ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling errors. Help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MiniCheddar2018
Newly Registered

Spelling errors. Help!

Post by MiniCheddar2018 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 am

Hi
We're almost at the stage of submitting our application, a solicitor is looking at our paperwork/ asking us to correct bits and bobs before we do so.

We've not been able to sleep the past couple of nights due to worrying about an error in one of our documents.

The solicitor hasn't had the chance to chase this up for us yet so I wanted to ask the question on here to see if I could get any answers.

Basically there is a spelling mistake on our marriage certificate. The spelling mistake is of my father's first name; it's Steven NOT Stephen. We realized this when collecting a new copy of my birth certificate. I have never known my father, so this is the reason this error has reared its ugly head. I knew his name, nothing more.

Where do we stand with this? Getting a new marriage certificate is going to be an arduous and costly task, costing us a lot more money with flight costs etc.

Do you think this spelling mistake is going to be a problem? It's the correct name just the spelling!!

Any words if wisdom will you helpful!

Thanks

vinny

Re: Spelling errors. Help!

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 am

If someone notices or queries it, then just explain it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.