ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Residency application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rfaruque

Settlements in Ireland to bring parents

Post by rfaruque » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi,

I am a British Citizen by birth.
I am starting a new job in DUBLIN from May 2018.
I have 2 girls who will be going to school there and settle.

I have to bring my parents (non EU) so that they can join me in DUBLIN as a resident.

My question is in case I dont like DUBLIN I want to come back the UK next year by March 2019 will I have trouble? Can my paretns come along with me in UK as well to settle in UK? What sort of procedure will they have to follow?

Can any one help.

Thanks in Advance.

rfaruque

Re: Settlements in Ireland to bring parents

Post by rfaruque » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi,
Some body please send some comments to help me.
I am applying for my parents to IE.
I have recently moved to IE from UK (British Citizen)
Is it easy for me to apply for my parents

1 UK VISIT VISA and then travel to IE and then change it to IE residency or
2 C VISA to come to IE from Bangladesh
3 or Family dependent VISA from Bangladesh

* I am the only child so they are basically dependent on me financially and mentally
* They have got their own financial ability to show for Visit VISA as well to IE or UK.
* They have first come in 1975 to UK for doing post doc. But dint stay here. But after 2000 they have been visiting almost every year and was never refused any VISA or over stayed any how...

I would need to follow the SS rout to bring them to UK afterwords, so which one is advisable for me to save time please.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Settlements in Ireland to bring parents

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:46 am

rfaruque

Working in IE wants to Bring Parents in C Visa

Post by rfaruque » Wed May 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi,
I have very recently started working in Dublin IE.
I am a British Citizen, working in a company salary 44K.
I want to bring my parents in C Visa here and I am trying to prepare my documents as below:

From My side:
Invitation Letter
Job contract
Salary slip: I got just one month salary slip in IE will that be enough?
Bank statement: I got a bank statement which is a month old -- shows my savings and salary coming in.
My UK bank statement: Do you think it is rationale to show my UK bank statement in this case to make it up for the previous 2 months?

Utility bill under my name
Proof of accommodation under my name

Birth Certificate as a proof of relationship
My copy of UK passport
UK Driving license

From my parents side:
Their financial statements
Their passport
Birth Certificates
Proof of their house in Banlagdesh

-Two more specific questions:
1.How long does it take to get C VISA now?
2. As I am recently arrived in IE and not being able to show 3 months proof of income and bank statements do you suggest to wait until 3 months are over or do you suggest to submit the application with supporting documents from UK (like my previous payslip and bank statements from UK)

Many thanks in advance

rfaruque

Re: Working in IE wants to Bring Parents in C Visa

Post by rfaruque » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:18 pm

Could any body kindly advise me on this please.

Thanks

danishgirl
Newly Registered

Post by danishgirl » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:38 am

Which C visa are you applying for? This one - Family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens seeking to reply on Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive)?

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi,

In AVATAS it does not give the directory name but it is Family member EU/EAA/Swiss Cit (other).

I guess it is the same is int it?

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm

I am applying for Normal Visit/Family visa and after my parents come I plan to apply for Card. Please let me know if I am on the right track.

THanks

rfaruque

Residency card

Post by rfaruque » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 am

Urgent help needed.

I have applied for C VISA (Family/Friend) for my parents (Non EU) for 90 days.

I am British citizen, working full time in Dublin and exercising treaty right.

Hopefully when my parents are here-- can I apply for residency card using Form EU1.

Some body please reply it is very urgent.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Residency card

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 am

Thanks for merging.

Can somebody please help on this.

thanks

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:32 am

I don't know what is the help you are looking for.
If your parents got the visa, you don't seem to have any problems.
After they arrived, just apply EU1 as you planed.
About the documents, if they need anything else they will just send letter asking for it.
Move back to UK, you'll have to start everything all over again.

I think people would help easier if you ask the question clearly.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 pm

This might be not that easy as u think.

Ireland doesnt really like to accept parents or sister/brother unless they are REALLY dependent on you.
For that you have to prove that they are solely dependent on you, before they arrived here, and after that. You have to show i guess at least a year worth of evidence that you sent them money, and without that they would not be able to survive. If they have normal pension, and if that is enough for survival in that country where they get this pension, than probably they will be declined.

Try to find topics about this here in the forum, there is many of them, most of them ending in decline.

In case they are accepted here, the best would be to stay here until they get irish citizenship, next year march the brexit will formally start, though the right of eu citizens are extended to end of 2020, and who knows maybe it will be extended further, but it is a very risky path.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied for the Visa C Visa (Friend/Family)

It is being 5 weeks and there is no update on the website what so ever.

They have applied in Delhi as Bangladeshi citizen.

But, VFS has informed through email and called my parents that that the draft (that my parents) have provided is not needed and they can go and pick the draft up.

Could any body sense about the time frame involved to get the visa?

Thanks,

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Applied on 2 July still havent heard anything from IE embassy India for visit (family/friend) visa.

We have also provided a draft along since they wasnt sure. They have contacted and said to pick up the draft as it was not needed as the applicants are my parents.

Can any body guess what does this mean or why is it taking long?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 pm
Applied on 2 July still havent heard anything from IE embassy India for visit (family/friend) visa.

We have also provided a draft along since they wasnt sure. They have contacted and said to pick up the draft as it was not needed as the applicants are my parents.

Can any body guess what does this mean or why is it taking long?
The normal turnaround for a C visa to Ireland is about 8 weeks so you will need to be patient, there is also a backlog of applications from Southeast Asia if you read others posts here in the forum. It looks like the solely intent of your C visa for your family is to get them entry into Ireland to then try to apply for EU Treaty Rights, that’s actually not the purpose of that visa so I would be really careful in the application process and immigration officer interview upon their arrival at Dublin airport.

Did you provide proof of strong ties to Bangladesh for them? It will be hard for you to proof that they are “dependent on you financially” and emotionally since you just said before that they have “their own financial ability to show for Visit VISA as well to IE or UK”.

Regarding going back to the UK unfortunately no one knows what will be the case after Brexit, not even British politicians are clear in what they want. It's hard to tell if you will be able to move back to the UK with them, we will need to wait until after Brexit and see what's the law then.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi,
Tie for back home- was hard to provide- it is only their house and brother-sisters. I dont have any brother sister- so they could not show any of their children living in back home.

Financial- yes said they are capable, but the truth is, I provide them monthly expenses (their full house hold) I have been doing this for years as even though they have their financial strength it is more of the management bits. This is not said int he VISIT visa application but when they are here , this can be shown as per back statement.

Thanks,

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:17 pm
Hi,
Tie for back home- was hard to provide- it is only their house and brother-sisters. I dont have any brother sister- so they could not show any of their children living in back home.

Financial- yes said they are capable, but the truth is, I provide them monthly expenses (their full house hold) I have been doing this for years as even though they have their financial strength it is more of the management bits. This is not said int he VISIT visa application but when they are here , this can be shown as per back statement.

Thanks,
There is precedent for this type of applications in the EU so do some research and prepare a strong application. In Ireland these days it's getting harder to get EU Treaty Rights approved for dependent parents, find other posts here in the forum for guidance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Hey Guys!!

My parents got the C VISA now (90) days.

Can you please advice me what should be my next step:

Can I straight away book for:
Residence card for a qualifying family member of a Union citizen
by going to:
https://burghquayregistrationoffice.ini ... t?OpenForm

Or Do I have to apply to exptend their VISA for more than 90 days?

Please bear in mind that I will be moving back to UK after their residency card is done.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm

I am a British Citizen by birth.
I am starting a new job in DUBLIN from May 2018.
I have 2 girls who will be going to school there and settle.
Where is your spouse? In most topics, you refer to only yourself and children being in Ireland.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

He works in UK. comes in the weekend, back and forth.
He works full time in the Uni as a lecturer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:31 pm

You will likely fail trying to get back to the UK using the Surinder Singh route as one of the the requirements is that you moved the 'centre of your life' to Ireland, i.e. the WHOLE familyl/jobs/pets everything, which is clearly not the case as your husband hasn't moved with you and presumably a home is still being maintained in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks for your reply.
My husband lives in Dublin with me and 2 of our kids goes to school here.
My husband goes once a week to take his class and the rests he can work from Dublin no problem.

Just wondering when my parents come with 90 day VISA, can I apply for residency card or do I have to apply for VISA extension first?

Since Brexit knocking on the door, I wanted to minimize time waste.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Should I fill up the EU1 form and send with all document
OR I should make an appointment to Burgh Quay, Dublin 2?

Please advice.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi all,

My parents are here in Dublin now, got C (Family-Friend) They will be arriving next Thursday.

They will be eventually fill up EU1 form:

1: Do they have to state anything about their intention of residing here in airport after arriving?

2: I am renting the house under my name; Do I have to add my parents name in the tenancy agreement and also provide PRTB letter? Is there any way around to it? since I have been living in this house for last 6 months and took it under my name.