ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - First Country Clarification

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DpkUK
Newly Registered
India

Schengen Visa - First Country Clarification

Post by DpkUK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi Team,

I am planning for two vacations next month.

1. Oct 13th to Paris and back to London on Oct 15th
2. Oct 19-23 to Switzerland

So I am planning to apply for Schengen visa in french embassy.

Now I am confused as my trip to Paris is entirely dependent on my workload and is a tentative one where as Swiss trip is planned and confirmed (It is a coach trip and journey to Swiss will be via Calais,France and we are not stopping there for sight seeing and will be heading to Swiss directly). So please advise if I get visa from France embassy and If I unfortunately miss my Paris trip (Oct 13-15), can I go ahead with the same visa for my Swiss trip as Swiss will not be the first country that I will be visiting in the visa ??

Please advise which is the best suited solution for above dilemma ?

Thanks in advance

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa - First Country Clarification

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 am

Yes you can go anywhere in the Schengen area with the visa. Either way your entry is through France.
DpkUK wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Hi Team,

I am planning for two vacations next month.

1. Oct 13th to Paris and back to London on Oct 15th
2. Oct 19-23 to Switzerland

So I am planning to apply for Schengen visa in french embassy.

Now I am confused as my trip to Paris is entirely dependent on my workload and is a tentative one where as Swiss trip is planned and confirmed (It is a coach trip and journey to Swiss will be via Calais,France and we are not stopping there for sight seeing and will be heading to Swiss directly). So please advise if I get visa from France embassy and If I unfortunately miss my Paris trip (Oct 13-15), can I go ahead with the same visa for my Swiss trip as Swiss will not be the first country that I will be visiting in the visa ??

Please advise which is the best suited solution for above dilemma ?

Thanks in advance