ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple CCJ's Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Imbow2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Multiple CCJ's Naturalisation

Post by Imbow2020 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi

I had a ccj a few years ago against my name which I have payment arrangements on and I am almost close to paying off the debt.I submitted evidence of payment to HO when I made my application for ILR and it was successful.

I work as a freelance consultant at times but I have a main job.
I have just recently been checking my business accounts (LTD COMPANY) and a ccj was
recently recorded against the business by HM revenue for a late submission of tax charge. I called up the debt company to clear the full amount today.

Since I am planning to apply for Citizenship next year will this affect my application if I show that both ccj where cleared way before the citizen application.
Also will I have to declare the business related ccj as its not my main source of income and is registered against the business address which is not my main address?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Multiple CCJ's Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:57 pm

The CCJ against yourself should be ok as you are complying with the arrangement regarding payment, and needs to be disclosed. CCJ against a limited company is against the company, and I believe it's not disclosable, though HMRC may go after the owners if they can't get anything from the company. You say "multiple" CCJs - if you have many of those there may be a question mark re. "good conduct", also applies to bankruptcies.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Imbow2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Multiple CCJ's Naturalisation

Post by Imbow2020 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:57 pm
The CCJ against yourself should be ok as you are complying with the arrangement regarding payment, and needs to be disclosed. CCJ against a limited company is against the company, and I believe it's not disclosable, though HMRC may go after the owners if they can't get anything from the company. You say "multiple" CCJs - if you have many of those there may be a question mark re. "good conduct", also applies to bankruptcies.
Thanks for your rapid response @alterhase58 , that's some some very useful information.
In hindsight I should have phrased the question better, I only have the one ccj mentioned and the is the company one which means that its just two

Once again
many thanks