ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aisha00
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by aisha00 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am

aik99 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 pm
update:
my university responded back after contacting the ukvi and have said that the application has been granted since the 3rd of september. i’m over the moon however i still have not received any emails from UKVI
Hey there,

I too applied from Qatar on the 12th of August (no interview). Didnt hear back from vfs until 3 days ago, called UKVI they said a decision on my application had already been made. I literally couldnt wait any longer so I just showed up at vfs to see why it was taking so long and to my surprise my passport was ready for collection (i dunno why on earth vfs didnt inform me to come collect my passport).

My decision letter is dated 22nd August and I received no communication from vfs what so ever which is pretty damn annoying especially for the amount of money they charge.

So, I strongly suggest u go down to vfs and check if your passport is ready for collection...

aik99
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by aik99 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 pm

aisha00 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am
aik99 wrote:
update:
my university responded back after contacting the ukvi and have said that the application has been granted since the 3rd of september. i’m over the moon however i still have not received any emails from UKVI
Hey there,

I too applied from Qatar on the 12th of August (no interview). Didnt hear back from vfs until 3 days ago, called UKVI they said a decision on my application had already been made. I literally couldnt wait any longer so I just showed up at vfs to see why it was taking so long and to my surprise my passport was ready for collection (i dunno why on earth vfs didnt inform me to come collect my passport).

My decision letter is dated 22nd August and I received no communication from vfs what so ever which is pretty damn annoying especially for the amount of money they charge.

So, I strongly suggest u go down to vfs and check if your passport is ready for collection...

Yeah it’s pretty annoying their lack of service tbh. I’ll most likely go to the vfs on sunday when they open to make sure my visa is there! thank you so much for letting me know!

Esther268
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by Esther268 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:00 pm

wikki wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 am
vchoe wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm
Esther268 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm
I recently contacted my college and there are yet to get back to me but I also contacted the ukvi and they took my information and told me a Home and office officer will reply to me with in the course of the next 15 days but I also told them my semester is going to commence soon and my visa has been taking more than a month not to be resolved so I dont know what to do because my course start the 11 of September and I'm hoping I'll receive it before September starts .
Hi Esther, I'm from Belize! I also just escalated my case with UKVI and was also told that it would take 15 working days to receive a response from Home Office. I hope that we receive a notification about our visa application status even before the Home Office. Best of luck!
In my opinion, it would have been better to just wait for your passport given that UKVI already confirmed through your call that a decision has been made. This is peak season for visa applications so it is likely that normal processing times won't/can't be respected.
It's been past the 15 working days and ive call the uk help services and they said that my case have not been assessed yet but the home and office sent me 2 emails one on the second and the seventh of this month but I did not recieve any emails so she the person checked and the email adress was not right in there system so they escalated my case today for the emails to be resent back to the the right email address. So I'm just worried what these 2 emails are about i hope its that my case has been processed but i doubt it cause it was not processed in the system.

K1jodeiri
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by K1jodeiri » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:35 am

I obtain full-funded PhD, But it seems the University forgot to mention to my scholarship in my CAS. So, according to the email which I receive from UK Decision Making Centre (VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk), I have to provide the Evidence of my financial sponsorship. They said you should attach the evidence on the email and send it to Sheffieldstudentteam.docrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk

I informed the University, and according to what they said, my CAS has now updated with my scholarship and stipend information. Then I wrote an email which in that I asked them to recheck my CAS.
Had same anyone experience or suggestion to share? In your opinion, need I attach further information or document in the email? How long will it take to hear back from them?

IncomingZone
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by IncomingZone » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:18 am

aik99 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 pm
aisha00 wrote:
aik99 wrote:
update:
Hey there,

Yeah it’s pretty annoying their lack of service tbh. I’ll most likely go to the vfs on sunday when they open to make sure my visa is there! thank you so much for letting me know!
Hey! Could you let me know if you got the passport? I also applied from VFS in Doha, Qatar and am eagerly awaiting the return of my passport. My classes start 25th September however I would really like to make it to International Student Orientation on 19th September, which doesn't leave many days to spare :?

Online application: 24th August
Biometrics + Application submission: 30th August
E-mail from Sheffield UKVI on confirmation of receiving application: 31st August.

I applied for priority and hence expected it to be done by now. Should I wait a few more days or try contact UKVI?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Mja
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by Mja » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:16 pm

IncomingZone wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:18 am
aik99 wrote:
aisha00 wrote:
aik99 wrote:
update:
Hey there,

Hey! Could you let me know if you got the passport? I also applied from VFS in Doha, Qatar and am eagerly awaiting the return of my passport. My classes start 25th September however I would really like to make it to International Student Orientation on 19th September, which doesn't leave many days to spare :?

E-mail from Sheffield UKVI on confirmation of receiving application: 31st August.

I applied for priority and hence expected it to be done by now. Should I wait a few more days or try contact UKVI?

Hi! Did you get any news? I also applied for priority. It has not been that long for me, I applied last thursday, but the waiting is still killing me as I have the same problem: classes start on the 25th but the induction for my MSc is on the 19th. I contacted VFS Global and they told me they cannot give me any Information about my process.

Pn1996
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Pn1996 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:50 pm

I’m pretty confused and tensed. I absolutely have no idea what to do now. Had my biometric and interview on 7th August, received the confirmation email on 11th August. Nothing after that. My induction starts from 17th and I have no clue if I’ll be going or not. Called UKVI on Monday and they said that a decision has already been made and they weren’t sure as to why I hadn’t received my passport yet. Called them again today and they said that my case was escalated on Monday and it will take around 12 working days. I don’t know why this is happening. My CAS status states that it has been ‘used’. Really tensed, worried and confused. Had my flight booked for 15th but I guess I’ll have to cancel it now.

IncomingZone
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by IncomingZone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 am

Mja wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:16 pm
IncomingZone wrote:
aik99 wrote:
aisha00 wrote:

Hey there,

Hi! Did you get any news? I also applied for priority. It has not been that long for me, I applied last thursday, but the waiting is still killing me as I have the same problem: classes start on the 25th but the induction for my MSc is on the 19th. I contacted VFS Global and they told me they cannot give me any Information about my process.
Hello to you! Yes I did and I'm over the moon 8) :D

So just a couple of hours after I posted this, I received an e-mail stating that my passport is ready to be picked up. I went there as soon as I could and collected the passport with the visa counterfoil inside it! The feeling was amazing and I was honestly super relieved.

Also, the visa letter alongside the passport stated that my visa got issued on the 3rd of September, meaning it took 4 days since I received the e-mail from Sheffield UKVI. It basically sums upto VFS doing an absolute poor job on contacting us clients once the documents are available with them.

To the people who have waited quite a while (especially those who know their visas' are granted), I would say pay a visit to your VFS and I am pretty certain that you will find your passport sitting in their office. Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you all on the other side :D

Mja
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by Mja » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 pm

IncomingZone wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 am
Mja wrote:
IncomingZone wrote:
aik99 wrote:

So just a couple of hours after I posted this, I received an e-mail stating that my passport is ready to be picked up. I went there as soon as I could and collected the passport with the visa counterfoil inside it! The feeling was amazing and I was honestly super relieved.

Also, the visa letter alongside the passport stated that my visa got issued on the 3rd of September, meaning it took 4 days since I received the e-mail from Sheffield UKVI. It basically sums upto VFS doing an absolute poor job on contacting us clients once the documents are available with them.

To the people who have waited quite a while (especially those who know their visas' are granted), I would say pay a visit to your VFS and I am pretty certain that you will find your passport sitting in their office. Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you all on the other side :D
Thats great! I will contact VFS, I do agree they do a poor job on contacting us. What do you mean by "especially those who know their visas are granted"? How do you know if it was granted before getting your passport?

Mja
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by Mja » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Pn1996 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:50 pm
I’m pretty confused and tensed. I absolutely have no idea what to do now. Had my biometric and interview on 7th August, received the confirmation email on 11th August. Nothing after that. My induction starts from 17th and I have no clue if I’ll be going or not. Called UKVI on Monday and they said that a decision has already been made and they weren’t sure as to why I hadn’t received my passport yet. Called them again today and they said that my case was escalated on Monday and it will take around 12 working days. I don’t know why this is happening. My CAS status states that it has been ‘used’. Really tensed, worried and confused. Had my flight booked for 15th but I guess I’ll have to cancel it now.
There should be a support group for people waiting for their passports haha I swear the confusion/anxiety is horrible. Hope we get some answers soon.

IncomingZone
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by IncomingZone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:58 am

Mja wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 pm
IncomingZone wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 am
Mja wrote:
IncomingZone wrote:

Thats great! I will contact VFS, I do agree they do a poor job on contacting us. What do you mean by "especially those who know their visas are granted"? How do you know if it was granted before getting your passport?
Well some people have stated that their universities' have informed them that their BRPs are ready for collection, meaning the visa was successfully approved. Personally I did not have a clue until I opened the passport itself. I have heard most universities have a rep at the Home Office, if not, they can contact the HO to find out information about their students' applications as they are the sponsor. Anywho, wish you all the best and keep everyone updated as it definitely helps others in the same boat out!

Waqar435
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Waqar435 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 am

My timeline

Online application: 15th August 2018
Biometrics + Interview: 20th August 2018

Got email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 22 Aug 2018: Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Center. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Since then no email, no call, no SMS.

My Course starting date is 17 Sep and latest arrival date is 8 Oct.

I am so worried about the decision and don't know why they are taking that much time :? :?

huzefa62
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by huzefa62 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:48 am

Waqar435 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 am
My timeline

Got email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 22 Aug 2018: Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Center. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

I am so worried about the decision and don't know why they are taking that much time :? :?
Same situation is with me.here is my timeline
Online application: 17th August 2018

Got email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 21 Aug 2018: Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Center. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

My Course starting date was 14 Sep but still didn't get any message nor email from them

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 am

Hello guys,

I applied online on the 28th of August 2018 and got an appointment at the visa application centre (Yaounde, Cameroon) on the 31st of August 2018. Submitted my supporting documents. Another thing is that after I submitted those, I was asked if there was anything else I wanted to submit. I said my former passport as I've studied in the UK before and I have some other visas in there, but I was I told that I couldn't submit that anymore and that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyways, after that, my biometrics were taken and I had a skype interview of about 5 minutes. I believe it went well.

Two days later (2nd of September 2018) I received an email from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre saying that my application and documents were received and that I will get another email once my request has been assessed and dispatched. I haven't received any more email. My experience with this is that the said email is usually sent a couple of weeks after the appointment at the visa application centre and it takes three to five days for the passport to come back here in Cameroon. However, yesterday I checked and nothing. I also checked my CAS status and it's not "used" yet, just "assigned". I'm worried because my PhD starts on the 24th of September and as International student there's a welcome event that is compulsory for me and that will take place on the 26th of September. These two elements don't even worry me that much as I still can get to my uni up to the 8th of October. The most worrying element is that my flight is on the 22nd of September and I'm really not sure that I will get my visa by next friday. Does anyone have the same concern as me? Can anyone offer an advice or something?

Pn1996
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Pn1996 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 am

Going through the same situation at the moment . Had my flight booked for today. Orientation week starts from Monday and still no clue about my visa. It’s been 6 weeks now.

huzefa62
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by huzefa62 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

idolkiller92 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 am
Hello guys,

I applied online on the 28th of August 2018 and got an appointment at the visa application centre (Yaounde, Cameroon) on the 31st of August 2018. Submitted my supporting documents. Another thing is that after I submitted those, I was asked if there was anything else I wanted to submit. I said my former passport as I've studied in the UK before and I have some other visas in there, but I was I told that I couldn't submit that anymore and that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyways, after that, my biometrics were taken and I had a skype interview of about 5 minutes. I believe it went well.

Two days later (2nd of September 2018) I received an email from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre saying that my application and documents were received and that I will get another email once my request has been assessed and dispatched. I haven't received any more email. My experience with this is that the said email is usually sent a couple of weeks after the appointment at the visa application centre and it takes three to five days for the passport to come back here in Cameroon. However, yesterday I checked and nothing. I also checked my CAS status and it's not "used" yet, just "assigned". I'm worried because my PhD starts on the 24th of September and as International student there's a welcome event that is compulsory for me and that will take place on the 26th of September. These two elements don't even worry me that much as I still can get to my uni up to the 8th of October. The most worrying element is that my flight is on the 22nd of September and I'm really not sure that I will get my visa by next friday. Does anyone have the same concern as me? Can anyone offer an advice or something?
Can u tell me how to check CAS status?

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:16 pm

huzefa62 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

Can u tell me how to check CAS status?
It can be seen through my uni student portal.

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm

idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

Hi,
I applied online on 31 August and visited visa center for interview and bio-metrics on 6 September. UKVI sent acknowledgement email on 8 September. I am also a PhD candidate and my dates are exactly the same as yours except I have the latest enrollment date until 15 October.

There has been no further update from the UKVI since the acknowledgement email.

Kindly do share when you get any updates on your application, as you applied earlier than me so there are chances you will more likely to receive an update soon.

Good Luck!!!

Waqar435
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Waqar435 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 am

Did you visit the VFS or try to call the UKVI?

Waqar435
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Waqar435 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 am

huzefa62 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:48 am
Waqar435 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 am
My timeline

Same situation is with me.here is my timeline
Online application: 17th August 2018

Got email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk on 21 Aug 2018: Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Center. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

My Course starting date was 14 Sep but still didn't get any message nor email from them
[Please share me your contact number or msg me at telephone number removed by moderator. SO that we can discuss our cases.]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 am

Waqar435 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 am
Please share me your contact number or msg me at telephone number removed by moderator. SO that we can discuss our cases.
Members are NOT permitted to post personal contact information of ANY kind on the forum to protect your privacy. I strongly suggest you read the forum rules.

A reminder that everyone here is a stranger and we have many scamners and spanners who visit the forum daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 am

I phoned UKVI a few minutes ago, they have advised my application is still in process and that it takes upto 15 working days after the UKVI receive application.

Now have to wait for the outcome.

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am

idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

I just called the UKVI. They said that my file is still under process and should be handle by Friday. I should call them on Monday to ask if it has been handled. Might definitely miss my flight

They say 21 days to have our documents and passport back. Not 21 days to get it sorted.

I don't even know why they had that crazy idea of moving most of UKVI decision making centre to Sheffield. There used to be decision making centre in Accra (Ghana) but they changed that. Now they are struggling with deadlines.

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

idolkiller92 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

I just called the UKVI. They said that my file is still under process and should be handle by Friday. I should call them on Monday to ask if it has been handled. Might definitely miss my flight

They say 21 days to have our documents and passport back. Not 21 days to get it sorted.

I don't even know why they had that crazy idea of moving most of UKVI decision making centre to Sheffield. There used to be decision making centre in Accra (Ghana) but they changed that. Now they are struggling with deadlines.
Oh... and I was charged more than 10 pounds

K1jodeiri
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by K1jodeiri » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 am

idolkiller92 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

Oh... and I was charged more than 10 pounds
I am in same condition. I applied on th 24th Aug. And I receive an email from Sheffield on the 26th. Last Friday I mailed them to learn about my application status. And they replied that your decision has been made. But still I didn't get any email from Visa application centre.
Do you think it may take more time for PhD students?