ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship: Irish rail fine

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Helpme121
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship: Irish rail fine

Post by Helpme121 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hey guys

I am about to apply for my Irish citizenship and I remembered I got a fixed payment notice of 100€ on the train 2 years ago for forgetting to tap my child leap card

I was wondering if it is relevant to mention it on my application?. I wasn’t convicited and I didn’t go to court.. I just paid the fine and forgot about it

Hello001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship: Irish rail fine

Post by Hello001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:06 am

Helpme121 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:41 pm
Hey guys

I am about to apply for my Irish citizenship and I remembered I got a fixed payment notice of 100€ on the train 2 years ago for forgetting to tap my child leap card

I was wondering if it is relevant to mention it on my application?. I wasn’t convicited and I didn’t go to court.. I just paid the fine and forgot about it
Hi there,

No harm in mentioning this in your application, just include a written letter explaining that the situation was truely unintentional, you will be fine. I would definitely do this to avoid any embarrassment later on.
All the best,

Regards.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am

I agree. I think someone previously mentioned that such fines are not reported to Garda, but I wouldn't want to risk this chance. If they have your name recorded in their database, there is always a chance that Garda might be able to access it. It would definitely be better for you to tell the story rather than having someone else finds it out for you.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Agree on this, make a cover letter and explain that it was not intentional. It is better to include than they discover themselves.

Italian_guy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Italian_guy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 am

Should I mention a fine for not wearing seatbelts while driving a car? It was a fixed penalty fine with 3 points . I would assume questions 11.3/11.4 and 11.7 are not referred to this situation. Where should I report this fine? (if needed)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:13 am

Italian_guy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 am
Should I mention a fine for not wearing seatbelts while driving a car? It was a fixed penalty fine with 3 points . I would assume questions 11.3/11.4 and 11.7 are not referred to this situation. Where should I report this fine? (if needed)
11.1 is where you declare whether you have any offences. Driving without seatbelt is an offence. As mentioned on the form, you need to disclose the details in the additional info field

Michellekim34
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michellekim34 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi, was just wondering if you already applied for your irish citizenship and how did it go? Did you mention that you got a fixed payment notice in your application or not? I have the same scenario here and i am about to apply for the citizenship. Hoping for your response.

asap800
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by asap800 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering, what was the outcome of the application? Did any of you declare it, and did it get approved?

Any information would be highly appreciated, as I am in a similar situation.

Cheers!

Helpme121
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Helpme121 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:45 am

I didn’t bother to mention it because I couldn’t even find a receipt or a proof of payment as it was a really long time ago and I paid over the phone. My application was still successful and received my approval in December. Hope this is helpful, I may have just been lucky or rail fines aren’t serious enough for a Garda report :lol: