ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I forgot to sign at the back of my photos

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
China

I forgot to sign at the back of my photos

Post by 1235 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your guys share your knowledge and help people here. :)

I just made a online application of ILR via Tier 1E route, and I posted all the required documents straight away. I suddenly recalled that when I finally put my 2 photos in, I did not sign my name or DOB at the back of the photos. I've got the ack letter this Monday already. Should I contact with they in anyway to ask if I can post another two with signature at the back, or just leave it? Will this cause rejection or any delay? I know I was a bit silly and carelessness for forgetting that, but what can I do now? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Many thanks in advance. Really appreciate any answers. :idea:

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: I forgot to sign at the back of my photos

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 am

1235 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your guys share your knowledge and help people here. :)

I just made a online application of ILR via Tier 1E route, and I posted all the required documents straight away. I suddenly recalled that when I finally put my 2 photos in, I did not sign my name or DOB at the back of the photos. I've got the ack letter this Monday already. Should I contact with they in anyway to ask if I can post another two with signature at the back, or just leave it? Will this cause rejection or any delay? I know I was a bit silly and carelessness for forgetting that, but what can I do now? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Many thanks in advance. Really appreciate any answers. :idea:
Contact them and post another set (with full name on the back, I don't think it is signatures they require) with a covering letter with any reference number mentioned on the acknowledgement letter.

Make sure you it is trackable and signed on delivery for your evidence.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Many thanks! I will

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:45 pm

1235 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 pm
Many thanks! I will
Did you send the photos?

Also, did HO write to you to tell you about the tech issue with the biometric?

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 am

sm12 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:45 pm
1235 wrote:
Many thanks! I will
Did you send the photos?

Yes, they sent me an email, and I was shocked as never expected that would happen.

But at least, they post me a free sticker so I didn't have to pay twice.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 pm

1235 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 am
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:
Many thanks! I will
Did you send the photos?

Yes, they sent me an email, and I was shocked as never expected that would happen.

Hi 1235
Were you contacted regarding the missing name at the back of the photos?
One of my friends applied but made this mistake but not sure whether she should wait for them to contact her.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:20 am

Also: Did you send them to Sheffield or Durham?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:03 pm

She got her biometric letter and still waiting to hear back instead of sending the photos.

It would be great if you could please update regarding the same (as to whether you were contacted or not).

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:34 am

sm12 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 pm
1235 wrote:
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:
Many thanks! I will
Did you send the photos?

Hi 1235
One of my friends applied but made this mistake but not sure whether she should wait for them to contact her.

Sorry, I did not see the post in time.

No, I talked with some friends and decided to wait them to contact with me instead. They didn't but I've received the approval letter last Friday, still waiting for the card. It would be fun if coming back with someone else photo on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 am

sm12 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:20 am
Also: Did you send them to Sheffield or Durham?

I post the documents to Sheffield

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 am

1235 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:34 am
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:
sm12 wrote:

Did you send the photos?

Hi 1235

No, I talked with some friends and decided to wait them to contact with me instead. They didn't but I've received the approval letter last Friday, still waiting for the card. It would be fun if coming back with someone else photo on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations!
What is the date of your approval letter?

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am

sm12 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 am
1235 wrote:
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:

Hi 1235

Congratulations!

The date showed on 12 Sep 2018.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 pm

1235 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:
sm12 wrote:

Hi 1235

Congratulations!

Oh ok
Since you were approved on 12/09, you should be receiving your BRP card soon I guess!

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 am

1235 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:
sm12 wrote:

Hi 1235

Congratulations!

Did you get your brp today?

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am

I finally got it TODAY! It was the carrier :evil:

I guess they first delivered on a Wednesday when our shop was shut(day off), they did not contact with me or come back on the following day etc. Simply holding there and as we got no tracking number and no knowlodge of the carrier, I cant do anything. BTW, DX was the carrier:!:

Date on card was 12/09/2018 and it was MY photo on it.

So, from my experience it was ok without name at the back, BUT it was a risk. Try to remember if you can :wink:

Only problem there is a expire date on 31/12/2024, so I have to renew it right before then???!!! :roll:

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm

1235 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am

I guess they first delivered on a Wednesday when our shop was shut(day off), they did not contact with me or come back on the following day etc. Simply holding there and as we got no tracking number and no knowlodge of the carrier, I cant do anything. BTW, DX was the carrier:!:

So, from my experience it was ok without name at the back, BUT it was a risk. Try to remember if you can :wink:

Only problem there is a expire date on 31/12/2024, so I have to renew it right before then???!!! :roll:
Others have also written about it. I think they're updating their technology or something like that, so you'll only to need to apply for a new BRP to replace your current one.

Regarding DX, when your BRP didn't turn up, did you phone them or did you fill the online form?

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm
1235 wrote:

Others have also written about it. I think they're updating their technology or something like that, so you'll only to need to apply for a new BRP to replace your current one.

Regarding DX, when your BRP didn't turn up, did you phone them or did you fill the online form?
Will they charge a fee for it?
Its annoying!

I used the website they gave on the letter after 10 working days, well you cant fill it before anyway.
After about 4,5 days, I received an email of them asked the same things!!! i.e. Ref number, date of birth, name, address etc. The ones Ive filled on that website already! Then after a couple of days, a staff emailed and says it did not arrive because the carrier claimed address undeliverable, and finally gave me a track number and contact number of DX. She also said it has been requested for redelivery for the following day. On the next morning luckily I called DX myself to doulbe check. Guess what, DX says it was on holding but it was on the way back!!! What a waste of time! they just need to give me the tracking number on the first email.

I dont know how did they built the whole system but Im so glad Ive get there.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 pm

1235 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:

Its annoying!

I used the website they gave on the letter after 10 working days, well you cant fill it before anyway.
After about 4,5 days, I received an email of them asked the same things!!! i.e. Ref number, date of birth, name, address etc. The ones Ive filled on that website already! Then after a couple of days, a staff emailed and says it did not arrive because the carrier claimed address undeliverable, and finally gave me a track number and contact number of DX. She also said it has been requested for redelivery for the following day. On the next morning luckily I called DX myself to doulbe check. Guess what, DX says it was on holding but it was on the way back!!! What a waste of time! they just need to give me the tracking number on the first email.

Wow, what a nightmare!
My brother's BRP was also delayed and arrived in 12 days for unknown reasons.

As for the BRP, I think usually these are issued for a maximum of 10 years and a fee is charged for renewal.

However, due to change in technology, the BRPs are being issued for less than 10 years, so apparently these will be replaced free of cost.

Read this on another thread:

"The 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

As the UK intends to introduce the new technology during 2016 the date restriction affects only BRPs issued to adults with settled status (ILR/NTL).

Any BRP rightfully held on 01 July 2024 that is restricted will be replaced free of charge, with the balance of the 10 year period initially expected being issued on a new BRP.

This means that anyone who has paid a fee in expectation of receiving ten year evidence of settled status will still do so, but it will be spread over two BRPs.

The date restriction does not change the entitlements of the rightful holder to work, access services/benefits or travel. The rightful holder still has settled status. "

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-brp-reci ... 21794.html

Newly Registered
China

Post by 1235 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 am

sm12 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 pm
1235 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm
sm12 wrote:
1235 wrote:

Its annoying!

Wow, what a nightmare!
My brother's BRP was also delayed and arrived in 12 days for unknown reasons.

As for the BRP, I think usually these are issued for a maximum of 10 years and a fee is charged for renewal.

However, due to change in technology, the BRPs are being issued for less than 10 years, so apparently these will be replaced free of cost.

Read this on another thread:

"The 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

As the UK intends to introduce the new technology during 2016 the date restriction affects only BRPs issued to adults with settled status (ILR/NTL).

Any BRP rightfully held on 01 July 2024 that is restricted will be replaced free of charge, with the balance of the 10 year period initially expected being issued on a new BRP.

This means that anyone who has paid a fee in expectation of receiving ten year evidence of settled status will still do so, but it will be spread over two BRPs.

The date restriction does not change the entitlements of the rightful holder to work, access services/benefits or travel. The rightful holder still has settled status. "

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-brp-reci ... 21794.html

I see, many thanks for the information. :P