ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born to Naturalized Irish Citizens in UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaurt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Child born to Naturalized Irish Citizens in UK

Post by kaurt » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Dear All,

I am really worried and need some advice.

I am naturalized Irish citizen living in UK from more than 2, my husband is living in Ireland and will join us soon as he lost his job in Ireland.

We are expecting a child in November, we are not sure whether we will be able to apply for his British passport? What you guys think can we or not?

If not, what options we have? The required documents for the Foreign birth register states something like "provide passport for the minor" how we can get a passport for minor if UK authorities deny it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Tee

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Child born to Naturalized Irish Citizens in UK

Post by max307 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm

kaurt wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Dear All,

I am really worried and need some advice.

I am naturalized Irish citizen living in UK from more than 2, my husband is living in Ireland and will join us soon as he lost his job in Ireland.

We are expecting a child in November, we are not sure whether we will be able to apply for his British passport? What you guys think can we or not?

If not, what options we have? The required documents for the Foreign birth register states something like "provide passport for the minor" how we can get a passport for minor if UK authorities deny it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Tee
The child will be British citizen by birth if the mother or father are "settled" in the UK when the child was born.

"Settled" means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. This includes permanent residence as an European Economic Area (EEA) national, so in this case you (Irish national).

If you want an Irish passport for the child as well, then you can apply for FBR.

Does that answers your questions?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

kaurt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kaurt » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Dear max,

Many thanks for your reply.
Few confusions because of lack of knowledge.

1). As im living in UK for just over 2 years can I still be considered as "settled"? I was thinking that one have to be there for 5 years to be considered as "settled" but someone was also the opinion that case is different for Irish.

2). Im just living in UK, have Neno/NI, but not working, as my husband was supporting us from Ireland, can it be negative?

I will wait for your kind reply.
Many thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm

kaurt wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Dear max,

Many thanks for your reply.
Few confusions because of lack of knowledge.

1). As im living in UK for just over 2 years can I still be considered as "settled"? I was thinking that one have to be there for 5 years to be considered as "settled" but someone was also the opinion that case is different for Irish.

2). Im just living in UK, have Neno/NI, but not working, as my husband was supporting us from Ireland, can it be negative?

I will wait for your kind reply.
Many thanks
Those are 2 very good questions but unfortunately I'm not familiar with UK immigration law. I would suggest to post those questions in the UK forum instead of the Ireland one.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Irish citizens are considered settled from date of arrival in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kaurt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kaurt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:01 am

Dear CR & Max
Thanks for your reply.

So you guys are confident that Irish have Settle status and passport will not be an issue.

My two kids, irish born, are already going to school in UK, but I never claimed any benefit in UK other than doctor n hospital vists.

Thanks