ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth Certificate lost. Need to show relationship proof..urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny99
Newly Registered

Birth Certificate lost. Need to show relationship proof..urgent

Post by vinny99 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi, I am applying for student visa from India and i will be paying full tuition fee in advance. For maintenance funds i need to show my father's bank statements and to prove relationship with my father, I am also required to provide the original birth certificate along with my visa application.

Since I have lost my birth certificate and currently do not possess any copy of the document, is there any other document I can provide with my application as a proof of relationship with my father?

Thanks

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Birth Certificate lost. Need to show relationship proof..urgent

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Hi, I am applying for student visa from India and i will be paying full tuition fee in advance. For maintenance funds i need to show my father's bank statements and to prove relationship with my father, I am also required to provide the original birth certificate along with my visa application.

Since I have lost my birth certificate and currently do not possess any copy of the document, is there any other document I can provide with my application as a proof of relationship with my father?

Thanks
You dont need Birthday Certificate to prove it, you just need FRC that would be enough to prove that you are your Dad's son, Dont forget to submit undertaking, your Dads passport or ID card copy and stuff so they can see all proof, FRC is easy to get, just get it and submit and all good :)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 am

vinny99 wrote:
No, I advise you get a reprint. Alternatively, your father can also transfer the money to you upfront, and then you can show it held in your own name.

I don't know what a FRC is, and Google does not help, but if your country issues birth certificates you must include it.

See discussion of this issue in this blog by UKCISA:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/blog/6271/TMI ... er-4-money
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 pm
vinny99 wrote:

Thanks
You dont need Birthday Certificate to prove it, you just need FRC that would be enough to prove that you are your Dad's son, Dont forget to submit undertaking, your Dads passport or ID card copy and stuff so they can see all proof, FRC is easy to get, just get it and submit and all good :)
Thanks sah and princeyumair but could you kindly elaborate what an FRC is? I don't have much time left to file my visa and hence can not hold funds in my name for 28 days period or more. Any help is appreciated.

vinny99
Newly Registered

Post by vinny99 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 am
vinny99 wrote:
No, I advise you get a reprint. Alternatively, your father can also transfer the money to you upfront, and then you can show it held in your own name.

I don't know what a FRC is, and Google does not help, but if your country issues birth certificates you must include it.

Thanks for replying Sah. In the policy guidance for Tier-4 PBS application i found that its mentioned "You can also accept a government-issued household register as evidence of the relationship between the applicant and their parent or parents". I do possess original Ration Card which contains the names of all the family members. Do you suggest I could use it?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
In the policy guidance for Tier-4 PBS application i found that its mentioned "You can also accept a government-issued household register as evidence of the relationship between the applicant and their parent or parents". I do possess original Ration Card which contains the names of all the family members. Do you suggest I could use it?
That's where a country does not issue birth certificates, so the nearest equivalent is acceptable.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:10 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 pm
vinny99 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks sah and princeyumair but could you kindly elaborate what an FRC is? I don't have much time left to file my visa and hence can not hold funds in my name for 28 days period or more. Any help is appreciated.
bro FRC stands for Family Registration Certificate, which does show how many family members in family and what relation between in those guys so that will clearly show that you are your dad's son.

Sushant69
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sushant69 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 am
vinny99 wrote:

Thanks for replying Sah. In the policy guidance for Tier-4 PBS application i found that its mentioned "You can also accept a government-issued household register as evidence of the relationship between the applicant and their parent or parents". I do possess original Ration Card which contains the names of all the family members. Do you suggest I could use it?
The best bet would be to transfer the 28 days funds in your account and apply for priority service. If you are from a country which issues Birth certificate then you have no other alternative. If you are from India, better to get the same issues duplicat. Most of the corporations it is available in line. But please do not apply without Birth certificate.

iSYNDICATE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iSYNDICATE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:52 pm

If you remember the hospital you were born in then go to that hospital and ask them for the birth certificate to be printed as they have kept records

HWaheed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HWaheed » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Hey, can you tell me with what solution did you go as I am in similar situation to you did you use FRC and your visa got accepted or you used birth certificate.?

It's urgent thanks

HWaheed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HWaheed » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:38 pm

vinny99 wrote:

Thanks