ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failure to update address

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ack
Newly Registered
Brazil

Failure to update address

Post by ack » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Hello,

I'm writing to ask for some extra advice on what should be my next steps.

I have graduated in July and will be starting a MA, so I'm applying for a new Tier 4 visa from within the UK. Unfortunately, I was unaware that I had to update my new address from February this year and only realised I had to do so when preparing my new application.

I went to a Police Registration appointment today to update my address and the two police officers were extremely aggressive and rude to me. I apologised for my oversight and they went on saying 'Oh, I see what's happening here, you want to extend your visa and you have realised you need to update your address'. After that, they said they were really unhappy with my situation. lectured me and said I had committed a criminal offence and they would report me to the Home Office?! Afterwards, they said they would keep my previous police registration as it was expired? However, there was no expiry date on it and I need that document to be submitted with my new application.

I'm still slightly in shock because I tried to fix my mistake as soon as I realised it. I asked them what I should do next and they didn't say anything, only that they would contact me if necessary, and they haven't updated my address.

How should I proceed?

Thank you