ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR result- parcel returned

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flyaway2018
Newly Registered

ILR result- parcel returned

Post by flyaway2018 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi all
I am currently waiting for my ILR result after I sent out my application by post, I missed the Royal mail postman this morning, and got a card saying there is a parcel(not letter) need to be signed for, I will only know what is it in Monday when the delivery centre is open and I am able to collect my parcel.

But can people tell me from their experience is that going to be good or bad news, since it is a parcel need t to be sign for, weather I am approved or refused of ILR, they will both return the documents back?

Many thanks for sharing your experience, sorry I am just very anxious.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR result- parcel returned

Post by aman90 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Regardless of the result, you’ll get the parcel you sent back.
Are you sure the delivery centre is not open today. Have you checked online? The post man returns the post before the end of day. You should go down there if you can instead of torturing yourself over the weekend.
I missed my delivery too. Was told to collect next day but I just popped down to the specified same day..

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Typically documents are only sent back with the decision if it's an approval. So a parcel likely means good news.
Because if it's a rejection, they'll hold the documents for AR.
It's tough to say for sure though.
Just that I've seen other cases where the Royal Mail slip said letter when just the rejection was sent out.

flyaway2018
Newly Registered

Post by flyaway2018 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 am

Hi sM12
You are right, it is approval letter with returned documents. Thank you for everyone in this forum help me through the application journey. And I hope everyone who is still waiting get good news soon as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:38 pm

flyaway2018 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 am
Hi sM12
You are right, it is approval letter with returned documents. Thank you for everyone in this forum help me through the application journey. And I hope everyone who is still waiting get good news soon as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations!

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 pm

congratulations