ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 2 teacher - Wanting change employers, earn more money so can apply ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AussieTeacher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Teir 2 teacher - Wanting change employers, earn more money so can apply ILR

Post by AussieTeacher » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

I first came over to the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa in July 2014.
In August of 2016 I applied for a Tier 2 Sponsorship visa with a new school. I am now going into my third year with them. My Visa will expired inAugust 2019.

I would like to either apply for Indefinate leave to Remain or a British passport. I understand that you have to earn over 35500 pounds (I only earn 26000 and this is going up very slowly).
If I renew my visa for another 3 years, I would try to look into a new school to achieve this pay (but in teaching it can be very hard to get near this amount).

Should I re-apply for another Tier 2 sponsorship visa and change school in hope of earning more or is there another option for staying indefinetly that I my have over looked?

thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Teir 2 teacher - Wanting change employers, earn more money so can apply ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 pm

what is your SOC and is your job in shortage? If so, you are not tied by the salary threshold to get ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.