ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Summary of T1 Visa Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Need Guidance for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension

Post by Mohamedamaher » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Dear Board,
I came to the UK under T1E visa in Jan 2016 and my visa is due to be extended in April 2019.
We are an entrepreneurial team of 2 under the £200,000 scheme.

I have 3 dependents (Wife and 2 kids) and my Business partner has only his wife

We invested about £300K from our own money and got investment around £700K from a third party. We are now in the process of issuing shares and will have HMRC shares certificates by the time of extension

We have 4 jobs (settled workers) beside ourselves
- One is now 15 Months will be 21 at the time of extension
- One is now 12 Months will be 18 by the time of extension
- One is now 8 Months will be 15 by the time of extension
- One is now 6 Months will be 12 by the time of extension

I was wandering if you could guide me put together the needed documents for the extension.

Thanks in advance
Mo

zimba
Mood:

Re: Need Guidance for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:20 pm

I have some questions in filling the application:
  • Main Applicant application
* B11 - page 12: is this the GWF number of the leave to enter visa application or something else?
* Do we need to re-attach the original business plan
* K2 - Page 39: is the point based system reference the GWF number of the original application of leave to enter of the entrepreneurial team member?
* Table 3b1 - page 41: Do we show money transferred from both entrepreneurial team members? Do we put the full value according to the international bank transfer or the value of the issued shares.
* L1 - Page 42: I was registered as a director in the company prior to applying to the initial leave to enter application
* P - Page 48: Do we need to resend the study certificate? we used it in applying in the initial application? If not, shall i mark the "Evidence previously submitted / considered automatically meet". Do we claim point for the English language even if we choose this last option
* Section 7 Page 57: Do we need to resend the marriage and birth certificates and do we claim point for the english and maintenance sections?
  • Dependants application
* C4 - Page 8: Is that the GWF number of the main applicant initial application?
* F2 - Page 13: Is thus the GWF number of the dependant initial application?
* Section I - Page 18: We were only in UK for 3 years. They request 5 years addresses. Where do we write this comment and do we add address from back home?
* Section Q - Page 35: Do we need to include utility bills, council tax, marriage and birth certificates? We already proved the relationships in the initial application.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:07 pm
Why not read the official guide ??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
  • B11 - page 12: is this the GWF number of the leave to enter visa application or something else?
    Do we need to re-attach the original business plan
    K2 - Page 39: is the point based system reference the GWF number of the original application of leave to enter of the entrepreneurial team member?
    Table 3b1 - page 41: Do we show money transferred from both entrepreneurial team members? Do we put the full value according to the international bank transfer or the value of the issued shares.
    L1 - Page 42: I was registered as a director in the company prior to applying to the initial leave to enter application
    P - Page 48: Do we need to resend the study certificate? we used it in applying in the initial application? If not, shall i mark the "Evidence previously submitted / considered automatically meet". Do we claim point for the English language even if we choose this last option
    Section 7 Page 57: Do we need to resend the marriage and birth certificates and do we claim point for the english and maintenance sections?
  • Dependants application
  • C4 - Page 8: Is that the GWF number of the main applicant initial application?
    F2 - Page 13: Is thus the GWF number of the dependant initial application?
    Section I - Page 18: We were only in UK for 3 years. They request 5 years addresses. Where do we write this comment and do we add address from back home?
    Section Q - Page 35: Do we need to include utility bills, council tax, marriage and birth certificates? We already proved the relationships in the initial application.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Mohamedamaher wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

• B11 - page 12: is this the GWF number of the leave to enter visa application or something else? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Do we need to re-attach the original business plan ==> Did you see that as a requirement in the specified documents ? The answer is NO
    K2 - Page 39: is the point based system reference the GWF number of the original application of leave to enter of the entrepreneurial team member? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Table 3b1 - page 41: Do we show money transferred from both entrepreneurial team members? Do we put the full value according to the international bank transfer or the value of the issued shares. ==> Each application is considered on its own, so you need to show the full investment you are claiming for (50K or 200K)
    L1 - Page 42: I was registered as a director in the company prior to applying to the initial leave to enter application ==> Is there any question ?
    P - Page 48: Do we need to resend the study certificate? we used it in applying in the initial application? If not, shall i mark the "Evidence previously submitted / considered automatically meet". Do we claim point for the English language even if we choose this last option ==>Sorry, did not understand that question
    Section 7 Page 57: Do we need to resend the marriage and birth certificates and do we claim point for the english and maintenance sections?
==> You don't have to resend the marriage/birth cert. You need the English language points to meet the criteria - how do you expect to get to the required points without claiming those ?
  • Dependants application
  • C4 - Page 8: Is that the GWF number of the main applicant initial application? ==> Any reference number that you have
    F2 - Page 13: Is thus the GWF number of the dependant initial application? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Section I - Page 18: We were only in UK for 3 years. They request 5 years addresses. Where do we write this comment and do we add address from back home? ==> Where have they asked for 5 year addresses if you have lived for less than 5 years in UK/NI?
    Section Q - Page 35: Do we need to include utility bills, council tax, marriage and birth certificates? We already proved the relationships in the initial application.
==> No
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks marcnath
I appreciate your help

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:44 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 pm
Mohamedamaher wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

• B11 - page 12: is this the GWF number of the leave to enter visa application or something else? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Do we need to re-attach the original business plan ==> Did you see that as a requirement in the specified documents ? The answer is NO
    K2 - Page 39: is the point based system reference the GWF number of the original application of leave to enter of the entrepreneurial team member? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Table 3b1 - page 41: Do we show money transferred from both entrepreneurial team members? Do we put the full value according to the international bank transfer or the value of the issued shares. ==> Each application is considered on its own, so you need to show the full investment you are claiming for (50K or 200K)
    L1 - Page 42: I was registered as a director in the company prior to applying to the initial leave to enter application ==> Is there any question ?
    P - Page 48: Do we need to resend the study certificate? we used it in applying in the initial application? If not, shall i mark the "Evidence previously submitted / considered automatically meet". Do we claim point for the English language even if we choose this last option ==>Sorry, did not understand that question
==> You don't have to resend the marriage/birth cert. You need the English language points to meet the criteria - how do you expect to get to the required points without claiming those ?
  • Dependants application
  • C4 - Page 8: Is that the GWF number of the main applicant initial application? ==> Any reference number that you have
    F2 - Page 13: Is thus the GWF number of the dependant initial application? ==> Any reference number that you have
    Section I - Page 18: We were only in UK for 3 years. They request 5 years addresses. Where do we write this comment and do we add address from back home? ==> Where have they asked for 5 year addresses if you have lived for less than 5 years in UK/NI?
==> No
Hi Marcnath,
Here are the list of documents that i have prepared for the extension submission
1- Passports, police registration "when applicable" and BRPs (Originals) for both entrepreneurs and all dependents and two photographs each.
2- Applications for both team members and dependents applications for all dependents
3- IHS print outs for all applicants and dependents
4- Three months Personal bank accounts statements showing the £945 for each of the team members and £630 for each dependent
5 - Business bank account statement. highlighted the transfers made by the directors and the third party investors
6- Bank letters confirming receiving funds from overseas banks. Do we need to present letters from the overseas banks or is it enough to show the money from our bank side. The transfers we made from our local personal accounts in UK are only shown in the bank statements. The bank did not send separate letters for inland transfers
7- Print out of companies house website showing the directors appointment. Do we need to enclose self assessment submittal for the directors?
8- Business unaudited accounts for the last financial year on the independent accountant letter head
9- Independent accountant letter
10- For each of the jobs that have been created: PAYE records, P60/45, Passport copy, Payslip copies
11- Shares certificates for the directors and third party investors. do we need to add any Articles of associations or share holder agreement anything like that?
12- We already claimed points for English language in the initial application. we will not submit any documents in this regards. We will just mention it in the covering letter.

Do i need to attach things like sample proposals given to clients? Award letters from funding bodies such as innovate UK? Anything related to having participated in trade shows? Pictures from the office?

Do you think i missed anything?

Thanks in advance
Mo

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:51 am

1- OK.
2- OK
3- OK. Optional. Reference in application is sufficient.
4- OK
5 - OK. Optional. Since you are investing by Shares, there is no requirement for bank statements at all.
6- As above
7- You need to submit the CAR - Companies Appointment Report. No other document is acceptable.
8- OK
9- OK. Optional
10- FPS and Payslips are the only required documents. You seem to be missing the FPS
11- All of these are Optional if all shareholders and their in investments are listed in the Accounts
12- Correct.

Make sure your check the requirements for Business Activity in the guidance. You need three documents - CAR, a Business Bank statement and a Tax document
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 am

Thank you so much for your help

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Hello dear,
I am now preparing the final touches to submit my T1E extension application end of the month (March as the current residence ends 8 April). Can you please help with the following points?:
1- I am confused on how to put the English language in the online application. I wanted to claim the points based on having submitted my degree certificates in a previous application. The online application only offers three options: a- Resubmit your certificates which now needs to be evaluated by NARIC, b- Submit a test result, or c- being exempted for medical and mental reasons. Claiming for already having submitted in clear to enter application is not possible, although it is explosively written in the new guide of 23 Jan 2019.
2- I have an independent accountant who does the payroll for me. She sent me the FPS which is a list of entries from the HMRC website that shows (Date and time of submission, Submission ID and submission Status) It does not show any details showing employees info. Is that enough or there is something with more details that need to be printed. Can you guide me to a template or a sample that i can view.
3- My financial year end on 31 March. so i will not be able to submit the most resent 31 March 2019 and will submit 31 March 2018. This will not show any shares ownership. it will only show the directors account which is higher than £200K. So i plan to submit the company shares register which shows our shares and those for the investment we got from third party over the three years. I can add the shares certificates but these are documents that the accountant generated from the HMRC system and i signed nothing more. They are not stamped or anything.
Thanks in advance for your valuable help.
Regards
Mo

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Mohamedamaher wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm
Hello dear,
I am now preparing the final touches to submit my T1E extension application end of the month (March as the current residence ends 8 April). Can you please help with the following points?:
1- I am confused on how to put the English language in the online application. I wanted to claim the points based on having submitted my degree certificates in a previous application. The online application only offers three options: a- Resubmit your certificates which now needs to be evaluated by NARIC, b- Submit a test result, or c- being exempted for medical and mental reasons. Claiming for already having submitted in clear to enter application is not possible, although it is explosively written in the new guide of 23 Jan 2019.
2- I have an independent accountant who does the payroll for me. She sent me the FPS which is a list of entries from the HMRC website that shows (Date and time of submission, Submission ID and submission Status) It does not show any details showing employees info. Is that enough or there is something with more details that need to be printed. Can you guide me to a template or a sample that i can view.
3- My financial year end on 31 March. so i will not be able to submit the most resent 31 March 2019 and will submit 31 March 2018. This will not show any shares ownership. it will only show the directors account which is higher than £200K. So i plan to submit the company shares register which shows our shares and those for the investment we got from third party over the three years. I can add the shares certificates but these are documents that the accountant generated from the HMRC system and i signed nothing more. They are not stamped or anything.
Thanks in advance for your valuable help.
Regards
Mo
1) I am not sure since I can't try the online system myself. Was there some option before that you may have selected incorrectly which then gives only these choices. If not, I would just select C and add clear note in the cover letter as to why you did that (a and b is not applicable)
2) The guidelines clearly say what info should be there - all payments and deductions made to the employee. So the submission receipt is not sufficient.
3) If your 2018 accounts show the investment of more than 200K, why do you need any additional documents ?

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm

[/quote]

1) I am not sure since I can't try the online system myself. Was there some option before that you may have selected incorrectly which then gives only these choices. If not, I would just select C and add clear note in the cover letter as to why you did that (a and b is not applicable)
2) The guidelines clearly say what info should be there - all payments and deductions made to the employee. So the submission receipt is not sufficient.
3) If your 2018 accounts show the investment of more than 200K, why do you need any additional documents ?
[/quote]

Thanks Marcnath,
1) I just tried it and C doesn't give me a space to add notes. However, i found that under A, if i select that i have a degree then select that i will not submit the certificate, it gives me a 500 character note space to justify why. Maybe this is a good option, I still can submit the certificate but i am trying to avoid the NARIC 15 days period for certifying it and the £50 fee.
2) Thanks for clarifying this. Do you happen to know where i can see a template of a sample for that?
3) the 2018 accounts show it as directors' current accounts under creditors with a total amount covering me and my entrepreneurial team partner all together. Also we did not bother creating a director loan agreement because we later converted the amount into shares. This is why i thought adding the shares register makes sense. but if you think they are useless, that's perfect.
Regards
Mo

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Mohamedamaher wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm
[/quote]

Thanks Marcnath,
1) I just tried it and C doesn't give me a space to add notes. However, i found that under A, if i select that i have a degree then select that i will not submit the certificate, it gives me a 500 character note space to justify why. Maybe this is a good option, I still can submit the certificate but i am trying to avoid the NARIC 15 days period for certifying it and the £50 fee.
2) Thanks for clarifying this. Do you happen to know where i can see a template of a sample for that?
3) the 2018 accounts show it as directors' current accounts under creditors with a total amount covering me and my entrepreneurial team partner all together. Also we did not bother creating a director loan agreement because we later converted the amount into shares. This is why i thought adding the shares register makes sense. but if you think they are useless, that's perfect.
Regards
Mo
[/quote]

1. Seems like a good option.
2. Search this forum, people have posted some samples. But really, just ask your accountant.
3. Read the guidance properly. If you are showing the investment as a Director loan, a director loan agreement is a required document. Nothing stops you from doing that now with a back date.

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Marcnath,
1- Sorry about the confusion. Regarding the english test again. I was reading the guide over and over and do not get to understand this paragraph in Page 23 under Previous demonstration of acceptable English
"You will have already shown that you meet the English language requirement without the need to provide evidence if you were last given permission to stay in the UK:
1. under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain" .

My previous visa was a leave to enter and i am applying now for the leave to remain. I am confused if this exemption applies to me or not. I am afraid that the sentence might mean that it's only applicable for those who are already on leave to remain and applying for further extension under limited leave to remain.
2- I asked the accountant and she confirmed being able to provide these details. Thanks for the advise.

3- I did as advised and created a director convertible loan agreement so it would explain that the loan was later converted to shares.

I think i'm in order now, just very confused about the English point.
Regards
Mo

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Mohamedamaher wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm
Hi Marcnath,
1- Sorry about the confusion. Regarding the english test again. I was reading the guide over and over and do not get to understand this paragraph in Page 23 under Previous demonstration of acceptable English
"You will have already shown that you meet the English language requirement without the need to provide evidence if you were last given permission to stay in the UK:
1. under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain" .

My previous visa was a leave to enter and i am applying now for the leave to remain. I am confused if this exemption applies to me or not. I am afraid that the sentence might mean that it's only applicable for those who are already on leave to remain and applying for further extension under limited leave to remain.
2- I asked the accountant and she confirmed being able to provide these details. Thanks for the advise.

3- I did as advised and created a director convertible loan agreement so it would explain that the loan was later converted to shares.

I think i'm in order now, just very confused about the English point.
Regards
Mo
The exemption applies to you

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi Marcnath,
Finally applied Yesterday. Thanks for your valuable help.
I appreciate
Mohamed

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Marcnath,
I am happy to tell you that we got the visa approval letter. It wouldn't be possible without your valuable insights. I will be posting the whole experience for others to use during the weekend.
Thanks a lot
Mohamed

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Summary of T1 Visa Extension

Post by Mohamedamaher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello Everybody,
I just had my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa extension. here is my experience if it could help anybody.

Documents submitted:
  • Copy of Passports for both main applicants and all dependants (Old, new and the leave to enter page
  • Copy of Police Registration (Front and Back)
  • Copy of BRPs for all applicants and dependants
  • Copy of graduation certificate with NARIC certificate: this was not needed according to the guide but the online certificate did not offer me an option to select that i already submitted the English language proof in my initial application
  • Marriage certificate and birth certificates for the kids (Translated as mine were not in English)
  • Personal account letter showing maintenance fund (£945 for the main application and £630 for each dependant) stamped from the branch
  • Business bank account statement and had it stamped from the branch and a letter from the bank saying that we are signatories on the account
  • Share certificates and company registers at the companies house to prove the investment and added the shares allotment certificate.
  • Unaudited accounts for the last financial year of the business
  • Report from our independent accountant showing the investment in shares, the directors appointment and the jobs created.
  • Copies of contracts won by the business (3 contracts)
  • Print out from the companies house website showing the officers appointment
  • Print out of the companies house web site showing company's listing
  • RT-FPS (My accountant uses the free "Basic PAYE tool" so i added the summary of submissions and a separate file for each month. This is not the optimum view but the Basic PAYE tool is a very poor software when it comes to reporting)
  • Print out of the HMRC web site showing the company tax number
  • Pay slips for all settled employees for the full period of employment
  • P60s and P45s for the employees who have left the company
  • Passports copy of the settled employees
  • Job description for both entrepreneurial team members
  • Job Description of each settled worker showing to whom they report
I used the online service. It was very easy except for the English language glitch. :D There was another funny glitch in the application; although my wife and i are married and live together, they still asked for a parental custody settlement agreement for the kids. I asked my wife to write a letter to explain that we live together and we both take care of the kids

The biometrics appointment
This was the easiest part of the process, quite organised. We went there on time, very friendly people took our biometrics on a special machine (Not very friendly machine) and they scanned all the pages of the passports with a special 3D scanner. Just one comment, give it sometime, the nearest free slot i found was 12 days away and i had to take a paid appointment.

Although there is no priority service in this visa, i wrote a cover letter and explained that i have an important business trip that i wish to catch (With details and proofs). I got the visa after 21 days of the submission. Still waiting for the BRP to arrive.

In general the covering letter is an important document, take your time writing it and summaries the case as possible.

Wish you all the best