ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee with Italian Travel Document living in UK married to Polish

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

evelin
Newly Registered
Poland

Refugee with Italian Travel Document living in UK married to Polish

Post by evelin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for some guidance. My husband is originally from Pakistan, but he has Italian Travel document for Refugees valid till 2021.
We have recently moved to UK and applied for him for residence permit as a family member of EU. We are now wondering what next? Can we claim extension in Italy after his travel document expire? Considering he does not live there any longer? Is there any document we can apply for him in UK? Perhaps we can ask for some document fom my home country?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

kamoe

Re: Refugee with Italian Travel Document living in UK married to Polish

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 pm

evelin wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm
We have recently moved to UK and applied for him for residence permit as a family member of EU. We are now wondering what next?
What residence permit you mean? A family permit, or a Residence Card?

If Family Permit, this is valid for six months, and the next step is to apply for a Residence Card, which he should apply for before the six months expire.

If Residence Card, this is valid for 5 years. No immediate next steps, except Permanent Residence when applicable (usually after the 5 years), or an extension to the Residence Card.
Can we claim extension in Italy after his travel document expire? Considering he does not live there any longer?
I'm not sure about this, but I would think all new documentation needs to be issued in the UK, not Italy.
Is there any document we can apply for him in UK? Perhaps we can ask for some document fom my home country?
As above.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

evelin
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by evelin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks for your response, yes, we applied for Residence Card for him. The main question is how/where to claim next travel documen/passport/ ID? after his Italian document expire he does not have any other proof of identity.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Why can't he apply for a Pakistan passport at the embassy??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

evelin
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by evelin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 pm

There is no restrictions? Surely, he will lose his refugee status, but theoretically, if he is able to get Pakistani passport then we need to simply reapply for Residence Card and that’s all? It looks to simple to be truth.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm

I am not sure that his refugee status in Italy is transferable to the UK.

He would have to claim asylum in the UK most likely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

evelin
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by evelin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am

Does anyone knows the rules? We started to read online about the transfers but details are not clear at all. Not sure if that's the proper forum to ask the question though.
Thanks.

Rajput king
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Rajput king » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:13 pm

What visa he have in uk?? How he enter uk???

evelin
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by evelin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm

He have dependent ink stamp from the border which works like Family Permit since I am from EU.