ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssb27

Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Post by ssb27 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with my queries.

My T1E extension application has been pending with Home Office for the last 9 months. I already have an existing consulting business which i used for my Tier 1 (50k route) extension and I am planning on starting a new franchise company in the next week, I will still keep my existing business as well.
1) Are there any visa restrictions in opening a franchise company under my existing T1E visa and/or do I have to inform Home Office?
2) I am looking to start the process with the franchisor in the next 2 weeks or less, I am sceptical as I might need my passport as part of the paper work process. Can I send my new business plan, agreement and a cover letter to Home Office stating my intention to start a new business opportunity? Will this help expatiate my application?

marcnath

Re: Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 pm

ssb27 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with my queries.

My T1E extension application has been pending with Home Office for the last 9 months. I already have an existing consulting business which i used for my Tier 1 (50k route) extension and I am planning on starting a new franchise company in the next week, I will still keep my existing business as well.
1) Are there any visa restrictions in opening a franchise company under my existing T1E visa and/or do I have to inform Home Office?
2) I am looking to start the process with the franchisor in the next 2 weeks or less, I am sceptical as I might need my passport as part of the paper work process. Can I send my new business plan, agreement and a cover letter to Home Office stating my intention to start a new business opportunity? Will this help expatiate my application?
1) No to both questions
2) You can send it and it may help, but there are no guarantees
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks Marcnath.
I appreciate your help

ssb27

Application against Immigration rules

Post by ssb27 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:57 am

Timeline:
Applied: 14th Dec
IHS Refund: 30 June

I have called almost every month since May. MPs contacted twice, first time in May and second time in September.

Below is content of the letter received by MP on the second occasion:

''We are unable to expedite this application or provide a definite timeframe for a decision being made as mandatory checks need to be concluded.

xx's application has raised exceptionally compliex issues and we require further time to consider the case thoroughly and reach a decision.

In order to make a robust decision, the application is considered against the Immigration Rules, not only in terms of meeting set criteria, but also on the balance of probability to assess credibility. Upon completion of these processes we will endeavour to finalise consideration of the application and dispatch the decision notice promptly, subject to any further unforeseen issues.

Please note that as the application was in time the previous conditions of stay remain in place including the right to work''

HO mentioned my application is against the immigration rule. Has anyone received similar explanation? Is this a bad sign and is my application heading for a refusal?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:39 pm

It seems you have a poor command of English.
'the application is considered against the Immigration Rules' means it will be decided/evaluated according on the immigration rules :roll:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:20 pm

I guess i interpreted it differently.

ssb27

Death of family member while application in progress

Post by ssb27 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm

I applied for my tier 1 extension December 2017, got a complex letter a few weeks after and IHS refund un July. Since then i haven't heard anything from HO after a few chases from myself and 2 MPs except the usual they need more time.

Sadly, my mum passed away this morning and I will really love to go home for her funeral. Does anyone know if home office take situations like this into consideration and make a decision quick? Are there people in situations like this (or you know) that have got a decision made after losing a loved one at home? What do i have to do or provide?

Your help will be kindly appreciated. I don't want to withdraw my application.

marcnath

Re: Death of family member while application in progress

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm

ssb27 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm
I applied for my tier 1 extension December 2017, got a complex letter a few weeks after and IHS refund un July. Since then i haven't heard anything from HO after a few chases from myself and 2 MPs except the usual they need more time.

Sadly, my mum passed away this morning and I will really love to go home for her funeral. Does anyone know if home office take situations like this into consideration and make a decision quick? Are there people in situations like this (or you know) that have got a decision made after losing a loved one at home? What do i have to do or provide?

Your help will be kindly appreciated. I don't want to withdraw my application.
Sorry to hear about this. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Yes, you can request expediting the application. Write into them explaining the circumstances. If you do have a copy of the death certificate or a letter from your Mom's doctor, include that.

Your worst case is the withdraw the application and apply for an extension from the home country. There was at least one case reported here where it was done successfully.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ssb27

Visa Granted

Post by ssb27 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick update, and FYI for those interested in knowing the outcome.

My lawyer sent home office a copy of my mum's death certificate and a request to expedite my application almost 2 weeks ago. I also got my local MP involved around the same period. I got an approval letter today and my passport, BRP is on its way.

Thanks a lot Marcnath for taking the time to respond to my post, I appreciate it.

marcnath

Re: Visa Granted

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 pm

ssb27 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm
Hi all,

Just a quick update, and FYI for those interested in knowing the outcome.

My lawyer sent home office a copy of my mum's death certificate and a request to expedite my application almost 2 weeks ago. I also got my local MP involved around the same period. I got an approval letter today and my passport, BRP is on its way.

Thanks a lot Marcnath for taking the time to respond to my post, I appreciate it.
Glad to hear HO does show some compassion - it is a small consolation in this case.

But thanks for updating in the midst of your personal anguish. Wish you are your family to continued strength to cope.