ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am

@MAK 2386 , its really heart breaking news friend , I am really feeling very upset and sad for you , what a mess rejection after 1.6 year , why didn,t they decide it in first 6 months , why did they leave you in limbo for that long time ?

Did you get email notification that your application is rejected ? I heard email notification are being sent only after application is approved .

If your grand parents were born in Ireland , how can they reject your application ? as you provided them your grand parents Irish birth certificate , this document is the one and only piece of paper which show your grand parents were born in Ireland so you are clearly entitle to Irish citizenship according to Irish citizenship act .

let us know once you get rejection letter what do they mean by insufficient documents as someone here might be able to advise you as you can appeal the decision as I know one guy got FBR after appealing the rejection .

Aizaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aizaz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am

Mak2386 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm
@ Aizaz , as you said to write a letter to minister and explain him all story , I have already wrote minister a letter telling everything in details months ago but got same rely your application is being processed , these minister do not read the letter and they do not know anything about them , only their secretaries deal with them .

I am ready for DNA test or to show them entry / exit stamps on passport but those idiots did not ask for any thing to provide them.

I spoke with a solicitor and we are getting ready to bring them to court to force them for a decision.
Status update : My application has been rejected after 1.6 Years because of insufficient documents. i have had provided all the additional documents they asked. i am waiting for the official communication ( i got email now) so may be they explain what document is missing..... is there any advise... refusal or rejection are same ?
Hi bluemoon, Did you got any reply yet or what would you advise me bec as you explain writing a letter Won’t worth .. ? Is there an idea you recommend or would you recommend any Solister to consult with them as regard to make decision for application ? Or as I contact Solister he said once they refused we challenge them ? Or can you recommend any relavent Solicister who have a proper experience , knowledge for delaying the application law or naturalization expert ? Much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:03 am

Aizaz wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am
Hi bluemoon, Did you got any reply yet or what would you advise me bec as you explain writing a letter Won’t worth .. ? Is there an idea you recommend or would you recommend any Solister to consult with them as regard to make decision for application ? Or as I contact Solister he said once they refused we challenge them ? Or can you recommend any relavent Solicister who have a proper experience , knowledge for delaying the application law or naturalization expert ? Much appreciated
Members are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am
@MAK 2386 , its really heart breaking news friend , I am really feeling very upset and sad for you , what a mess rejection after 1.6 year , why didn,t they decide it in first 6 months , why did they leave you in limbo for that long time ?

Did you get email notification that your application is rejected ? I heard email notification are being sent only after application is approved .

If your grand parents were born in Ireland , how can they reject your application ? as you provided them your grand parents Irish birth certificate , this document is the one and only piece of paper which show your grand parents were born in Ireland so you are clearly entitle to Irish citizenship according to Irish citizenship act .

let us know once you get rejection letter what do they mean by insufficient documents as someone here might be able to advise you as you can appeal the decision as I know one guy got FBR after appealing the rejection .
This is very unfortunate.... i have had provided all required documents they asked. i dont know what other documents they need it.. i am waiting for written confirmation or letter from them.. as per FBR website. if there is a refusal on application i have a right of appeal.. if they reject it because of incomplete documentation then i can file the application again after attaching all docs..... i want to know what was missing. i hope they gonna write in letter..... any advise appreciated in forum please.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:52 pm

I didn’t know is there is any difference in rejection and refusing, what a pity , rejection after 1.6 years due to incomplete documents, if documents were incomplete why did not they tell you again to send them or why didn’t they reject application at first stage ? Why did they waste your 18 months ? You must demand answers from them . Best of luck.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Mak2386 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am

This is very unfortunate.... i have had provided all required documents they asked. i dont know what other documents they need it.. i am waiting for written confirmation or letter from them.. as per FBR website. if there is a refusal on application i have a right of appeal.. if they reject it because of incomplete documentation then i can file the application again after attaching all docs..... i want to know what was missing. i hope they gonna write in letter..... any advise appreciated in forum please.
Could it be a case where they sent you a letter requesting for more documents, but you did not receive it? I don't know how it works for FBR, but for naturalisation applications they send all correspondences by regular mail instead of registered mail unless it contains your passport.

ashleighp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ashleighp » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:01 am

Hi all

Thanks for sharing your experiences. This has been a really helpful thread.

I’ve had an application in from Australia since April 5, 2018. I sent (and acknowledged receipt) additional documents in July 2018 (Mum’s divorce)

I emailed to check progress early August and got a very standard “processing can take up to 6 months” reply.

It seems many people have received their citizenship certificate from applications dated later than mine. I totally appreciate this varies depending on family documents and probably individual employees working on FBR...

What I’d like to ask is have some people had their documents show up in the mail WITHOUT getting that email you’ve been added to FBR?

I’m now past the 5 month mark and getting very anxious!! Waking up every morning hoping to see an email with .ie

Thanks for any advice and congratulations to all the recent Irish citizens!

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Post by mattskilondon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 am

Hi folks
I've posted before on this thread and others about my experiences, and today, having gone through the FBR a while ago, I have received my Irish passport. The turnaround was unbelievably quick: having submitted my passport form from the UK I received my passport back less than 5 weeks later. I'm going to sign off now but wanted to say this has been the most constructive, respectful and well moderated forum I've been involved in. Thanks for all the help and good luck for the future.
Matt

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 am

ashleighp wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:01 am
What I’d like to ask is have some people had their documents show up in the mail WITHOUT getting that email you’ve been added to FBR?
I did not receive an email informing me of my entry in the FBR. I received an email confirming receipt of my application documentation on 16 April. But after that, I heard nothing until I received my FBR certificate and approval letter by post on 16 August. A few weeks prior to that, I requested a status update, but received no response to that.

Good luck. Hope your approval is on its way!

ashleighp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ashleighp » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 am

PasadenaTom wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 am
ashleighp wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:01 am
I did not receive an email informing me of my entry in the FBR. I received an email confirming receipt of my application documentation on 16 April. But after that, I heard nothing until I received my FBR certificate and approval letter by post on 16 August. A few weeks prior to that, I requested a status update, but received no response to that.

Good luck. Hope your approval is on its way!
Thanks! Fingers crossed :)

Congrats

lolak
Newly Registered

Post by lolak » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to add this information in case anyone else is in the same boat. I sent off all my documents on 3rd August 2018, made the payment...and heard nothing.

On this forum a lot of people mention receiving an email that confirms that their documents have been received, just a few days after they sent it all off, which worried me a lot. I ended up emailing the London Embassy at the start of September and they took a week to reply but confirmed they had all my documents.

So - just to say don't worry if you don't receive the confirmation! I guess not everybody does.

jpfitzy7
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jpfitzy7 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Just received my FBR certificate yesterday and figured I'd update with my timeline.

Completed my online application April 5, 2018
Fed Ex documents to Dublin and received confirmation received email April 12, 2018
I sent an email to check status June 28, 2018 and was informed sent for final approval on June 5, 2018 and could take 10-12 weeks
Received an email September 3, 2018 that said was approved.
Received my FBR certificate September 17, 2018. Letter was dated September 11, 2018.

Now to begin the process of my passport. I had emailed the Consulate in Boston last month and got the application so I have it already to file.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 pm

You must be close, Im also in Massachusetts.

The wait is killing me! Lol

Koolboy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Koolboy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:13 am

Mak2386 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm
Status update : My application has been rejected after 1.6 Years because of insufficient documents. i have had provided all the additional documents they asked. i am waiting for the official communication ( i got email now) so may be they explain what document is missing..... is there any advise... refusal or rejection are same ?
Hi Dear
Sad to hear that your application was rejected. Did you receive their official letter. what the reason for refusal. please share it with the forum. Thanks

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 pm

@ Mak2386 , did you get letter explaining you what was the main reason / missing document for rejection ?

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 pm

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to point me in the right direction. I've done research on the topic, but a bit confused about how to apply.

My grandfather is Northern Irish, born, raised and died in Belfast.
My mother was born in Northern Ireland and raised in Belfast
I was born in the United Kingdom

Obviously none of us have current Southern Irish citizenship/passport. I know, in order to get it, I must be added to the FBR.

But, who am I claiming citizenship through, am I claiming through my grandfather, or does my mother being born in Northern Ireland also make it valid (despite holding a British Passport).

Using the page at: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... rn-ireland

It shows:
Your answers indicate that you are most likely entitled to be an Irish citizen, because one of your parents was born on the island of Ireland. This entitlement is not affected by when or where you were born.

I'm just a bit confused whether i'm claiming via my mother or grandparent and whether both having been norn in NI and British passport holders still makes it valid?

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 am

If I am not mistaken and I don’t think i am, your mother was born in Ireland, then you are an itish citizen. All you need to do is apply for an Irish passport. You may need supporting documentation.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 am

Rbs3
Newly Registered

Post by Rbs3 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:58 am

alex98uk wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 pm
I was wondering whether anyone would be able to point me in the right direction. I've done research on the topic, but a bit confused about how to apply.

I was born in the United Kingdom?
This is easy - you are all automatically Irish when you do an act that only an Irish citizen can do (e.g. apply for a passport). You do not need FBR. Go straight to the passport application. Your passport application will require the full birth certificate of your mother; if you don’t have this, official copies can be ordered: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/or ... ate-online

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 am
Start here—-

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... de-ireland
Rbs3 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:58 am
alex98uk wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 pm

I was born in the United Kingdom?
This is easy - you are all automatically Irish when you do an act that only an Irish citizen can do (e.g. apply for a passport). You do not need FBR. Go straight to the passport application. Your passport application will require the full birth certificate of your mother; if you don’t have this, official copies can be ordered: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/or ... ate-online
Michael123 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 am
If I am not mistaken and I don’t think i am, your mother was born in Ireland, then you are an itish citizen. All you need to do is apply for an Irish passport. You may need supporting documentation.
Thank you so much all :)

I'm glad it's possible to skip the FBR stage, removes a good portion of the cost and time taken. I thought this may have been the case, but it wasn't entirely clear to me.

I'll get this process started asap!

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Sorry, one other quick question. Applications apparently must be made via Liverpool or Glasgow:

"All applications must be submitted in your country of residence. This includes residents in Great Britain who must apply through either designated Post Offices in Glasgow and Liverpool, by post to CORK PASSPORT OFFICE, PO Box 907, SOUTH CITY DSU, CORK, IRELAND. T12 C825"

Does anyone know how this process works. Must it be posted in person from one of these Post Offices, or is there a "forwarding" service? For example, I post it here in Bristol to either Glasgow or Liverpool, who then in turn forward it onto the Cork Passport Office?

If not, then I understand that I will need to make an appointment to submit my application at the Irish embassy in London.

Has anyone undertaken this process recently? I would need to submit photographic proof which has to be my passport. I hold a German driving license and i'm unsure as to whether it would be accepted due to me residing in the UK and the fact I do not have a certified translation of it.

I am due to fly to Chile in February and so want to ensure I would have my UK passport back by then :) My wife just finished up her UK BRP application which took 4 months (without passport!) which was a bit nerve inducing.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Please delete. I understand I can apply directly to the Cork Passport Office without having to use Glasgow, Liverpool or the London embassy.

Also, no longer relevant for FBR thread.

dmf90
Newly Registered

Post by dmf90 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:51 am

Just an update of my FBR submitted from the UK, I've now received my FBR certificate and all my original documents.

My timeline:
Submitted Application: 20/03/2018
Application received in London: 22/03/2018
Email requesting additional docs from Consular Division (Dublin): 08/08/2018
Additional docs received at Consular Division (Dublin): 29/08/2018
Email requesting my witness (Police Officer) to send a direct confirmation email from their work account to my case officer confirming they witnessed my application: 30/08/2018
Received confirmation the confirmation email needed had been received: 31/08/2018
FBR delivered to my UK address: 25/09/2018
FBR Certificate Dated: 11/09/2018.

Even with a little error on my part and my witness not being able to supply a police station stamp on my ID, the whole process took 6 months, 5 days.

I'm currently travelling in Australia so I had a family member open my mail over Facetime... such an exciting moment I won't forget :) Congrats to all the others who have recently received their citizenship too.

For those wondering what the letter and certificate looks like, I did a quick search of "#Irishcitizen" on Instagram a few weeks ago and people post their letters and certificates on there... you'll have yours soon! #excitingtimes

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 pm
@ Mak2386 , did you get letter explaining you what was the main reason / missing document for rejection ?
Any update for your application Bluemoon?

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Nothing yet .