ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 and British Passport for Child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

UK born child registration for MN1

Post by Sriniwekh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 am

Hi,

My son was born in UK. We are Indian passport holders with the Tier 2 at the moment. My husband is eligible to for ILR this month and once he gets the ILR I believe that our son is eligible to apply for MN1 for British Citizen.

We have not registered our son with the Indian Embassy and he has not got any passport at the moment. Can we apply for MN1 direct for him? Or do we have to register him with the Indian Embassy first?

Thanks in Advance
Srini

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK born child registration for MN1

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am

Can we apply for MN1 direct for him?
Yes.
Or do we have to register him with the Indian Embassy first?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sriniwekh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am
Can we apply for MN1 direct for him?
Yes.
Or do we have to register him with the Indian Embassy first?
No.
In the required documents they have asked for the Child's passport was wondering about that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am

A UK Born child is entitled to register. Birth cert should be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sriniwekh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am
A UK Born child is entitled to register. Birth cert should be sufficient.
Thank you :)

What is the process for applying for the passport? I assume this MN1 is just a registration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 am

If you use NDRS at the council, you can apply for MN1 and passport together. You complete the online MN1 form and the paper passport form.

If you post it on your own, you cannot apply for the passport at the same time and will have to wait for the citizenship approval first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sriniwekh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Thank you very much.

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

MN1 and British Passport for Child born in UK

Post by Sriniwekh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi,

My son was born in the UK in Dec 2017. Both I and my husband (parents) were on Tier 2 general with Indian passport when he was born. My husband (dad) is eligible for ILR and has applied for it.

The child has not got any passport. So currently he is stateless.

From reading the other posts I understand that he is eligible to apply for MN1. But I have few questions about it. One of our friend said that the home office will reject the MN1 application as the child is stateless. Is this true?

If the child gets a British passport without applying for an Indian passport will the child be eligible to apply for an OCI card to visit India?

Has anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks in Advance..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 and British Passport for Child born in UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:29 pm

From reading the other posts I understand that he is eligible to apply for MN1. But I have few questions about it. One of our friend said that the home office will reject the MN1 application as the child is stateless. Is this true?
Nonsense. Stop listening to 'friends'. A UK born child has an ENTITLEMENT to register and does not need a passport.
If the child gets a British passport without applying for an Indian passport will the child be eligible to apply for an OCI card to visit India?
If you have not registered the child as Indian with the Indian authorities, then how can he apply for OCI?? That aside, please ask OCI or Indian authority questions in the Other Countries sub forum, link below.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sriniwekh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:29 pm
Nonsense. Stop listening to 'friends'. A UK born child has an ENTITLEMENT to register and does not need a passport.
They were pretty sure about it and said that their application was rejected. Hence I am in a panic mode.
If you have not registered the child as Indian with the Indian authorities, then how can he apply for OCI?? That aside, please ask OCI or Indian authority questions in the Other Countries sub forum, link below.
Thank you I have posted in the other topic.

other-countries/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:45 pm

They were pretty sure about it and said that their application was rejected. Hence I am in a panic mode.
Don't believe everything that 'friends' tell you. Many have applied for their children who have not been registered with the Indian authorities and have been successful with MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sriniwekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sriniwekh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:45 pm
Don't believe everything that 'friends' tell you. Many have applied for their children who have not been registered with the Indian authorities and have been successful with MN1.
Thank you