ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by idolkiller92 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:19 am

K1jodeiri wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am
idolkiller92 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 am
Hello guys,

I applied online on the 28th of August 2018 and got an appointment at the visa application centre (Yaounde, Cameroon) on the 31st of August 2018. Submitted my supporting documents. Another thing is that after I submitted those, I was asked if there was anything else I wanted to submit. I said my former passport as I've studied in the UK before and I have some other visas in there, but I was I told that I couldn't submit that anymore and that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyways, after that, my biometrics were taken and I had a skype interview of about 5 minutes. I believe it went well.

Two days later (2nd of September 2018) I received an email from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre saying that my application and documents were received and that I will get another email once my request has been assessed and dispatched. I haven't received any more email. My experience with this is that the said email is usually sent a couple of weeks after the appointment at the visa application centre and it takes three to five days for the passport to come back here in Cameroon. However, yesterday I checked and nothing. I also checked my CAS status and it's not "used" yet, just "assigned". I'm worried because my PhD starts on the 24th of September and as International student there's a welcome event that is compulsory for me and that will take place on the 26th of September. These two elements don't even worry me that much as I still can get to my uni up to the 8th of October. The most worrying element is that my flight is on the 22nd of September and I'm really not sure that I will get my visa by next friday. Does anyone have the same concern as me? Can anyone offer an advice or something?
I just called the UKVI. They said that my file is still under process and should be handle by Friday. I should call them on Monday to ask if it has been handled. Might definitely miss my flight

They say 21 days to have our documents and passport back. Not 21 days to get it sorted.

I don't even know why they had that crazy idea of moving most of UKVI decision making centre to Sheffield. There used to be decision making centre in Accra (Ghana) but they changed that. Now they are struggling with deadlines.
Oh... and I was charged more than 10 pounds
I am in same condition. I applied on th 24th Aug. And I receive an email from Sheffield on the 26th. Last Friday I mailed them to learn about my application status. And they replied that your decision has been made. But still I didn't get any email from Visa application centre.
Do you think it may take more time for PhD students?
I think you should just visit the visa application centre to and see if they've received your documents and passport. There's no point in waiting for them to email you. Just go there.

abdalazizismail1
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by abdalazizismail1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 pm

its a long story, but i have to tell it to everyone, i misplaced my passport on July so i had to report my embassy about it and after 10 days i found it again, so i informed my embassy and they told that i can keep it instead of issuing a new one, afterward i submitted my application on the 13th of august as priority visa, on the 29th i got an email from UKVI, if my passport got lost/stolen, so explained what happened. On the 4th of September, i received a refusal because my passport "issue" is not solved yet. i contacted my embassy again, since it very short time and the fact i cant replace it because of the ATAS approval, so i insisted to check what is the problem, they ended up sending to Jordan's Interpol service a letter again requesting of removal of the block on the passport, the embassy couldn't give me a feed back if its done or not so i had to travel to Jordan and go to the Interpol office and i found out that they didnt, Or" its a slow motion process and it takes time " so afterward and with begging they told me they will do it. i traveled back to kuwait and applied again on the 16th of September as Super priority Visa. still i am waiting,,,, i asked the embassy to provide an evidence of what exactly happened, they did and i attached that certificate of validity of my passport, the shity thing that my wife is already there, she is studying her masters too. and i am still waiting here .

Any advice ?

zaf92
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by zaf92 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:03 pm

I made a mistake while submitting tier 4 application.The question was asked "Are you now or have you ever been known by another name?”. Which by mistake I answered No.In my old passport my name was written different whereas i put all my details in old passport section.i was so young when my first passport was made.at that time my name was different.When i complete my matriculation.i changed my name.So,currently in all my documents my name is same now including current passport.and also i write course end date 2018 instead of 2019.Is it ok to add affidavit while submitting documents?Need help.What should i do now?

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 pm

idolkiller92 wrote:
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

I applied online on the 28th of August 2018 and got an appointment at the visa application centre (Yaounde, Cameroon) on the 31st of August 2018. Submitted my supporting documents. Another thing is that after I submitted those, I was asked if there was anything else I wanted to submit. I said my former passport as I've studied in the UK before and I have some other visas in there, but I was I told that I couldn't submit that anymore and that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyways, after that, my biometrics were taken and I had a skype interview of about 5 minutes. I believe it went well.

Two days later (2nd of September 2018) I received an email from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre saying that my application and documents were received and that I will get another email once my request has been assessed and dispatched. I haven't received any more email. My experience with this is that the said email is usually sent a couple of weeks after the appointment at the visa application centre and it takes three to five days for the passport to come back here in Cameroon. However, yesterday I checked and nothing. I also checked my CAS status and it's not "used" yet, just "assigned". I'm worried because my PhD starts on the 24th of September and as International student there's a welcome event that is compulsory for me and that will take place on the 26th of September. These two elements don't even worry me that much as I still can get to my uni up to the 8th of October. The most worrying element is that my flight is on the 22nd of September and I'm really not sure that I will get my visa by next friday. Does anyone have the same concern as me? Can anyone offer an advice or something?
I just called the UKVI. They said that my file is still under process and should be handle by Friday. I should call them on Monday to ask if it has been handled. Might definitely miss my flight

They say 21 days to have our documents and passport back. Not 21 days to get it sorted.

I don't even know why they had that crazy idea of moving most of UKVI decision making centre to Sheffield. There used to be decision making centre in Accra (Ghana) but they changed that. Now they are struggling with deadlines.
So... I received an email from the UKVI stating that a decision has been on my application and that it is being sent back to me. Hopefully, it will arrive on Friday and if it is successful I won't have to cancel my saturday flight. Let's hope for the best.

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 pm

idolkiller92 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 pm

So... I received an email from the UKVI stating that a decision has been on my application and that it is being sent back to me. Hopefully, it will arrive on Friday and if it is successful I won't have to cancel my saturday flight. Let's hope for the best.
Great! I hope we will hear the good news from you soon.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:04 pm

idolkiller92 wrote:
idolkiller92 wrote:
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

Good luck!
Which uni/city are you going to?

Omeyaa
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Omeyaa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 am

Anyone who still haven't received their visas? :oops:

idolkiller92
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by idolkiller92 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am

wikki wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:04 pm
idolkiller92 wrote:
idolkiller92 wrote:
idolkiller92 wrote:
Hello guys,

Good luck!
Which uni/city are you going to?
London Metropolitan University

Waqar435
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Waqar435 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am

[quote=Omeyaa post_id=1682944 time=1537349676 user_id=202906]
[Yes, i am here and waiting for my visa]

Omeyaa
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Omeyaa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am

Waqar435 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am
Omeyaa wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 am
When did you apply?

Waqar435
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Waqar435 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Omeyaa wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am
Waqar435 wrote:
Omeyaa wrote:
When did you apply?
[Bio Metrics and Interview on 20 Aug 2018
Received email from Sheffo on 22 Aug 2018 and after that no email no call or msg from UKVI]

Omeyaa
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Omeyaa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Waqar435 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:01 pm
Omeyaa wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am
Waqar435 wrote:
Omeyaa wrote:
When did you apply?
[Bio Metrics and Interview on 20 Aug 2018
Received email from Sheffo on 22 Aug 2018 and after that no email no call or msg from UKVI]
I suggest you call them and ask abt ur application.

Pn1996
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Pn1996 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Waqar435 wrote:
Omeyaa wrote:
Same. Been 7 weeks now still no update

Sharjeeel
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sharjeeel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:14 pm

I received a 2nd interview call yesterday they didn't inform me early that they will call and when I picked up the call there was distortion of sound I didn't get even a single word and after that they didn't call me again is there any one who experience the same thing?

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Sharjeeel wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:14 pm
I received a 2nd interview call yesterday they didn't inform me early that they will call and when I picked up the call there was distortion of sound I didn't get even a single word and after that they didn't call me again is there any one who experience the same thing?
You will likely to receive another call from them, other people have reported similar experience before. You should not be worried. When did you apply BTW?

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Waqar435 wrote:
Yes, i am here and waiting for my visa
Waqar, did you provide any additional documents to UKVI, such as employment evidence, property deeds etc.?

Sharjeeel
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sharjeeel » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am

fsdpk wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm
Sharjeeel wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:14 pm
You will likely to receive another call from them, other people have reported similar experience before. You should not be worried. When did you apply BTW?

Online application: 03 sep
Biometrics + Interview: 06 sep
VFS SMS stating my application has been transferred to UKVI: 09 sep

After that I received 2nd interview call on 18th of September there was distortion in the voice they call me 4 times with different numbers and the network was of zong I did heard anything today they call me again and I didn't heard any thing call duration was of 1 min and 11 sec I heard nothing I don't know what is going on

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 am

Sharjeeel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am

After that I received 2nd interview call on 18th of September there was distortion in the voice they call me 4 times with different numbers and the network was of zong I did heard anything today they call me again and I didn't heard any thing call duration was of 1 min and 11 sec I heard nothing I don't know what is going on
What you need to do in your second interview is to be consistent, as they usually ask the same the questions as they did in the first one. However, instead of giving generic and typical answers be more specific about your situation and circumstances. UKVI mostly conduct second interviews in cases where the applicant had not performed well in their first interviews or when they need further information in order to reach a decision. So, this is a routine matter. A number of other applicants have reported the same issues (i.e. distortion and noise), but eventually they were able to proceed with the interview successfully.

I would recommend check your email regularly, especially junk folder, to see if there is any correspondence from UKVI.

I wish you good luck, and hope that your next interview goes well. Please keep us posted.

Sharjeeel
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sharjeeel » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:02 am

fsdpk wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 am
Sharjeeel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am

What you need to do in your second interview is to be consistent, as they usually ask the same the questions as they did in the first one. However, instead of giving generic and typical answers be more specific about your situation and circumstances. UKVI mostly conduct second interviews in cases where the applicant had not performed well in their first interviews or when they need further information in order to reach a decision. So, this is a routine matter. A number of other applicants have reported the same issues (i.e. distortion and noise), but eventually they were able to proceed with the interview successfully.

I would recommend check your email regularly, especially junk folder, to see if there is any correspondence from UKVI.

I wish you good luck, and hope that your next interview goes well. Please keep us posted.
Thanks a lot sir also I have a confusion can you tell me that if a student recieves a 2nd interview call they call from any private number because I received the call and the numbers were of zong network

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:28 am

Sharjeeel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks a lot sir also I have a confusion can you tell me that if a student recieves a 2nd interview call they call from any private number because I received the call and the numbers were of zong network
I have no idea about whether they call using a private number or not. However, my own observation is that they either use VoIP (i.e. internet to phone call system) or they have their representatives in Pakistan who make calls to applicants.

But, as many users complain about the quality of the received calls, I strongly believe that they are using some kind of Voice over IP system, because such issues are frequently associated with VoIP systems not with standard regular cellular or landline telephones.

As some applicants have shared that the connection quality was much better on landline numbers, try providing UKVI your landline number if you have one.

rsmunir1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rsmunir1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi people

My timeline is as follows:

VFS Islamabad Pakistan

Online Application submission : 15th August 2018
Bio metrics and Interview : 17th August 2018
Sheffo's 1st Email : 21st August 2018

No email or response after that.

Called UKVI : 13th September 2018
They said my application is still under consideration.

2nd Interview Call : 18th September 2018

no further correspondence since that. My university's orientation has already started. I dont know when to expect a decision and what will be the decision.

what is the expected time after second interview for passport collection ?
Thank you

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm

rsmunir1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:04 pm
Hi people

My timeline is as follows:

VFS Islamabad Pakistan

Online Application submission : 15th August 2018
Bio metrics and Interview : 17th August 2018
Sheffo's 1st Email : 21st August 2018

No email or response after that.

Called UKVI : 13th September 2018
They said my application is still under consideration.

2nd Interview Call : 18th September 2018

no further correspondence since that. My university's orientation has already started. I dont know when to expect a decision and what will be the decision.

what is the expected time after second interview for passport collection ?
Thank you
I hope you will get your passport soon. Please share what questions did they ask in your second interview? Were they the same as in the first? Did they call on your mobile phone or landline number? They arranged a time for the second interview or it was an ad hoc call from them? Also it would be highly appreciated, if you could describe the overall experience of your call, as many students report about the poor quality (i.e. noise and distortion) of calls from UKVI?

We hope to hear a good news from you soon! Best of luck

rsmunir1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rsmunir1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 pm

They emailed me first that my interview will take place on 18th at 12 noon.

Questions in second interview

- Why UK
- Why this Course
- Why this university
- How will this course help you in your future plans
- Who is funding your studies

The interview lasted for 8 minutes. They called me on my mobile phone from a local Zong number. There was lots of distortion. But somehow I managed to hear her out.

At the end She asked me were there any issues with the call quality, I told her that it was of poor quality and I tried my best to understand you.

fsdpk
Pakistan

Post by fsdpk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 am

rsmunir1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 pm
They emailed me first that my interview will take place on 18th at 12 noon.

Questions in second interview

- Why UK
- Why this Course
- Why this university
- How will this course help you in your future plans
- Who is funding your studies

The interview lasted for 8 minutes. They called me on my mobile phone from a local Zong number. There was lots of distortion. But somehow I managed to hear her out.

At the end She asked me were there any issues with the call quality, I told her that it was of poor quality and I tried my best to understand you.
Thank you for sharing your interview details, kindly let us know when you receive the decision on your application. Good luck!

Sharjeeel
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sharjeeel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 am

What do you think from where did you received the 2nd interview call from BHC Islamabad r from Sheffield i also received the calls but didn't heard anything and i remember that she spoke in Urdu too can you tell me that from where they call for 2nd interview. My consultant told me that an English person only conducts 2nd interviews from Sheffield that call was from FedEx to collect your passport and was not for interview