ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa rejected - appeal process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SteveAndAmy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Spouse visa rejected - appeal process

Post by SteveAndAmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Hello.

My American wife has just had a spousal visa rejected because we didn't submit an Appendix 2 offering evidence of financial security and genuine relationship, (both of which we have plenty of).

The first we knew of this Appendix is when we handed over the application. They then said 'don't worry, not everyone needs one...' so assumed they would ask for whatever documents they wanted. How wrong that was! We just got a standard rejection.

We assume the next step is to submit an IAFT-6 appeal, which does seem to allow for supporting documentation to be submitted at this stage Then we ca n provide a completed Appendix 2 with all the paperwork we can find to back up our case.

Does anyone have experience of this. Is this the correct approach? And how long might it take?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa rejected - appeal process

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Not sure how you missed the requirement as it is clearly mentioned on the UKVI website.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Outside the UK

You must apply online from outside the UK. You must also complete Appendix 2.
They then said 'don't worry, not everyone needs one...'
All spouse visa applications outside the UK require Appendix 2.

Appeals can take many months, sometimes up to a year.

In your case, the refusal was correct.

It will be quicker to reapply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SteveAndAmy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by SteveAndAmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for that... it did seem odd that we didn't have to provide a lot of information. But speed would definitely be preferable so maybe we have to bite the bullet and pay out again :(

SteveAndAmy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by SteveAndAmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:33 pm

...and I'm hoping it doesn't count against us that we've already been rejected once

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:44 pm

SteveAndAmy wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:33 pm
...and I'm hoping it doesn't count against us that we've already been rejected once
No it won't. It really is a tick box process and if you provide all the requirement supporting documents and forms, there should be no issue.

I would suggest you post a list of your supporting documents on the forum for a sanity check before reapplying and we will help and advise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.