ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1- Register Child as a British Citizen-Born inside UK and Outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grenland7862

MN1- Register Child as a British Citizen-Born inside UK and Outside UK

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Dear gurus and senior members,

I have always found this forum helpful. I would be grateful if anyone can clarify following queries for my two children.

Suppose both parents have ILR-British Citizenship will be applied next year.

I understand we need to submit MN1 form to register child as a British Citizen.

Elder child-10 Years old-Born outside UK

My elder son have Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) that was granted recently with parents.

Can we apply to register him as a British Citizen or should we wait until we ( parents) apply British Citizenship.

Also we lost his birth certificate, we have his Passport and ILR BRP card. Will we definitely need his birth certificate when we submit his MN1 Form.

Younger child-7 Years old-Born inside UK

My younger son born in UK and did never traveled outside UK.

His previous leave to remained was expired two years ago as we haven't extended his visa as he was born in UK.We intended to apply his British Citizenship once we got ILR.

Can we still apply to register him as a British Citizen?

Please also clarify , would we be able to get same day service or we have to send MN1 by post.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from all members

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1- Register Child as a British Citizen-Born inside UK and Outside UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm

My elder son have Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) that was granted recently with parents.

Can we apply to register him as a British Citizen or should we wait until we ( parents) apply British Citizenship.

Also we lost his birth certificate, we have his Passport and ILR BRP card. Will we definitely need his birth certificate when we submit his MN1 Form.
He will qualify to apply when EITHER or BOTH parents apply. He can't apply on his own unless a parent is already British and the other holds ILR or a parent is applying at the same time as the child. It is an application at the discretion of the Secretary of State / Home Office.

His previous leave to remained was expired two years ago as we haven't extended his visa as he was born in UK.We intended to apply his British Citizenship once we got ILR.

Yes, he has an entitlement to register as British.

Please also clarify , would we be able to get same day service or we have to send MN1 by post.
There is NO same day service for citizenship applications. You either apply online and use the NDRS service at the council to submit supporting documents and apply for joint citizenship and passport app at the same time OR you apply online or paper and post it yourself.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Dear CR001,

Thanks so much for your detailed answer.
For elder child,As per your answer we have to wait until we apply British citizenship.

Again Thanks
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm

He will qualify to apply when EITHER or BOTH parents apply. He can't apply on his own unless a parent is already British and the other holds ILR or a parent is applying at the same time as the child. It is an application at the discretion of the Secretary of State / Home Office.

There is NO same day service for citizenship applications. You either apply online and use the NDRS service at the council to submit supporting documents and apply for joint citizenship and passport app at the same time OR you apply online or paper and post it yourself.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Dear CR001,

Can i ask one more question, As per guideline if children are under 10 years old then they don't need to provide two references.

Is this correct ?

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm

grenland7862 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Dear CR001,

Can i ask one more question, As per guideline if children are under 10 years old then they don't need to provide two references.

Is this correct ?
No, it is not correct. All applicants are required to provide two referees. Children under 10 are not subject to the Good Character criteria/requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:54 pm

OK Thanks for clarifications

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm
grenland7862 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:47 pm
Dear CR001,

Is this correct ?
No, it is not correct. All applicants are required to provide two referees. Children under 10 are not subject to the Good Character criteria/requirement.

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 pm

grenland7862 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:15 pm
Dear gurus and senior members,

I have always found this forum helpful. I would be grateful if anyone can clarify following queries for my two children.

Suppose both parents have ILR-British Citizenship will be applied next year.

I understand we need to submit MN1 form to register child as a British Citizen.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from all members

Hi Can anyone please clarify one point.
Do parents need to show maintenance in bank (3 months usually required by other applications ) for registering children British by submitting MN1 Form.
Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 pm

. Hi Can anyone please clarify one point.
Do parents need to show maintenance in bank (3 months usually required by other applications ) for registering children British by submitting MN1 Form.
Many Thanks
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Many Thanks
No!!

Hi
CR001

Thankz for clarify this point

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Many Thanks
No!!
Dear CR001,

One more question, is it necessary to send parents original passports and ILR -BRP along MN1s forms or can we take certified copies(from post office) and send with application.We need original passport/BRP so just wonder if HO accept certified copies of passports/brp.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 am

If you are applying by post on your own and not using NDRS at the council, you need to send originals. This is for the child born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 am
If you are applying by post on your own and not using NDRS at the council, you need to send originals. This is for the child born in the UK.
Hi Cr001,

Thanks for clarification

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am

grenland7862 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi Cr001,

Thanks for clarification
Hi Cr001,

I would be grateful if you please respond to two further queries.
One more query with regards to Referees and Identity.
Form stated that any person who professionally involve with child, can accountant give that reference ( he teaches math to my children privately).
Also i have further questioners with regards to parents passports and BRP, I intend to travel to other country and want to apply via MN1 form behalf of my wife, Can we only enclose mother's passport and BRP card or is it necessary to enclosed both parents original passport and BRPs.
Thanks

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:33 am

grenland7862 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am
grenland7862 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi Cr001,

Thanks for clarification
Hi Cr001,

I would be grateful if you please respond to two further queries.
One more query with regards to Referees and Identity.
Form stated that any person who professionally involve with child, can accountant give that reference ( he teaches math to my children privately).
Also i have further questioners with regards to parents passports and BRP, I intend to travel to other country and want to apply via MN1 form behalf of my wife, Can we only enclose mother's passport and BRP card or is it necessary to enclosed both parents original passport and BRPs.
Thanks
I would be grateful if anyone can advise on this matter

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 pm

CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001,

Could you kindly please respond to my queries.

On the document's list Home Office asking Proof of parental
responsibility for the child.Can you please clarify what kind of above document? We are providing child's birth certificate and passport. Are these documents are enough?