ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tipurekha

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by tipurekha » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Dear moderators and experience similar situation
I have granted ILR 4 September 2018. My wife granted 30 months visa same time but she completed 10 years July 2018. She didn't apply ILR because my ILR application was refused because of 11 days GAP but I won appeal and HO issued ILR at last.
She has got life in the UK test certificate
B1 cert, more than 2 years old.

Does she need B1again?
And what is the possibility to grant her ILR?

Please give your valuable comments
Many thanks

Jigish24
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jigish24 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 pm

I applied my ilr lr on 24/03/2018.
Called yesterday to HO to know my application progress and I have been told that will get email within 5 working days. Yesterday got email and it said that.
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

I can’t understand what does it mean.
Can you please tell if anyone knows
Thanks

Navi05
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Navi05 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 am

My application LR was refused yesterday saying I had only 9 years and 10 months lawfull period in this country. I applied 28 days before from the date of my visa issued which they have overlooked and considered the date of entry in the country only. I am given a right to appeal, can anyone suggest me how long is the appeal process and what are the likelihood of success in my case. Whether I should write reconsideration letter first or just file appeal straightaway. Suggestions with be helpful please advise me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 am

Navi05 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 am
My application LR was refused yesterday saying I had only 9 years and 10 months lawfull period in this country. I applied 28 days before from the date of my visa issued which they have overlooked and considered the date of entry in the country only. I am given a right to appeal, can anyone suggest me how long is the appeal process and what are the likelihood of success in my case. Whether I should write reconsideration letter first or just file appeal straightaway. Suggestions with be helpful please advise me.
ILR based on long residence starts counting form the date you ENTERED the UK and NOT from visa issue date. This is VERY clearly stated in the HO documents available online and in the form and guidance notes.

The refusal is correct as you did not meet the requirements and applied too early.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:11 am

Navi05 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 am
The rules for 10 year LR is that the continuous period is calculated from the date of entry.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jozou
Newly Registered

Post by jozou » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:54 am

A quick question: I need to travel urgently and need my passport and BRC back, anyone know whether this will automatic withdrawal my application to ILR (LR). Thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:59 am

jozou wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:54 am
A quick question: I need to travel urgently and need my passport and BRC back, anyone know whether this will automatic withdrawal my application to ILR (LR). Thanks!!!
It usually does yes and you likely lose the fee already paid. Given that HO need to confirm your absence after your premium appointment, you should wait for their outcome ideally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 am

Dear Gurus,

Please can some one show me the link for the topic related to Set ILR checklist. I am applying premium service on 10th October.

Thank you in advance
Passion

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:42 am

Satinder25 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 am
Dear Gurus,

Please can some one show me the link for the topic related to Set ILR checklist. I am applying premium service on 10th October.

Thank you in advance
It is in the Set(LR) form!!

There is not 'set lr checklist' topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am

Hi

why is spouse/dependent passport/biometric card required to be sent when only the main applicant is applying for SET LR ?

the documents checklist for SET LR is asking for original 'Document's showing 'Spouse's immigration status' such as passport/biometric card'

the checklist also asks for 'Original documents as evidence for relationship with the spouse for the last 2years'

why is it mandatory when the dependants are not applying/switching to any visa ? I ask because the dependants can't travel as they get stuck here for 6months or until a decision is made on the main applicant's SET LR , as their passport/brp is also with HO

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:06 pm

justdopposite wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am
Hi

why is spouse/dependent passport/biometric card required to be sent when only the main applicant is applying for SET LR ?

the documents checklist for SET LR is asking for original 'Document's showing 'Spouse's immigration status' such as passport/biometric card'

the checklist also asks for 'Original documents as evidence for relationship with the spouse for the last 2years'

why is it mandatory when the dependants are not applying/switching to any visa ? I ask because the dependants can't travel as they get stuck here for 6months or until a decision is made on the main applicant's SET LR , as their passport/brp is also with HO
Are you looking at the right form ? I just checked the SET (LR) form and it does not show any such requirement
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Yep, it is indeed in the SET LR checklist , at the end of the online application. (one of the pdf files you download)

May be they want to make it easy for themselves when the spouse/dependant switches to FLR-M at some point ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm

justdopposite wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm
Yep, it is indeed in the SET LR checklist , at the end of the online application. (one of the pdf files you download)

May be they want to make it easy for themselves when the spouse/dependant switches to FLR-M at some point ?
Are we looking at the same document ? This is what I am looking at - SET (LR) application

Which pg on this are you referring to ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm
justdopposite wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Are we looking at the same document ? This is what I am looking at - SET (LR) application

Which pg on this are you referring to ?
OP is looking at the online form, which has this requirement. The paper form doesn't specify it specifically in Section 7 on page 31.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

doctor1989

Post by doctor1989 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Is there a halfway house between the same day decision when applying for ILR premium service and the 6 month waiting time for the postal application??

What are the waiting times generally for the postal applications? I can't seem to find a thread for timelines for ILR LR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 am

doctor1989 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 pm
Is there a halfway house between the same day decision when applying for ILR premium service and the 6 month waiting time for the postal application??

What are the waiting times generally for the postal applications? I can't seem to find a thread for timelines for ILR LR
This is the thread but members have, as usual, taken it completely off topic.

Postal can take a few months, six months and sometimes much longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

muskan ali
Pakistan

Post by muskan ali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi All senior members I need some advice please I am going to apply for ILR based on long residency But confused about English test requirements. In 2008 I came on student visa and gave IELTS ACADEMIC with score 6.5 band and used it for entry clearance.

I also found Test center number (010) and place (Karachi) on UKBA websites In the list of approved test centers

So my Question is IELTS ACADEMIC which I have given in 2008 acceptable or I have to re do the English test?

Thanks for your advice

muskan ali
Pakistan

Post by muskan ali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi All senior members I need some advice please I am going to apply for ILR based on long residency But confused about English test requirements. In 2008 I came on student visa and gave IELTS ACADEMIC with score 6.5 band and used it for entry clearance.

I also found Test center number (010) and place (Karachi) on UKBA websites In the list of approved test centers

So my Question is IELTS ACADEMIC which I have given in 2008 acceptable or I have to re do the English test?

Thanks for your advice
[/quote]

learner29

Post by learner29 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:32 pm

muskan ali wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks for your advice
[/quote]
IELTS test report expires after 2 years, so I am afraid you cannot use that IELTS Test Report.

muskan ali
Pakistan

Post by muskan ali » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:52 pm

learner29 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:32 pm
muskan ali wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks for your advice
IELTS test report expires after 2 years, so I am afraid you cannot use that IELTS Test Report.
[/quote]

But On UKBA websites it’s clearly written

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:25 pm

This is the thread but members have, as usual, taken it completely off topic.

Postal can take a few months, six months and sometimes much longer.

I think its because this topic does not say 'TIMELINES ONLY' in the header, it just says 'Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications' :roll:

would be really great if members could post their SET LR postal timelines here though

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm

what is timeline for online SET (LR) application .... is thr anyone who has applied SET(LR) online... !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:33 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm
what is timeline for online SET (LR) application .... is thr anyone who has applied SET(LR) online... !
It varies between a couple of months to 6 months sometime more. It depends on the individual circumstances if each case, some more complicated than others.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi All,

Received my ILR (long residence 10yr) through premium service in Cardiff.

Appointment 8:40am (arrived at 8:15)
Registration done at 8:30am
Biometric done at 9:25am
10:30am case worker said the documents are all fine but the approval from their security checks are still pending from the data base centre.
15:00 he said that we need to hold the application as they still didn’t received reply. We requested if we can wait another hour to see if thebreply comes. The case worker was very co-operative and helpful. He accepted our request and we came back after 45 mins and we received approval. (Lucky us)

Hope it helps.

Docs as follows;
PASSPORT & BRP
LIFE IN UK
MBA DEGREE
FILLED FORM
SOLICITOR LETTER

Still took all business docs and personal statement on side as my current visa status was Tier 1 E(full clean and running). Also I didn’t wanted to give them any chance.

Best of luck to all who are applying
Passion

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:33 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm
It varies between a couple of months to 6 months sometime more. It depends on the individual circumstances if each case, some more complicated than others.
Thanku cr001 for quick response. I applied couple of days back for 10 year long residence . Actually i varied my application from
Tier1 extension.. i applied last year for tier extension for which is result was stil pending so i baried to ilr within 28 days online and biometric was done the same day. So was jus wondering if minusing biometric process will accelrate the result.. its so depressing firt waiting for extension fo a year and now this., havent anyome varying via tier extension online. Lets hope ppl post more infor bout it and thanks alot again.. chaoi