ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

warks87

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Post by warks87 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 am

eastwood wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:44 pm
warks87 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 am
Dear Respected gurus
I recently applied for ILR under long residency
I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which is valid till Feb 2019
I went to Cardiff PSC on 15 Aug 2018 and documents being held for further checks
what could be the possible reasons and processing time?
also what should I expect from HO following this? any compliance visit, interview, documents check etc.?
Sorry to hear that. Did they say why your case is deferred since you are applying under LR route?
No, I wasn't given any reason

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 am

What a day to remember - 9/11

Got the package from UKVI special delivery. Was very nervous to open. Gained courage and opened. Checked for my passports etc all intact and then the letter. The letter stating that my ILR is approved :) and that the card will be sent within 10 days.

Can't thank enough the moderators and members for sharing your knowledge and suggestions. Thank you all once again.

I wish all a good luck and pray that all pending applications get approved sooner or later. Just be patient and keep an eye out for information on this amazing website.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm

wow Finally! :) Congrats mate.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you. Did you apply?

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Does my employer have to notify something in SMS that I got the ILR? or not take any action and just ignore my status?

Syk2018

Post by Syk2018 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi Ashish,

Sorry been away for a while, They just sent me approval letter fist as normal post through royal mail.
After 5 days I received my biometric as recorded delivery through DX Courier and then after a month again writing letter to them on asking about my document they send it through royal mail as normal post.
Usually when you receive approval letter there will be contact details of the case worker to whom you need to write if you don't receive your biometric or document. I did write to him for my documents and I got it in two days after writing it to them.

You should get it if all things from your side is all correct. Seems they are wasting time to find any fault in your application. I think all the Tier 1 applications are on hold atleast most of them thats whats I got to know through one of my friend.

Patience is what i can suggest but the psychological and emotional torment you are going through is not what you expect as genuine immigrant to this country. Write letter to them explaining these issues you are going through and its affecting your health badly. I did same when I wrote them the letter.

Cheers,

Ashish78 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm
Syk2018 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi Ashish,

Trust me writing letter to them helps sometimes. Brief detail about your immigration history and tell them that there is pressing need for you to travel thats why you applied for same day service. Am sure you must have planned to travel after ILR. Since all the tax and required document is all provided with proper supporting document kindly approve my application for ILR. Something around this to explain them your situation.

Send the letter to croydon, Sheffield and Liverpool.
Trust me it may help in getting your application process faster. If all the documentation is correct and straight forward still send them the letter. Write to them explian your situation and complexity with the ILR decision getting delayed.

Good Luck.
Hi,

Can you tell me something, when you got approval from home office how do they communicate with you?

They send you letter in post?
Normal post or recorded delivery?
What you receive first? All documents with their letter? or something else?

Thanks,

Ashish

warks87

Post by warks87 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:38 pm

eastwood wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:44 pm
warks87 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 am
Dear Respected gurus
I recently applied for ILR under long residency
I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which is valid till Feb 2019
I went to Cardiff PSC on 15 Aug 2018 and documents being held for further checks
what could be the possible reasons and processing time?
also what should I expect from HO following this? any compliance visit, interview, documents check etc.?
Sorry to hear that. Did they say why your case is deferred since you are applying under LR route?
Dear all
Just to you update, I have received my approval approximately 4 weeks after being deferred in Aug 2018.

I pray it becomes easy for other members in this forum too who are waiting to hear from HO.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Congratulation :)

jozou
Newly Registered

Post by jozou » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:05 pm

deniz1983 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi All,

I have been granted my ILR.

Applied : 22nd of Aug for LR in Croydon Premium Service - required further checks
Call: 9th Oct that I am granted ILR
BRP Card received 11th Oct

Good luck everyone, hope all goes ok
I just want to say thanks for sharing the info. I am in the exact boat - My absence days is 538 and the case worker decided to carry on further checks. He and his manager both said 2 weeks but I think it is just to get my persistent xxx out of the door. My fingers crossed though for a speedy approval.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:27 pm

After long hours of waiting the caseworker didn't ask any question or any extra doc but handed a letter saying Application is valid but require further information!

I am guessing HO did their routine visit at our office around 3/4 weeks back we haven't got any reply for them but they seem pleased as we provided them almost all the docs they asked! That might be a reason for holding the application may be..like waiting for the feedback! don't know.but really heartbroken and sad 😞

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 am

@GMO

Did you have a visit after the interview? or before?

If they are pleased with the visit then you are looking at approx 4 months for the approval from the date of appointment.

[1 month to get the compliance response from the date of visit, 2 - 2.5 months from the date of compliance response]

Give us a timeline of events in your case and what category etc.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply mate.
We had compliance visit just 4 weeks back before my PSC appointment and it was a regular visit but they checked all the files and interviewed me and others ..we provided them all the docs and they seem pleased but we haven't heard anything from them yet!

That might be the reason to hold the application on the PSC appointment as they didn't ask me any single question there but after the biometric had to wait a long as the centre was busy as well ! They just handed usual further check letter. Lets hope for the best.

nick1015
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nick1015 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi all,
I applied for SET(O) ILR under tier 2 general 5 year route on 26th September 2018 . I opted for same day premium service at Croydon.
After a long wait I got a call from the case worker asking why haven't I applied for extension for my spouse to which I said that I'll be applying later as her PBS dependent visa is still valid for another year and the case worker said that it's ok and she will add these notes to my file. And then the case worker called again in 10 mins and asked me to come to counter number 42 and gave me a paper requesting for my 5 years original P60 and April, May & June 2018 Salary slips. (July to septemer already submitted with the application)

I had all my original P60's and salary slip's but I didn't have my original P11D as I get travel allowance which is declared in my P11D so I had to call HMRC and request for the same which took 5 days to come and on the 6th day i.e. 3rd October I sent all original documents to the case worker in Croydon via Special delivery.

My application was quite simple as I have been employed by the same employer for these 5 years and my salary has always been well above the SOC code. However during my renewal of tier 2 visa I did get a salary hike of almost 40%. Apart from that everything was ok.

Has anyone had similar experience ?
Should I ask my employer to be prepared for a compliance visit ?

If yes then please share how long did it take to get a response from UKVI & after how long should I contact them to get an update on the application?

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:24 pm

I suggest you read the past few posts on this thread to give you an idea of the timescales and events taken place post application.

Every case is processed based on individual's circumstances and it is hard to tell if the same will happen with you.

However most of them have prepared themselves for a visit and had things ready to show the compliance officer in case of a visit.

Keep us posted with your situation and good luck.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 pm

nick1015 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 pm
Hi all,
I applied for SET(O) ILR under tier 2 general 5 year route on 26th September 2018 . I opted for same day premium service at Croydon.
After a long wait I got a call from the case worker asking why haven't I applied for extension for my spouse to which I said that I'll be applying later as her PBS dependent visa is still valid for another year and the case worker said that it's ok and she will add these notes to my file. And then the case worker called again in 10 mins and asked me to come to counter number 42 and gave me a paper requesting for my 5 years original P60 and April, May & June 2018 Salary slips. (July to septemer already submitted with the application)

I had all my original P60's and salary slip's but I didn't have my original P11D as I get travel allowance which is declared in my P11D so I had to call HMRC and request for the same which took 5 days to come and on the 6th day i.e. 3rd October I sent all original documents to the case worker in Croydon via Special delivery.

My application was quite simple as I have been employed by the same employer for these 5 years and my salary has always been well above the SOC code. However during my renewal of tier 2 visa I did get a salary hike of almost 40%. Apart from that everything was ok.

If yes then please share how long did it take to get a response from UKVI & after how long should I contact them to get an update on the application?
Hi,
I am also in similar situation, except my decision delayed due to my Life in UK test result not updated in home office website for electronic cross reference (I submitted original hard copy which i got when i passed the test on 15/09/2018). Case worker told me to leave for the day and she will give the decision in 1 or 2 working days, and send all the original documents (passport etc.) through mail. It’s now 6 working days, still I haven't heard or got my documents back with decision.

Have u got any response from home office. I don't understand what to do in my case and to whom i have to contact. Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Bhargav

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

bhagsred wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 pm
nick1015 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,
I am also in similar situation, except my decision delayed due to my Life in UK test result not updated in home office website for electronic cross reference (I submitted original hard copy which i got when i passed the test on 15/09/2018). Case worker told me to leave for the day and she will give the decision in 1 or 2 working days, and send all the original documents (passport etc.) through mail. It’s now 6 working days, still I haven't heard or got my documents back with decision.

Have u got any response from home office. I don't understand what to do in my case and to whom i have to contact. Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Bhargav
Could you let us know which category were you in? - Tier 1, Tier 2, Long residence...? Also give us details of the appointment centre, date etc.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 pm

I am on tier 2 general 5 yrs (Shortage occupation) . My application date was 26/10/2018, at Liverpool PSC.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am
bhagsred wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 pm
nick1015 wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,

Thanks,
Bhargav
Could you let us know which category were you in? - Tier 1, Tier 2, Long residence...? Also give us details of the appointment centre, date etc.
I am on tier 2 general 5 yrs (Shortage occupation) . My application date was 26/10/2018, at Liverpool PSC.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

@bhagsred

If that is the only reason that they couldn't verify your LUK test then it should not take long as it is a matter of verifying test result. If delays are at the test centre then caseworker can't do much about it than to wait. However if they have any other concerns might take as long as 4-6 months.

Usually if there was a hike in salary just before ILR application can raise concerns. This is followed by a compliance visit to your company usually within a month. And post visit another 3 months approx to make a decision.

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am
@bhagsred

If that is the only reason that they couldn't verify your LUK test then it should not take long as it is a matter of verifying test result. If delays are at the test centre then caseworker can't do much about it than to wait. However if they have any other concerns might take as long as 4-6 months.

Usually if there was a hike in salary just before ILR application can raise concerns. This is followed by a compliance visit to your company usually within a month. And post visit another 3 months approx to make a decision.
At the time appointment she raised only that constraint. There is no sudden hike in salary before my ilr application. There is a hike in salary @2K, when I got extension 2 years back. The current salary I quoted excluding OT is 32 K (as per min. salary for shortage occupation job id 2129).

I sent a letter to Liverpool PSC 2 days back, but no response.

I haven’t applied ILR for my spouse and kids because my wife not yet finished her 5 years cohabitation period, I'll be applying my spouse and kids PBS dependent visa extension, which are due to expire on 15/12/2018. This depends on my current ILR visa decision. In worst case scenario, assuming I haven’t got my decision before the expiry of my spouse and dependents visa, under what category I have to extend their visa.

Thanks,
Bhargav

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm

@bhagsred

I haven't got much knowledge on dependent visas. Maybe the moderators could shed some light on this. However I still believe you shall receive the decision within a week or so.

Also did they give any kind of letter saying further enquiries required or something like that? or was it just word of mouth that it will be decided in 1 or 2 working days?

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:43 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm
@bhagsred

I haven't got much knowledge on dependent visas. Maybe the moderators could shed some light on this. However I still believe you shall receive the decision within a week or so.

Also did they give any kind of letter saying further enquiries required or something like that? or was it just word of mouth that it will be decided in 1 or 2 working days?
They gave a letter saying further check required, but case worker said its just for LIUK thing (word of mouth). Also mentioned, the file is going to be with her n she will give decision in 1 or 2 working days.

Thanks,
Bhargav

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Have you got the approval yet?

bhagsred
India

Post by bhagsred » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Have you got the approval yet?
Nope, still waiting. Nobstatus update aswell. Do we any options legally to complain and request for update?. Can we go to the appointment centre to enquire?

Thanks,
Bhargav

uniquechoice
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uniquechoice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 am

Ashish78 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:41 pm
Hi All,
Hi Ashish,
have you received any updates from HO as we were in the same boat ..I have not got any reply from HO and its been 9 months passed of my premium appointment at glasgow.
This group is absolutely quiet since sometime as i understand ILR route is closed from April 2018 for Tier - 1 General applicants. I assume there are people waiting for ILR same as me as i am waiting for my ILR since last 7 months. If anyone has got anything to share then please do as it creates support for all.

Thanks,
Ashish