ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test - Change in Identity Document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gen17
Newly Registered
India

Life in UK Test - Change in Identity Document

Post by Gen17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 am

Hi All,

I registered for LIUK test couple of months back using my Tier2 BRP card as an identity proof. I postponed the test multiple time since I could not get time to prepare for it. In the meantime, I had to renew my BRP card. My test is due in couple of days which was registered, I believe, on old BRP number. Can I still sit the same test with my new BRP or do I have to cancel/ re-book the test with new BRP?

Thanks.

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Life in UK Test - Change in Identity Document

Post by ahasnaini » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:17 am

It would safer to cancel and rebook, as a lot of people have had problems with identity not matching and center rejecting them. You would lose your 50£ fees in that case as well.

Unless urgent I suggest re-book or call them and get it changed if possible

Gen17
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gen17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks ahasnaini. I gave them a call and I was advised that as long as the LIUK account has updated details and the BRP card is valid or in date, I can sit the test.

Would you know if being rejected to sit on the test due to such issues would have any bearing on your ILR application, just in case?

Thanks.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Gen17 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:32 am
Thanks ahasnaini. I gave them a call and I was advised that as long as the LIUK account has updated details and the BRP card is valid or in date, I can sit the test.

Would you know if being rejected to sit on the test due to such issues would have any bearing on your ILR application, just in case?

Thanks.
I don't think you can update the LITUK details after you have booked the test (You can change date or venue or cancel). You might need to cancel the test and book a new one with your new BRP. You will not be allowed to write the LITUK test if your BRP does not match the one you used to register. In addition to the BRP, you will also need a document to verify your address. The name on the BRP must also match the name on the proof of address. If you have already changed your BRP, then I will suggest you cancel the LITUK test and book a new one. And then make sure you have a proof of address with the same name as on the new BRP
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

alewid
Newly Registered

Post by alewid » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:08 pm

I was just wondering about using the BRP card as identity.
What if you renew your BRP card after you have taken the test. Will the Home Office still be able to match the test pass to your application?
Or is just used for ID on the day?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 am

alewid wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:08 pm
I was just wondering about using the BRP card as identity.
What if you renew your BRP card after you have taken the test. Will the Home Office still be able to match the test pass to your application?
Or is just used for ID on the day?
There is no issue with changing BRP after LITUK test, Home Office can match everything relating to you. Your BRP is just used to ID you on the day of the test, that why they don't tolerate irregularities in ID and proof of address.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahasnaini » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Gen17 wrote:

Thanks.
No, it won't have any impact on the ILR, thou cheating on the test will.

Gen17
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gen17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Djsucess,

I have had my test today and I passed with flying colours!! So that answers the question. It looks like the test network is linked with the central database. So, they have all your identity data and history as soon as you book the test, which is probably updated in real time. So as long as you have the right identity documents and they are in date and address is correct, you should be fine.

Thanks.
Last edited by Gen17 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gen17
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gen17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 pm

ahasnaini wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 pm
Gen17 wrote:

Thanks.
No, it won't have any impact on the ILR, thou cheating on the test will.
Thanks ahasnani. It didn't create any problem. I passed the test.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 am

Gen17 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm
Hi Djsucess,

I have had my test today and I passed with flying colours!! So that answers the question. It looks like the test network is linked with the central database. So, they have all your identity data and history as soon as you book the test, which is probably updated in real time. So as long as you have the right identity documents and they are in date and address is correct, you should be fine.

Thanks.
That's good. Congratulations and thanks for the update.

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahasnaini » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 am

Gen17 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Thanks ahasnani. It didn't create any problem. I passed the test.
Congratulations and good luck for your ILR application.