ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN & FPN received after submitting Nationality Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SSA_18

PCN & FPN received after submitting Nationality Application

Post by SSA_18 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am

Dear all,

I applied recently for my nationality and my timelines are as follows:

Application Route: 5 years (PSW + Tier 1) + 1 year on ILR
Date of Application at NCS – 21st September 2015
Date of receipt at HO – 29th September 2015
Date of acknowledgement and Biometric Letter received 16th of Oct (Dated 09th of October)
Date biometric completed at the Post Office - 17th Oct.

Now unfortunately, as soon as I had submitted my application at the NCS on the 21st of Sep - I received a
1) Parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) on the 23rd of September and a
2) Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) on the 07th of October 2015 - for Car Lamps not maintained (One of the bulbs in the car headlight had died and I didn’t notice).
I did not have any other FPNs or PCNs or any run-ins with the law in the past.
For the FPN, I was stopped by a police patrol vehicle in Oxford and they give me a penalty notice that says within brackets (non endorsable offence) for £50. The inspector said it was only a minor offence and was non-endorsable on my license.
I paid the £50 for the FPN immediately online and I have appealed the Parking Ticket (PCN) as I believe the road marking wasn’t clear enough and the signs were misleading. The council appeals process is still in progress and they haven’t let me know of the outcome.
Now my dilemma is :

should I let the Home Office know about these two?
If so what would be the best way to notify them please?

Or should I just leave it and hope it won’t impact ?

Will this be construed as ‘Bad character’ and impact my nationality application? If yes, is there any way by which I mitigate these circumstances please?

Any senior / learned members could you kindly advise please.

Thank you so much in advance. Really look forward to hearing your thoughts / suggestions on this.

Kind Regards,

SSA

SSA_18

Re: PCN & FPN received after submitting Nationality Applicat

Post by SSA_18 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Anybody please ?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm

The PCN isn't really an issue. it's a civil matter not a criminal one but if you later decide to take the council to court and lose then I think it becomes a conviction but I'd advise you to wait until someone more experienced answers.

you will need to definitely declare the other cos it was issued by police not council!

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:19 am

Thank you, that is very useful.

Generally they say that as long as you have one FPN in a year it should be okay right – which will apply in my case (as long as the PCN is irrelevant) ?

Do I still have to notify the Home Office to let them know ?

If so how do I go about doing that please ?

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:40 pm

I don't think you have to report these two minor incidents. You should be fine. My spouse had a speeding ticket, a few months before the naturalisation application. And my NCS advised no need to mention. As they are not criminal convictions

Good luck

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:32 am

Thank you Chowkal for your response.

Would other senior members also agree ?

I have two view points from two people on the same subject above and am a little bit confused and concerned.

I'm just concerned that they might consider this as a 'deception' just because I didn't let them know and refuse on those grounds ? Is that a possibility ? Is this serious enough to let them know please ?

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind Regards

vaibhavg18mau

Re: PCN & FPN received after submitting Nationality Application

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am

Hi,

I am in the similar situation. Received FPN for dropping a litter on the street. Already applied in Aug and received FPN on 19Sep. Do I need to inform HO?

Also what was your outcome of the application? Is it successful?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PCN & FPN received after submitting Nationality Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm

vaibhavg18mau wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am
Hi,

I am in the similar situation. Received FPN for dropping a litter on the street. Already applied in Aug and received FPN on 19Sep. Do I need to inform HO?

Also what was your outcome of the application? Is it successful?
Please start your own topic with your circumstances and question instead of digging up topics that are 3 years old (posters no longer active on the forum) and tagging on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.