ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish stamp 1 and UK tier 2 General

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Resp
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish stamp 1 and UK tier 2 General

Post by Resp » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working in Ireland under tier 1 critical skills visa since last 13 months, my IRP/GNIB is valid until August 2019.

I got offer from UK which will sponsor tier 2 General.
My queries
1. Am i allow to travel between UK and Ireland as I will be having valid visas for both?
2. Incase I want to come back to Ireland after 4-5 months on separate work permit then do I need to spend another 21 months for stamp 4 eligibility? Or only 8-9 months as I already spent 13 months.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish stamp 1 and UK tier 2 General

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Resp wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Hi All,

I am currently working in Ireland under tier 1 critical skills visa since last 13 months, my IRP/GNIB is valid until August 2019.

I got offer from UK which will sponsor tier 2 General.
My queries
1. Am i allow to travel between UK and Ireland as I will be having valid visas for both?
2. Incase I want to come back to Ireland after 4-5 months on separate work permit then do I need to spend another 21 months for stamp 4 eligibility? Or only 8-9 months as I already spent 13 months.

Thanks
I’m not sure if you are aware of the difference between visa and work permit. Your critical skills work permit and IRP/GNIB gives you the right to legally work and reside in Ireland. It does not give you any right to travel to Ireland. Same that your UK work permit does not give you right to travel to UK.

If you are a visa-required national (eg India) for Ireland, then you need to apply for a re-entry visa to leave and come back to Ireland. If you are a visa-exempt national (eg USA) then you don’t need that.

Also both work permits are for ordinary residents. That is, you spend at least 183 days in a year in that country. The immigration officer at an Irish port may question you why you have received a UK residence stamp on your passport, and may check with your employer in Ireland to see if you still work for them. Even if you have a valid re-entry visa, you obtained it on the basis that you are working and residing in Ireland, so if they find out that you are actually working abroad they might forfeit your visa. The immigration queue for the non-EU line is notoriously slow for the last few months.

Granting a Stamp 4 based on 2-year Critical Skills work permit is based on the fact that you actually work in Ireland. You need to request for a supporting letter from DBEI in order to apply for Stamp 4. In order to receive the supporting letter, you need to give evidence that you are working the same job title in the same company. If you go to work in the UK, then I doubt if your company will still pay you for the same salary and will still be willing to provide you with an employment letter that says you have been working with them all the time.

Resp
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Resp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:24 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback

Kal79
Newly Registered

Post by Kal79 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

if you get stamp 4 in ireland,then can you work on tier 2 in uk. Can you keep both once you have been granted stamp 4??