ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalisation/Citizenship application delay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khurshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Irish Naturalisation/Citizenship application delay

Post by khurshah » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 am

Hey folks,

Applied for citizenship ( resident from 5 years on EU fam stamp holding) in Dec 2015. To date I was sent letter of acknowledgment and a letter with asking of my new permission to remain in Ireland evidence which I have submitted such as parent of irish citizen children. But as of yet they are still advising my application is under process. I dont know really know of why such a big delay. I am thinking for hiring a solicitor but never thought I would need one because it was a simple application initially. Can anyone advise what shall I do?

Thanks folks and all the best :)

otono
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Naturalisation/Citizenship application delay

Post by otono » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:26 pm

When did you apply? Unfortunately, no application for Irish citizenship is simple unless you're lucky. Just do your part and wait; there's nothing else you can do.
It's frustrating because that's how they want it to be. they give you no clue about what is actually going on with your application and if you'll be through to the next ceremony. If you have submitted want they asked, just remove your mind from it and focus on other things- that's the best way to cope.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Naturalisation/Citizenship application delay

Post by 2pac4ever » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:42 pm

khurshah
could you please tell us the wording of the letter requesting your new GNIB card? I mean do they mention something with the invitation to a ceremony as a reason why they need the new card? Other than that, there isn't much you can do than to wait. Hiring a solicitor or getting in touch with your local TD won't help as none of them has any inside information about your application. EUFAM applications seems to take longer than other for some reasons and if you read through this forum you will have an idea.