ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6wks absences - need letter from employer wording

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jordans
Ireland

6wks absences - need letter from employer wording

Post by Jordans » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Hi folks,

Can anyone share the wording used in your letter from employer (where your work-related absences are outlined and explained) that you have submitted together with your citizenship application? Need to shave off a few days of going over the 6 week rule due to those being a work-related conference, but the HR has no idea what to write. I think they'll get it if I send them an example of what I need -- but I am not sure how to word it. Any help is appreciated!

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 6wks absences - need letter from employer wording

Post by Iggy4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:27 am

if you have only one day over your 6 weeks rule, you have to deduct all days not only days going over 6 weeks. So if you been out of country 6 weeks + 1 day you have to take off all days not only 1 day over. Simple rule and I dont know why so many people got they citizenship application refused.

Got very clear reply from the INIS as I applied as EU citizen.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:35 am

if you went for work out of Ireland (business etc), they will not deduct those days from your 6 weeks rule, there is no difference work, holidays, sick leave etc, only you can get them off for serious medical or bereavement reasons with proof from your doc etc. (urgent hospital treatment etc).

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 am

Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:27 am
if you have only one day over your 6 weeks rule, you have to deduct all days not only days going over 6 weeks. So if you been out of country 6 weeks + 1 day you have to take off all days not only 1 day over. Simple rule and I dont know why so many people got they citizenship application refused.

This is correct. I got similar replies from them.

If you were abroad, for 42 days or less, you don't need to do anything; if you were abroad for 43 days or more, you need to deduct all of these days.

And make sure that in the last 365 days you don't have more than 42 days. There is no exception to that (except for emergencies).

You can get the employer to write a letter to prove that you need to travel abroad on a regular basis because of work requirement, but that's basically it. It's merely an explanation as to why you should still be considered a legitimate resident in Ireland and not someone who doesn't have the intention to live here.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am

Iggy4 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:27 am

Does this apply to Years 1-4 or only to Year 5? Becasue I have had exactly 42 days off in the year prior to application, and it should be fine. The conference happened earlier.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 am

This is correct. I got similar replies from them.

If you were abroad, for 42 days or less, you don't need to do anything; if you were abroad for 43 days or more, you need to deduct all of these days.
This is so strange! why deduct all days, not those above the 42? what is the reasoning behind this?
littlerr wrote:
And make sure that in the last 365 days you don't have more than 42 days. There is no exception to that (except for emergencies).
That's exactly how many days I have.
littlerr wrote:
You can get the employer to write a letter to prove that you need to travel abroad on a regular basis because of work requirement, but that's basically it. It's merely an explanation as to why you should still be considered a legitimate resident in Ireland and not someone who doesn't have the intention to live here.
So if work sends you to attend conferences once a year that still counts, right? I was asking to help with the wording of this letter if anyone had it done.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 am

Many people have got an approval even they have more than 42 days absence (if they explained it nicely). I wouldn't risk my chance though. Even though the INIS citizenship helpline is never helpful and often gives conflicting answers, I would rather wait for an extra six or seven weeks than waiting for a year to get a rejection.

My company letter simply stated that I'm in continuous employment, and I have the need of attending business conferences from time to time. It did not specifically say anything about 6 weeks.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am

for all 5 years not only for the last one.

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by javiercarrillo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi all - apologies if this is a basic question but I have not been able to find clear info on it.

How are the year periods calculated? For example, if I apply today (October 15), would the previous year be the 365 days immediately before that date? As in, from October 14 2017 to October 14 2018?

If so, are the other 4 previous years before the last one calculated in the same manner? e.g. October 14 2016-to October 14 2017?