ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone working on Tier 4 Dependent?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vincentforums
Newly Registered
India

Anyone working on Tier 4 Dependent?

Post by vincentforums » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:02 pm

My spouse is considering an MBA from London. I wanted to understand if anyone here is working in the UK and their general experiences with securing a job (contract) on a Tier 4 dependent.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Anyone working on Tier 4 Dependent?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Being a Tier 4 Dependant has no specific bearing on or connection to your employment prospects. You would be in the same position as anyone else in the local labour force, unless the job was one of the few that PBS dependants cannot do.

For which work is not allowed, see immigration rule 319D(b)(iii)-(v).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vincentforums
Newly Registered
India

Post by vincentforums » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm
Being a Tier 4 Dependant has no specific bearing on or connection to your employment prospects. You would be in the same position as anyone else in the local labour force, unless the job was one of the few that PBS dependants cannot do.

For which work is not allowed, see immigration rule 319D(b)(iii)-(v).
I understand, but I am trying to gauge the experiences of any t4 dependents as regards any experience of bias by recruiters...

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 pm

vincentforums wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 pm
[I understand, but I am trying to gauge the experiences of any t4 dependents as regards any experience of bias by recruiters...
Bias against Tier 4 Dependants specifically? That does not seem very likely.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.