ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General (Dependant extension)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Confusion of next category for dependent visa

Post by psitondudu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Please can someone advise on the category my wife's extension will fall. In November 2014 I was about 22 months into my extended Tier 1 General visa (3 years Extension) when my wife joined me in the UK as my dependent.

When I put in my application for my ILR after my Tier 1 General extension expired, my wife was only given an additional 3 years extension as my dependent under my ILR as she had not spent the mandatory 2 years under the initial category (Tier 1 general dependent) to qualify for her ILR.

In 2017, I applied and obtained my British citizenship while my wife still holds her dependent of ILR visa. The problem I now have is her visa will be expiring in December 2018, and as her total number of years isn't 5 years yet (she will be months short) she cannot get her ILR yet, or can she?

I don't want to apply for her under the dependent of a British citizen as I think she will have to wait for another 5 years before getting her ILR. Can she apply for another extension under the previous dependent of ILR?

Please advice from anyone with knowledge on which category she falls under will be appreciated. Thanks

Kind Regards
Olu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusion of next category for dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Your post is unclear as you are not stating the exact visa category she holds.
my wife was only given an additional 3 years extension as my dependent under my ILR as she had not spent the mandatory 2 years under the initial category (Tier 1 general dependent) to qualify for her ILR.
What form did she use to apply for this visa? 'Dependent under my ILR' suggests she apply for a spouse visa on FLR(M).
In 2017, I applied and obtained my British citizenship while my wife still holds her dependent of ILR visa. The problem I now have is her visa will be expiring in December 2018, and as her total number of years isn't 5 years yet (she will be months short) she cannot get her ILR yet, or can she?
Again, you need to state exactly what form was used for this 'dependent of ILR' visa application and exactly what her visa BRP card says.
I don't want to apply for her under the dependent of a British citizen as I think she will have to wait for another 5 years before getting her ILR. Can she apply for another extension under the previous dependent of ILR?
Again, see my responses above.
Please advice from anyone with knowledge on which category she falls under will be appreciated.
What exactly does her BRP card say??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Post by psitondudu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi CR001,

Apologies for my vague description, as you can tell I'm new to this forum. As requested I've doubled checked her status on her BRP card, and she has is "PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN" which is the 3 years extension I was referring to.

She was NEVER approved under "Dependent under my ILR' suggests she apply for a spouse visa on FLR(M)".

Hope this helps in shedding more light on my case? I hope I've given all required information you need to advise on this case. Thanks

Kind Regards
Olu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

She applies for an extension as a Tie 1 dependent until she qualifies for ILR. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Post by psitondudu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick response. Just to be clear her application for extension will be under my PBS Tier 1 General as of the time I obtained it, right?

How would the PBS work, as I'm no longer under that scheme?

Is it just a case of filing for extension as a Tier 1 dependent and my record that showed I met the PBS at the time which the Home Office will still have a record will suffice?

If this is the case, please could you be kind enough to share the link to the right form. I'm really grateful for your help this far. Thanks

K.R
Olu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

She applies alone as a PBS dependent Partner. The rules permit this provided you applied for ILR under the PBS route and not long residence route.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

You will also have to pay the £600 Immigration Health Surcharge PLUS the visa fee and have maintenance fund for 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Post by psitondudu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you very much

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Post by psitondudu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Does the maintenance fee have to be in my account or her account?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Either account.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Post by psitondudu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi CR001,

Please can you confirm what the current maintenance fee for a Tier 1 general dependent (PBS Depedent Partner) is? I know it has to be in the account for 90days. Thanks

K.R
Olu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:19 pm

£630, as the links I have provided clearly state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General (Dependant extension)

Post by psitondudu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi,

I'm due to apply for a Tier 1 General dependant extension for my wife. Although, I obtain my ILR through the PBS, I'm aware my dependant can still get extension on her Tier 1 General extension.

Please can someone confirm if there is a link to download the application form, or this is done online (digital) using this link. https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

Thanks
Olu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General (Dependant extension)

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

psitondudu wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 pm
Hi,

I'm due to apply for a Tier 1 General dependant extension for my wife. Although, I obtain my ILR through the PBS, I'm aware my dependant can still get extension on her Tier 1 General extension.

Please can someone confirm if there is a link to download the application form, or this is done online (digital) using this link. https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

Thanks
Olu
It is online only now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

psitondudu
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General (Dependant extension)

Post by psitondudu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks