was going through the official guidelines and this forum, there seems to be a debate if business bank statement is required at ILR stage. As per my understanding it is required to claim points for “engaged in business activity”. Is that true as per new rules as I can NOT see that evidence required in Set (O) but it is listed in the official guidance (if we follow the same documets as required for extension application to qualify points)

2) Also, as per my understanding the maintenance funds is not required for settlement. Right?

3) I have seen people sending personal bank statements and 3 month salary slips to qualify for finances? Is this required? One or both are required?

In my case I draw a very minimum amount of salary as a director but I have savings. So I was wondering if payslips are necessary or bank statement would be enough?

Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:02 am

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:33 am
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

1) I was going through the official guidelines and this forum, there seems to be a debate if business bank statement is required at ILR stage. As per my understanding it is required to claim points for “engaged in business activity”. Is that true as per new rules as I can NOT see that evidence required in Set (O) but it is listed in the official guidance (if we follow the same documets as required for extension application to qualify points)
It is required under the immigration rules and there have been refusals due to that. So include it.
tier11417 wrote:

2) Also, as per my understanding the maintenance funds is not required for settlement. Right?
Correct
tier11417 wrote:

3) I have seen people sending personal bank statements and 3 month salary slips to qualify for finances? Is this required? One or both are required?

In my case I draw a very minimum amount of salary as a director but I have savings. So I was wondering if payslips are necessary or bank statement would be enough?
This is not critical and haven't seen a case yet where this has been an issue. So anything should be ok

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:25 am

Thank you for your reply.
1) So only ONE month business bank statement should be ok? Does it have to be the latest one?

2) As I draw salary as a director I can increase upto any amount as per my will. Do you think I should increase my salary for the last 3 months to be on the safe side and include it or just rely on the savings bank statements for 3 months.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Please need a few clarifications on the following:

1) For corporation tax, do we need to submit CT600 AND CT603 (notice to deliever tax return) OR can submit any one of them?

2) It is still unclear that photocopies of the entire application is needed. If yes, please can you let me know where it is mentioned?

3) SET (O) Section 5.2-5.4 (finances) where it asks about working in UK, salary, and how much I pay.

As I am the director of my company do I tick “I work in UK”. Also I draw a minimum salary and my rent (expenses) are higher than that but I have my own savings. What figures do I mention then in 5.2-5.4?

I do not want to give the wrong impression that I can not finance myself so a bit concerned. I understand SET(O) is a generic form and maybe these questions are not very relevant to Tier 1 but just wanted to confirm.

Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 pm
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

1) For corporation tax, do we need to submit CT600 AND CT603 (notice to deliever tax return) OR can submit any one of them?

2) It is still unclear that photocopies of the entire application is needed. If yes, please can you let me know where it is mentioned?

3) SET (O) Section 5.2-5.4 (finances) where it asks about working in UK, salary, and how much I pay.

As I am the director of my company do I tick “I work in UK”. Also I draw a minimum salary and my rent (expenses) are higher than that but I have my own savings. What figures do I mention then in 5.2-5.4?

I do not want to give the wrong impression that I can not finance myself so a bit concerned. I understand SET(O) is a generic form and maybe these questions are not very relevant to Tier 1 but just wanted to confirm.

Thank you
1) Either one
2) Read Pg 85 of the SET (O) application form
3) Fill in the actual figures in 5.2-5.4, then complete 5.7 and mention the savings in the additional info box. This section is not critical for T1E

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Thank you
1) Either one
3) Fill in the actual figures in 5.2-5.4, then complete 5.7 and mention the savings in the additional info box. This section is not critical for T1E
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

1)SET(O) version 07/2018 has 78 pages in total. Where do I find page 85?

2) Also, Section 6.2 and 6.11(immigration history - absences) . Aren't both questions the same thing?

Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 pm
marcnath wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Dear Marcnath/Zimba,

Thank you
1) Either one
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

1)SET(O) version 07/2018 has 78 pages in total. Where do I find page 85?

2) Also, Section 6.2 and 6.11(immigration history - absences) . Aren't both questions the same thing?

Thank you
1) Sorry, I was looking at previous version. Pg 77 in the latest
2) 6.11 is applicable only if 6.10 is

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Dear Marcnath,

I just want to confirm my jobs hours for ILR. Please can you help once again as i have a clearer picture now.

Extension received: April 2018
Qualify for ILR: Dec 2018
Plan to apply ILR: 7th January 2019

Employee 1 FT: 1st Jan 2018 - 31st Jan 2019
Enployee 2 FT: 1st May 2018 - 31st Jan 2019
Employee 3 FT: 1st July 2018 - 1st Nov 2018.

Q1: As I can claim for 1 year before date of application (7th Jan 2019) I do plan to submit an early FPS report for Jan 2019 will January 2019 full month be counted for both employee 1 and 2?

Q2: I might be asking this question again but please answer: my salary slips are made on monthly basis 30 hours a week. But 8 months follow 120 hours and 4 months (March, June, August, November) follow 150 hours(given 4 or 5 paychecks logic). I will be submitting a week by week chart also along with the application showing 30 hours for 52 weeks will that be okay?

Total: 1560 hours a year.

Please check this link for this logic:
https://www.thebalance.com/five-paycheck-months-1387871

Q3: Do i qualify for my ILR job hours given the above employee 1,2,3?

Thank you