ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aplication for citizenship refused based on not responding for letter from Home Office I have never received.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katapas
Newly Registered
Poland

Aplication for citizenship refused based on not responding for letter from Home Office I have never received.

Post by katapas » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi all,
I hope someone will be able to help or maybe someone has been in a similar situation.
First of all, I am writing on behalf of my partner who 2 months ago applied for British Citizenship and today received a refusal.

We are both from Poland, my partner has been living in the UK for 14 years, myself 9.
We are both self-employed, paying our taxes, not receiving benefits.
Our son was born in the UK and has British citizenship based on my partner's documents.
But cut the story short.

My partner applied 2 months ago, supporting all necessary documentation.

At the beginning of August, he received the letter confirming that the fee has been received and ref.number for biometric enrolment which he supplied straight away on 8th of August.

On 28th of August received 2nd class postage with his documents returned but his life in UK test certificate missing. There was nothing else included.

Today he received another 2nd class letter with his missing life in UK certificate included plus a letter saying his application has been refused because he didn't send documents requested in the letter sent on 23rd of August.
They said they requested alternative evidence of residence for period April 2016 to April 2017 (why if he sent newest tax return and they say they want one)
along with documentary evidence of speeding conviction and proof it has been paid in full (as it is his only conviction)

The only thing we received on 28th were documents (life in UK missing which they sent today).
There was no letter at that day nor any other days.

Is it possible they made a mistake?(as the life in the UK was missing maybe they didn't include the letter by mistake)

Is it possible it was done on purpose?

Was anyone in a similar situation?

I really don't know what to do.

We received the letter this afternoon so we need to wait till Monday to call the helpline but still, I think not much they will say. Probably they will only advise making NR form.

Therefore how can we prove we never received it and also how they can prove they sent it?

We would have sent it straight away if we received a request.

I don't know how they can expect someone to just let go almost £1500 .

I apologize for fast writing and any mistakes.

I am really fed up by this situation and my partner is really upset as he is kind of person who keeps his tax records and receipts since the beginning of times...

I will really appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

katapas
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Aplication for citizenship refused based on not responding for letter from Home Office I have never received.

Post by katapas » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

I have confirmation of speeding fee paid in 2015.
In case HO thinks I didn't send it because I didn't pay or didn't have proof but I don't think it will change anything...

laharisripati
Newly Registered

Re: Aplication for citizenship refused based on not responding for letter from Home Office I have never received.

Post by laharisripati » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello

I am in a similar situation. My application has been refused for not sending the requested documentation while I haven't received any letter/email from them asking for additional documentation.

Can you please let me know if you have applied for reconsideration or made a fresh application?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lahari