ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thai gf questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Craigy84
Newly Registered

Thai gf questions

Post by Craigy84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello all :) right so I been with my thai gf nearly three years now visited Thailand numerous times. Want to bring her to UK I have good job, money and house we both in mid 30's..

Would I be able to get her a visitor visa and in future if we marry would it be viable to get her visa to reside here permanently

Sensible answers only please thank you 😊

Casa

Re: Thai gf questions

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Craigy84 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm
Hello all :) right so I been with my thai gf nearly three years now visited Thailand numerous times. Want to bring her to UK I have good job, money and house we both in mid 30's..

Would I be able to get her a visitor visa and in future if we marry would it be viable to get her visa to reside here permanently

Sensible answers only please thank you 😊
If your girlfriend succeeds in her visitor visa application she will be unable to marry in the UK while visiting. You can apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK within 6 months of arrival and switch to FLR(M) which will then grant her an initial stay of 2.5 years
OR
Marry in Thailand and submit a spouse visa application to enable her to settle in the UK. Again this would be a limited leave visa for 2.5 years.
For both of these options before the 2.5 year visa expires your wife would have to apply for a further 2.5 year extension before qualifying for permanent residence (ILR).

For both a fiance and a spouse visa as the sponsor, you will have to show that you are earning a minimum of £18,600 p.a and have adequate accommodation available on her arrival in the UK.

She will also have to pass the A1 English test from an approved test/test provider on the UKVI list. You will also have to submit evidence of a genuine relationship.

You may find it a challenge to obtain a visitor visa, unless your girlfriend can submit documented evidence on strong ties to her home country such as employment, property ownership, dependent relatives and financial self-sufficiency. The Entry Clearance Office will want to be convinced that she won't overstay in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.