ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service appointment cancellation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vivekshahoxford
Newly Registered
India

Premium service appointment cancellation

Post by Vivekshahoxford » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 am

Hello there ,

So I am posting a question as I am lost and confused . I had booked an appointment for ILR twice as wasn’t sure if I would be able to attend the earlier date . I attended the earlier date and have got my ILR , so I tried to cancel the second appointment as no longer needed it . I followed the process where the link suggested I withdraw the application was the only way to cancel as it was an online application . I did go through it and sent a request for withdrawing .

Two questions :-

1. Will this affect my already granted leave to remain and BRP ?
2. Will I be able to get refunded some part of the fees paid for the latter appointment withdrawn ( note it was less than 5 days notice so I know I would lose some money)

Many thanks !

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Premium service appointment cancellation

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Vivekshahoxford wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 am
Hello there ,

So I am posting a question as I am lost and confused . I had booked an appointment for ILR twice as wasn’t sure if I would be able to attend the earlier date . I attended the earlier date and have got my ILR , so I tried to cancel the second appointment as no longer needed it . I followed the process where the link suggested I withdraw the application was the only way to cancel as it was an online application . I did go through it and sent a request for withdrawing .

Two questions :-

1. Will this affect my already granted leave to remain and BRP ? Granted is granted, no worries.
2. Will I be able to get refunded some part of the fees paid for the latter appointment withdrawn ( note it was less than 5 days notice so I know I would lose some money) You will refund the application fee + premium service fee because your application is void. But you lose the booking fee.

Many thanks !
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

IJOS

Re: Premium service appointment cancellation

Post by IJOS » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Cyclina
He said it was an online appointment so he won't be getting any refunds at all as a withdrawal or cancellation is not allowed with online application except the rules changed this week. or no?