ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply British citizen under amended rule of UKM

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Apply British citizen under amended rule of UKM

Post by samir thakker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:15 am

Can any one please advise under the amended rule of born outside the uk between 1st January 1949 and 31st December 1983 to a British mother??

As my Born in India in 1974 and having Indian passport residing in india and my mother was born in Aden in 1947 under the passport of British protected person and she is residing London since 2001 having British passport.

Please advise good layer or please help me any one having similar case like me who has applied British citizen and his/her application successful.

Thanks
Samir

secret.simon

Re: Apply British citizen under amended rule of UKM

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 pm

samir thakker wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:15 am
Can any one please advise under the amended rule of born outside the uk between 1st January 1949 and 31st December 1983 to a British mother??
Was your mother a CUKC with right of abode or a British citizen at the time of your birth?
samir thakker wrote:
my mother was born in Aden in 1947 under the passport of British protected person and she is residing London since 2001 having British passport.
British Protected Persons were not CUKCs (before 1983) or British citizens (after 1983). When and how did your mother acquire British citizenship? It would likely have been via registration. The month/year of registration may be relevant. When and how (migration path) did she move to the UK?
Where were you born?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am

yes my mother has CUKC with right of abode. my mother has passport of CUKC she born in Aden in 6th July 1947. She applied to home office mumbai with their old passport in 1998 and after that they issued British overseas citizen after my father died she moved to London with BOC passport in 2001 and after year she applied full British citizen. so Since 2001 she is living in london. my mother applied in Month of august 1998 to send all documents to home office mumbai with old passport birth certificate and within week they send BOC passport.Myself born in mumbai india. Please advise

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:01 am

samir thakker wrote:
my mother was born in Aden in 1947 under the passport of British protected person
samir thakker wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am
my mother has passport of CUKC she born in Aden in 6th July 1947.
You are contradicting yourself. Was she born a BPP or a CUKC? A BPP was not a CUKC. If you have her old passports, check out the precise category she was issued a passport under.
samir thakker wrote:
yes my mother has CUKC with right of abode.
samir thakker wrote:
She applied to home office mumbai with their old passport in 1998 and after that they issued British overseas citizen after my father died she moved to London with BOC passport in 2001 and after year she applied full British citizen.
If she was issued a British Overseas Citizen (BOC) passport and then she applied for British citizenship, that means that she did not have Right of Abode before she registered as a British citizen, presumably in 2002. BOC passports were issued to people who had British nationality, but not the Right of Abode to live in the UK automatically.

Your mother can claim Right of Abode at the time of your birth if she or either of her parents was born in the UK (as now constituted, not in a colony or protectorate). Were any of the above listed people born in the UK? If not, she did not have Right of Abode at the time of your birth and therefore you cannot register as a British citizen under Form UKM.

A further clarification: Form UKM can only be used to claim the mother's British citizenship. It cannot be used to claim British Overseas Citizen (BOC) status, which was in any case not inheritable, except if the child was stateless.

Also, even if you were a BOC, you would not be able to reside in the UK or be able to register as a British citizen if you already have the citizenship of another country, such as India.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:00 am

thanks for your quick reply so I am not qualify for the amended UKM law right.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am

send your email id will send scan copy of my mum passport

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 am

samir thakker wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am
Post in public. You simply need to type what it says.

Members are not permitted to post 'email id' on the public forum as this divulges their personal details and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl here daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 am

Dear Sir

Please find below requirement for UKM in that case its clearly said that point no (i) that your mother was, at the time of your birth, a citizen of of the United Kingdom and colonies by birth. My opinion this condition is satisfied.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Samir

3. you have right of abode which you acquired because:

(i) your mother was, at the time of your birth, a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man; or

(ii) one of your mother’s parents (the definition of “parent” here excludes the father, but includes the mother, of an illegitimate child) was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man at the time of her birth; or

(iii) one of your father’s parents (the definition of “father” and “parent” excludes the father of an illegitimate child) was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man at the time of his birth; or

(iv) you were resident in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years before1983 and had become settled in the United Kingdom by the end of that 5 year period; or

(v) you are a woman who, before 1 January 1983, was or had been married to a man with the right of abode in the United Kingdom. *Please note - registration does not include registration on the basis of a marriage on or after 28 October 1971 to a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies and 4. the Secretary of State is satisfied that you are of good character.

Please note: it is important that you meet all of these requirements.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:11 am

Read the very next part of that statement.
samir thakker wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 am
3. you have right of abode which you acquired because:

(i) your mother was, at the time of your birth, a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man; or

(ii) one of your mother’s parents (the definition of “parent” here excludes the father, but includes the mother, of an illegitimate child) was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man at the time of her birth; or

(iii) one of your father’s parents (the definition of “father” and “parent” excludes the father of an illegitimate child) was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by birth, legal adoption, naturalisation or registration* in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man at the time of his birth; or

(iv) you were resident in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years before1983 and had become settled in the United Kingdom by the end of that 5 year period; or

(v) you are a woman who, before 1 January 1983, was or had been married to a man with the right of abode in the United Kingdom. *Please note - registration does not include registration on the basis of a marriage on or after 28 October 1971 to a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies and 4. the Secretary of State is satisfied that you are of good character.
She may have been a CUKC, but she did not have Right of Abode in the UK at the time of your birth, because she was not born or legally adopted or naturalised or registered in the UK at that time.

She can only have had Right of Abode at the time of your birth if either she or one of her parents was born or legally adopted or registered or naturalised in the UK as presently constituted (i.e. not in a colony or protectorate). If nobody in her immediate ancestry had a connection with the UK as currently constituted, then she (and by extension, you) did not have Right of Abode at the time of your birth.

Also the fact that she was issued with a British Overseas Citizen passport (which is issued to former CUKCs with NO Right of Abode in the UK) suggests that the British authorities also have it on record that she did not have Right of Abode in 1998.

She acquired Right of Abode in 2002, when she was registered as a British citizen.

But by no means let me dissuade you. Please go ahead and apply on Form UKM. It is not that expensive (£80, as opposed to the £1330 fees for naturalisation).

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 am

thanks for your guidance but just let me know for 80 pound is for what and 1330 pound is for naturalisation right.

So please let me know 80 pound fees for what???

Thanks
Samir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 am

£80 is the cost of the ceremony fee for UKM registration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 am

can you please help the form of UKM registration with only 80 pound.

Once they satisfied they must say for second step for naturalisation right.

Thanks
Samir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

You only pay £80 for a UKM registration as British citizen. There is NO other cost except the passport application fee you will need to pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:58 am

by paying 80 pound they must reply looking to our documents right. if they say yes you qualify now you can go next step for naturalisation right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am

samir thakker wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:58 am
by paying 80 pound they must reply looking to our documents right. if they say yes you qualify now you can go next step for naturalisation right.
No. It is only the £80 to process the ONE application, from start to finish. If you are approved, then you attend the ceremony and once you have done that, you are British. If your application is refused, you get refunded the £80.

I don't know what 'next step' you are referring to as there is not 'next step for naturalisation' process if you applying to Register on form UKM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 am

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:05 am

can you please advise me on what grounds should I easily visit to London to see my mother bcz all the time we have to apply visa to see my mum. is there any application for multiple entry to uk??? so whenever I want to see my mother I can go.

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 am

Visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm

hello sir,

any success story for UKM application. if yes please share detail mail id or contact detail of success application

Thanks
Samir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

samir thakker wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm
hello sir,

any success story for UKM application. if yes please share detail mail id or contact detail of success application

Thanks
Samir
Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact details on the forum. Please desist from asking for this information.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 am
samir thakker wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am
Post in public. You simply need to type what it says.

Members are not permitted to post 'email id' on the public forum as this divulges their personal details and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl here daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 am

hello

can any one help me to find out when right of abode rules implemented?? I mean to say right of abode rules started in which year??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:44 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your quick reply. further for I would like to clarify regarding the recent law for certain person born outside uk of British mother(UKM) guideline said point no 3 at the time of child birth mother or grand parents must have right of abode, but in our case my mother born in Aden in 1965 having CUKC passport at that time there is no rules available of right abode. in short the new rules ukm I believe I am qualify for applying British citizens.

Please advise further.

Thanks
Samir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:50 am

. but in our case my mother born in Aden in 1965
Now you say 1965. Earlier you said 1947!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Post by samir thakker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 am

do apologise for the same my mother born in 1947 and she left Aden on 1965.