ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVER 6 WEEK RULE ABSENCE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crisbella218
China

Re: OVER 6 WEEK RULE ABSENCE

Post by crisbella218 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:21 am

SGIreland wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:26 pm
thnx Crisbella. This is a useful information. when you were out of the country for 5 months, did you have a valid GNIB /or without it ?
As I'm based in Northern Ireland I do not require a GNIB. I think thats part of the reason they would not take any time before my marriage. Up here its a bit different.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I am due to send my wife's naturalization application in mid-July 2019 as it is three years of residency. We are applying based on married to an Irish citizen.

My questions is, up to July 2019 the holidays that we have taken/will take between July 2018 and July 2019 will be just over the 6-week rule. We will have been absent 46 days ( on separate occasions) so we will be over by four days.

Can someone advise when will be the correct time to apply? Do I need to just wait an extra week or so to apply or longer?

nic_on
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by nic_on » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Dear Friends,
I am hoping to submit my application for naturalisation within the next year (the exact timing depends on the answer to the question below).

Does anyone know if all absences are being deducted from the total number of reckonable residence days or only those that have a total of 6+ weeks?

To give a bit context about my situation: I have moved to Ireland in September 2013 and in the past 4 years I have travelled quite a lot due to work and holidays, yet always remained an Irish resident and have been continuously employed by Irish company. The total number of days absent from the State up to Feb 2019 is 322 days, but on some years I have a total lower than 6 weeks.

Thus being said, I figures my options and chances are:

- If I apply in March 2019 I will have enough additional days of residence to 'cover for' if the number of days above 6 weeks will be disregarded in any given year.
- If I apply in June 2019 I will have enough additional days of residence to 'cover for' if all absences of 6+ weeks will be disregarded in any given year (in their entirety).
- If I apply in September 2019 I will have enough additional days of residence to 'cover for' all entire absences, meaning I will have 1825/1826 days of physical residence in the State

On the one hand, I want to apply as soon as possible, on the other hand - I'd rather wait 6 extra months just to avoid the hassle and disappointment if my application will be rejected due to absences.

Any thoughts or advice, folks? Your help and input is greatly appreciated.