ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extended family member brother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kool145
Newly Registered

extended family member brother

Post by kool145 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Hello everyone here looking for help one of my friend
soo..
his brother EEA national with PR been support financially back home his study etc now he come with student tier 4 visa his eea national brother paid his uni fees travel expenses still helping financially depend on him
can he switch to eea route? what will be the rules?
if refused will it effect his tier 4 visa?
many thanx

kamoe

Re: extended family member brother

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am

kool145 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm
his brother EEA national with PR been support financially back home his study etc now he come with student tier 4 visa
My first question, and I suppose also the case worker's first question would be, why did he not come to the UK under a a Family Permit in the first place? FP is free, student visas are expensive.
his eea national brother paid his uni fees travel expenses still helping financially depend on him
can he switch to eea route? what will be the rules?
According to eligibility criteria here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
If he was, and still is, dependent on his brother before coming to the UK, he's eligible to apply, as an extended family member. However, please note that extended family members do not have the automatic right to a residence card (as opposed to direct family members, such as spouses or children), and each case is treated individually.

if refused will it effect his tier 4 visa?
I do not know.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.