ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with signature

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Issues with signature

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Hey guys,

I was talking to a few friends who applied for citizenship and they told me that it’s becoming a routine that they are asking for you to handwrite a letter and sign it if your signature doesn’t match the declaration page.

Have any of you had this issue?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Issues with signature

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Yes they asked me to provide that. In my case, our passport requires the signature in the native language Chinese, while the signature I signed on the form is in English.
They asked me to provide a hand-written letter which includes both names.
If you want to save an unnecessary delay, send it in along with your application.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Same with me. Asked signature on hand written format and explanation why it is different. Consulted with my lawyer, they said it is very very common they asked this.

My advice is to provide written explanation and send ASAP

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 pm

That’s the thing. I sent it with the wrong signature and after 7 months (more or less) they sent a letter requesting it.

Does it mean that my application is finally being processed? And how long does it usually take after this?

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 pm

At which stage they requested explanation?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Second stage. I got my second stage after a week or so when sending my application back in February this year

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 pm
Second stage. I got my second stage after a week or so when sending my application back in February this year
hi! gorgeous
you did different signature on your form and you have different one on your passport?
is that right

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 pm

abelekhoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 pm
gorgeous wrote:
hi! gorgeous
you did different signature on your form and you have different one on your passport?
is that right
Hey abelekhoh, that’s correct! It was a mistake and I didn’t even realise to be honest, only when I went to a place where they check your docs and they told me it was wrong but that I should send as it was and see if they were going to say something or not

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 pm
abelekhoh wrote:
gorgeous wrote:
hi! gorgeous
is that right
Hey abelekhoh, that’s correct! It was a mistake and I didn’t even realise to be honest, only when I went to a place where they check your docs and they told me it was wrong but that I should send as it was and see if they were going to say something or not
Right but normally they check these things on the initial stage but as you told now you are on second stage
and they sent a letter to you to explain why your signature is different
when did you got this letter?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm

abelekhoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm
gorgeous wrote:
abelekhoh wrote:
gorgeous wrote:
hi! gorgeous
is that right
Right but normally they check these things on the initial stage but as you told now you are on second stage
Yep! I found it weird as well as they check this on the first stage and not second! I got the letter last week

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:35 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm
abelekhoh wrote:
gorgeous wrote:
abelekhoh wrote:

hi! gorgeous
is that right
Yep! I found it weird as well as they check this on the first stage and not second! I got the letter last week
just wright a letter and explain them its means they are checking everything on all stages
did you ever apply social benefits or you are working all the time

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 pm

abelekhoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:35 pm
gorgeous wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm
abelekhoh wrote:
gorgeous wrote:

just wright a letter and explain them its means they are checking everything on all stages
did you ever apply social benefits or you are working all the time
Never got any benefits and been working full time yeah! I wonder if they did the background check yet which I doubt it! They got my letter yesterday. Just hope I get my approval and they don’t pick on me because of my signature! :-(