ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen VISA eligibilty

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andiwa
Newly Registered
Mood:

Schengen VISA eligibilty

Post by andiwa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi,

This is the first time I'm posting here so excuse me if it is not the correct place to ask this question and let me know where should I post this.

I am a British passport holder. I recently got engaged to my fiancè, an Indian passport holder. He's been living in the UK on a marriage settlement VISA since last month. His visa is valid until February 2019. We are scheduled to get married in November 2019 in the UK.

My parents live in Maastricht, Netherland and we would like to visit them around November-December. I wanted to ask -

* Is he eligible to apply for Schengen VISA now?
* If not, when would he be able to apply for Schengen VISA? Once we get married and get the marriage certificate or when he gets his BRP?

Thanks.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen VISA eligibilty

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 am

With a valid UK residence permit (>3 months) you can apply from the UK for a Schengen visa.
andiwa wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm
Hi,

This is the first time I'm posting here so excuse me if it is not the correct place to ask this question and let me know where should I post this.

I am a British passport holder. I recently got engaged to my fiancè, an Indian passport holder. He's been living in the UK on a marriage settlement VISA since last month. His visa is valid until February 2019. We are scheduled to get married in November 2019 in the UK.

My parents live in Maastricht, Netherland and we would like to visit them around November-December. I wanted to ask -

* Is he eligible to apply for Schengen VISA now?
* If not, when would he be able to apply for Schengen VISA? Once we get married and get the marriage certificate or when he gets his BRP?

Thanks.