ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nick1015
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR application - Dependent

Post by nick1015 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'll be applying for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 General 5 year category in the next 10 days.

currently my wife is on my dependent visa which is valid till next year September 2019.

I have not included my wife's application with mine for ILR as she has not yet completed her 5 years.

my question is that once i get my ILR do I have to straight away switch my wife's visa from tier 2 dependent to ILR (family) dependent ?

OR

We can wait till September 2019 (her PBS tier 2 general visa expiry) and then apply for family dependent visa.

my wife will complete 5 years in Feb 2020 so i will have to apply for 1 extension anyways before she is eligible for ILR so i am confused whether to do it now or wait till next year september for extension of her visa

please give me your suggestion

vinny

Re: ILR application - Dependent

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nick1015
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR application - Dependent

Post by nick1015 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 pm

thanks for your reply