ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Residence - Official documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Online Application vs Paper Application

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi guys,

I was first very keen to do an online application as it gives you an option to apply for passport at the sametime however, I have realised that when you go to council to submit your supporting documents for attestation, they do not provide checking of the form service.

This has led me to go for the printed document option as the council can check if you have filled it correctly. The downside is that I cannot apply for passport at the same time.

I am happy to go paper despite not able to apply for passport at the same time as I am concerned that for any questions (where I am not fully clear) that are not clear, it might delay my application.

What do you guys think? I can write the questions that concern me here if anyone can help and then go for online form.

Thanks in advance for your help.

UK_Tier1

Re: Online Application vs Paper Application

Post by UK_Tier1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:10 pm

I think it is a bit unfair on yourself to rely on the checking done by the council, as even then, they can still make mistake. So my candid advice is to do your home work, research, ask question, be honest, and you will be amazed how smoothly the process will be.

I used the on-line form and applied for passport the same time. The whole process went very smoothly. The council staff saw how well prepared my pack was, and took interest in reading through my printed on-line application form.

I am sure if you ask your questions clearly and provide background information, people will be very happy to help you.

I would encourage you to research any areas you are unsure of and ask questions, search the forum and you will be surprised that others may have had similar concerns that were addressed.

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Thank you for your advice. I will use this forum and try for the online form. I want to start with the first question if you can help or point me to a thread:

They ask in the online form that do you have a valid national identity card? I have said yes and put my current nationality's card detail and the nationality country's name there for issuing authority. Is that correct?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm
Thank you for your advice. I will use this forum and try for the online form. I want to start with the first question if you can help or point me to a thread:

They ask in the online form that do you have a valid national identity card? I have said yes and put my current nationality's card detail and the nationality country's name there for issuing authority. Is that correct?

Thanks
Not required for Non-EU citizens to submit national identity cards or provide details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm

I really appreciate the response, thanks for that.

My next question that I want to clarify is about UK Immigration applications.

I have started from the first Tier-2 application that was made in November 2012, now my question is do I need to put anything beyong this time (as it covers last 6 years) as I do have:

- 2008 (student 2 years)

- 2010 - Post Study work visa (2 years)

I also came for undergraduate in 2004 (3 years) before going out of UK for 1 year to return in 2008.

Do I need to add all these applications? I wont remember the dates of applications etc. to be honest. My company solicitors never asked when doing my first (Tier-2), second (Tier-2 extension) or ILR applications.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm
meyou5ick wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks
Not required for Non-EU citizens to submit national identity cards or provide details.
Hi CR001,

Is it not necessary for my wife and I as non-EU citizens applying Online to give our SA ID numbers and details (albeit SA ID books) where it asks on the Online Form?:-
Your identity card (South Africa)
Do you have a valid national identity card?(Required)
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.
Yes

No
National identity card number
Provide the number as shown on your identity card

Issuing authority
On your identity card, this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'.

Issue date (if applicable)(Required)
Enter date in the format DD MM YYYY
Day
Month
Year
Expiry date (if applicable)(Required)
Day
Month
Year
I understood we should disclose? but maybe I have it wrong if you think so?

Thanking you, cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi CR001,

Is it not necessary for my wife and I as non-EU citizens applying Online to give our SA ID numbers and details (albeit SA ID books) where it asks on the Online Form?:-
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.
Yes

No

Issuing authority
On your identity card, this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'.

Day
Month
Year
Day
Month
Year

Thanking you, cheers.
No, not required and completely irrelevant to Non-EU citizens applying for naturalisation. An SA ID book/number means nothing in the UK.

For info, EU nationals can use their national identity cards for citizenship instead of their passports, which have expiry dates etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi CR001,

Yes

No

Issuing authority

Day
Month
Year
Day
Month
Year

Thanking you, cheers.
No, not required and completely irrelevant to Non-EU citizens applying for naturalisation. An SA ID book/number means nothing in the UK.

For info, EU nationals can use their national identity cards for citizenship instead of their passports, which have expiry dates etc.
Thanks CR001, I will change our answers to NO and leave out the detail then in that case, as not necessary to complete.

Cheers and thanks

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks CR001, would you please also let me know about my query regarding immigration history?

Thanks in advance

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Form AN Name Confusion - Question 1.8

Post by meyou5ick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am

Hi Char and everyone,

Would you please assist with my query, apologies for writing here..I actually do have a post here:

british-citizenship/online-application- ... l#p1680651

I am just little anxious due to timeline coming closer and I still got some questions which I am not super clear on, the main one is:

I have started from the first Tier-2 application that was made in November 2012, now my question is do I need to put anything beyong this time (as it covers last 6 years) as I do have:

- 2008 (student 2 years)

- 2010 - Post Study work visa (2 years)

I also came for undergraduate in 2004 (3 years) before going out of UK for 1 year to return in 2008.

Do I need to add all these applications? I wont remember the dates of applications etc. to be honest.

My company solicitors never asked when doing my first (Tier-2), second (Tier-2 extension) or ILR applications or added anything beyond 2012.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN Name Confusion - Question 1.8

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm

You are required to provide details of all applications made to HO/UKVI. It is not a trick question and you need to be honest and list it all.

Don't confuse the requirements for citizenship with those for ILR, they are separate and different.

Also, please do not tag your questions onto other members threads and then bumped it again to get someone to respond. All your topics have been merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate it and sorry for mixing things.

So I hope I dont have to add my first ever tourist visa details? Because that was 21 years ago.

As for anything other than tourist, my first application was in 2004 for a first time student. What if I dont know all the details?

I had 2004-2007 stay on student followed by:

2008-2010 student

2011-2012 PSW

All of the above need to be mentioned? I wouldnt remember all the details, could only pick some details from the passport stamps.

Thanks again

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Online Form: Reference Numbers for Previous Applications

Post by meyou5ick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Dear all,

Firstly thanks for helping out so far. I wanted to ask that I am putting all my previous immigration application details (except visitor visa).

My question is that they ask:

- Date of application if known. I am just thinking when I submitted and I only have a response letter afterwards (day later). What if I am a day or two wrong with my date of application? Is that bad or can I just leave it blank as it says ‘if known’

- Enter your reference number. This one is tricky, it says on the response letter from HO ‘Your ref’, ‘Our ref’. Common sense suggests, I put ‘Your ref’ number there, is that correct?

OR is it just better to leave them blank as it says ‘if known’

Please can someone help?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm
Also, please do not tag your questions onto other members threads and then bumped it again to get someone to respond. All your topics have been merged.
See also multiple posts/topics (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Re: Online Form: Reference Numbers for Previous Applications

Post by meyou5ick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Thanks for that and apologies for creating a new topic.

It would be great if someone can answer my query. I have all my visa details but the form asks for date of applications and reference numbers. Now I made my first non-visitor application in 2004. I would no way remember what date I applied and what was the applications reference number.

I know the visa validity time period and permit number by looking at the visa in my passport.

Can anyone please suggest me what I should do? It does state for date of application and reference number to state ‘if known’ so I could leave it blank but then there isnt any detail on that specific application as the rest two questions are were fingerprints taken and when they were taken and what name I applied in.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Re: Online Form: Reference Numbers for Previous Applications

Post by meyou5ick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone please respond? Really concerned about this.

Thanks again

meyou5ick
Pakistan

HELP: Immigration History

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 am

Dear all,

Hope all of you are well.

I have stumbled upon this question of immigration history. I am asked to write down previous application details (Name, Date of Application (if known), Reference Number (if known), BRP Taken, Date of BRP Taken (if known).

Now firstly I first arrived in 2004 to 2007 for studies, I then took a year abroad off.

I came then in 2008 as a student and then switched to PSW end of 2010.

My first question is, do I start from 2008 details or 2004? I was away from 2007 to 2008 for a year outside UK, so when does that start?

Secondly, I dont remember Date of Application, Reference Number and BRP Date. If I leave it blank then perhaps there's no point of putting that specific application detail as it doesnt tell you anything? They should have these details anyway.

Also, when they say when did you first arrive to UK, it will be 2008 or 2004?

Please can someone help? This question is only found in the online application form.

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP: Immigration History

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 am

Are you missing the bracketed words (IF KNOWN)?
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm
See also multiple posts/topics (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks Char.

I have seen the ‘if known’ part but this is how it would look without ‘if known’ sections:

Name

Applied within UK

Date: Not known

Reference Number: Not known

BRP: Yes

BRP Date: Not known

How does that help them then if I add this?

Hence my concern

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Perhaps then you should do a subject access request for your full history.

Usually, applicants remember even month/year and put that in and many keep copies of past BRPs and HO letters. But to not remember any detail at all is unusual.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah I might have to do that. They already have these details anyway. I have visa details but I dont have what date I submitted the application, it sounds bizarre that I will remember when I submitted that and what reference number they gave me.

I have my visa stamp, validity and the visa number but thats what anyone would keep. I never even imagined that they would ask for what date did you submit your 14 years ago visa and what was the reference number we gave you then. It sounds very bizarre.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Put your visa stamp date as it appears in the passport then. The visa stickers in your passport also have reference numbers.
They already have these details anyway.
That is not the point really is it. You are completing a form for the privilege of citizenship to the Nationality Department who are asking you to complete a form and sign the declaration that the contents is true and correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Ill put the valid from date instead if the date of application submitted then, thanks.

As for reference number..What I have read on these forums is that if applying from outside UK (which is what I did for 2008 and 2004 visas), the red number on top right is reference number. Is that correct?

Also, I dont remember if I did Biometrics for the applications from outside..I cannot ignore the question so I am putting ‘No’ although I am not fully clear.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it. The printed form is easier compared to this as it doesnt ask you the history of immigration details like this. 🙁

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm

As for reference number..What I have read on these forums is that if applying from outside UK (which is what I did for 2008 and 2004 visas), the red number on top right is reference number. Is that correct?
Correct.
Also, I dont remember if I did Biometrics for the applications from outside..I cannot ignore the question so I am putting ‘No’ although I am not fully clear.
You would have as it is standard for all applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Firstly, thanks for all your help.

Secondly, ill put a yes for Biometrics but wont remember the date for it.

Lastly, when it says when did you first arrive..I will be putting 2004 and Heathrow as my entry point.

Also just one more thing..On the paper form the first question:

1.1 Give any reference numbers used in your immigration
applications:

Do you put all your references (separated by commas) or your last one?

Thanks again