ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Plzilr

Name change confusion

Post by Plzilr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

Dear Gurus

I need an advice on changing of surname. I recently naturalised now and contacting solicitor regarding this and getting different opinions. The one i spoke to this morning as advised me that because this will be your first passport so get it on whatever the name is running on your home country passport. Once you receive your British passport then apply for deed poll and then get it changed through and then apply for another British passport with new name. My query is that possible once i recieved the BP then again apply for new passport with new name before expiry of earlier one?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name change confusion

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

Yes, you can do it. Many people do!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Plzilr

Re: Name change confusion

Post by Plzilr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am
Yes, you can do it. Many people do!!
Millions of thanks you are star

Regards