ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application for british citizenship refugee route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surfuk
Newly Registered

british citizen inquiry

Post by surfuk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:25 pm

hello everyone

i applied for british citizen end of august and just want to verify something very quick.
i got my refugee status 2012 via court after HO refuse my asylum i appealed and i got the positive decision after 1 week from the court. in 2017 a got ILR , after 12 months i applied for british citizen.
my question is the period which i spend after refuse and appeal its gonna count that i dont have a legal staus or not.
thank you

secret.simon

Re: british citizen inquiry

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 pm

What was your status in the UK before you applied for refugee status? List your entire immigration history (with month/year) since your arrival in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:46 pm

thank you for the reply
when i come to the uk 2012 i claimed asylum seeker in the same day and after a month i had interview and been refused and my solicitor appealed with a time and had a hearing which been approved with 10 days and i got my refugee status, and in 2017 a got REFUGEE SETLEMENT.

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm

surfuk wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:46 pm
thank you for the reply
when i come to the uk 2012 i claimed asylum seeker in the same day and after a month i had interview and been refused and my solicitor appealed with a time and had a hearing which been approved with 10 days and i got my refugee status, and in 2017 a got REFUGEE SETLEMENT ILR.

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 pm

any help plz be really appreciate it thank you

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 pm

any help please

surfuk
Newly Registered

application for british citizenship refugee route

Post by surfuk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:14 pm

hi i would like to get some information regarding refugee route for british citizenship
i came to uk 01/2012 i applied for asylum in same day get refused then appealed and i got my refugee status for 5 years in 2017 i applied for ILR and its been approved. now i applied for british ctizenship.
just im wondering that when i got refuse when i applied for asylum that period count as im without a legal status but i appealed in the frame time which been given in the paper. but i was under HO accommodation until i received a status

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Re: application for british citizenship refugee route

Post by Ponnan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 am

I dont think your stay between rejection and appeal would be considered as illegal, normally home office would allow an appeal time, if you go through the rejection letters if you have it should state somewhere how long you have to appeal and stuff. I think its how you entered UK legally / illegally might affect your application as most people who came illegally normally wait until 10 years over to apply for BC as they will most likely fail good character check if they came to UK.

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Ponnan wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 am
I dont think your stay between rejection and appeal would be considered as illegal, normally home office would allow an appeal time, if you go through the rejection letters if you have it should state somewhere how long you have to appeal and stuff. I think its how you entered UK legally / illegally might affect your application as most people who came illegally normally wait until 10 years over to apply for BC as they will most likely fail good character check if they came to UK.
thank you for reply but i think if you go through the guide you will see that home office doesn't consider illegal entry and claim asylum at the time you enter uk as its explain below:
Immigration breaches and people who have sought asylum
in the UK
This section tells you how to consider applications from former asylum seekers.
These will normally fall into 3 categories.
Applicants who claimed asylum immediately on arrival in the UK and were granted
temporary admission pending determination of their claim will not have been in breach of the immigration laws while their application was being considered or during
consideration of any in-time appeals. Even if their application is refused and any
subsequent appeal dismissed, the applicant will still not have been in breach, until
their temporary admission was revoked and their leave to enter was formally
refused.
Applicants who claimed asylum during a period of leave to enter or remain in the UK
were not in breach of the immigration laws during consideration of their asylum claim
and any in-time appeals. However, if the application was refused and the appeal
dismissed, they will normally have been given 28 days’ further leave to remain. They
will have been in breach if they remained in the UK after that 28 day period. This
also applies to cases where the applicant was granted leave to enter or remain
under a Humanitarian Evacuation Programme (HEP).

surfuk
Newly Registered

Post by surfuk » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Breach of immigration law
If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker and/or as an illegal entrant (for example if you
entered the UK clandestinely) you must have evidence that you were here legally during
the residential qualifying period. You may be in breach of immigration laws during the
residential qualifying period if you had exhausted all your appeal rights and had not left the
country, even if you were subsequently given indefinite leave to remain as a concession. If
you were not covered by temporary leave to remain during the whole residential qualifying
period while appeals were under consideration, then your application will fail on breach of
immigration conditions.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun May 05, 2019 10:54 am

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else in the same situation as me. Please see below for details related to my case.

I came here as student, claimed asylum before visa expired and was accepted as refugee in 2011. Never worked illegally and never overstayed no negative record at all as far as I am aware.

And I applied for PR in 2016 and got that within 4 months. I then applied for BC in Feb 2018 and I have not got the results yet.

I did contact home office via email and phone and also wrote the case worker directly a letter and got a response saying my application documents all have been checked and my application is in the good character check stage and they will let me know if they make progress on it.

I did not use any services to check documents, applied directly before the Online thing came about, so all my original documents are with HO.

Just wanted to see if anyone else in the same stuck situation as me?

Thanks

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm

I came to the UK as a student in 2009 but my college License was revoked by UKBA and As a result, I lost approximately £4,500 in fee which was not refunded back to me. I tried to get admission into various other colleges, however, I was unsuccessful in getting a new CAS letter and I was unable to return to my country due to my political activities and claimed asylum in the UK but my asylum application was refused, and I appealed to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) and my asylum appeal was due to have heard in 2017, however, decision was made by UKBA to withdraw the decision before my appeal hearing and acknowledged the decision and granted me Refugee Status in 2012. After spending 5 years in the UK. I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2017 and Home Office granted me Indefinite leave in 2018. I applied for naturalization in January 2019 but I’m still waiting and no response from home office. Very confused. :roll: :?

Springie

Post by Springie » Tue May 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Ponnan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:54 am
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else in the same situation as me. Please see below for details related to my case.

I came here as student, claimed asylum before visa expired and was accepted as refugee in 2011. Never worked illegally and never overstayed no negative record at all as far as I am aware.

And I applied for PR in 2016 and got that within 4 months. I then applied for BC in Feb 2018 and I have not got the results yet.

I did contact home office via email and phone and also wrote the case worker directly a letter and got a response saying my application documents all have been checked and my application is in the good character check stage and they will let me know if they make progress on it.

I did not use any services to check documents, applied directly before the Online thing came about, so all my original documents are with HO.

Just wanted to see if anyone else in the same stuck situation as me?

Thanks
Hi Ponnan,

I had the same route student-refugee-ILR-citizenship with no illegal stay, etc., and I had no trouble getting approved. Sometimes it just takes time. You've been waiting for 2-3 months only, it could take 4-5 months just as easily and be absolutely fine. Patience!

Raihassan
Newly Registered

Post by Raihassan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:48 am

Scorpio111 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm
I came to the UK as a student in 2009 but my college License was revoked by UKBA and As a result, I lost approximately £4,500 in fee which was not refunded back to me. I tried to get admission into various other colleges, however, I was unsuccessful in getting a new CAS letter and I was unable to return to my country due to my political activities and claimed asylum in the UK but my asylum application was refused, and I appealed to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) and my asylum appeal was due to have heard in 2017, however, decision was made by UKBA to withdraw the decision before my appeal hearing and acknowledged the decision and granted me Refugee Status in 2012. After spending 5 years in the UK. I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2017 and Home Office granted me Indefinite leave in 2018. I applied for naturalization in January 2019 but I’m still waiting and no response from home office. Very confused. :roll: :?
Hey scorpio

Did you get any reply yet? I have the same scenario and i am really stressed.

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:23 am

Hi respected members! No reply still waiting. I think many refugees route waiting for response from HO. Frustrating. :roll:

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Dear members.I am in the same situation as you.I came to U.K in May 2011 and after 3 days I was with a letter from my solicitor in the Home Office offices as I claimed asylum.October 2012 my asylum was granted straight away from the Home Office.Around September 2017 me and my daughters(born in the U.K after I had been granted refugee) applied for ILR which was granted 13 February 2018.I applied for my daughters with MN1 form to Register as British Citizens and their certificats were issued one week after biometrics.For myself I applied on 14 of February 2019 under refugee status exactly one year after I had ILR .It is been more than five months waiting and I tried emailing them,they send a general response.Last week I involved my local MP too and they answed her that they can’t track the process under six months.I am getting concerned now ,I can’t do anything,my mind is just to the post.Hope for the best.