ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified Birth certificate copy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Certified Birth certificate copy

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 am

I got the birth certificate certified by the solicitor for the purpose of naturalisation application and there was a letter along with that certificate, from the consulate of my home country to say that the birth cert is genuine. This confirmation is normally not required. Both documents were stapled.
Now the solicitor only signed and stamped on the back of the letter from consultate, and not on the actual birth cert.
I wonder if that might be problematic and will the citizenship office be too picky on such things?
Any ideas? Has anyone had such an experience?

IggyB
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Certified Birth certificate copy

Post by IggyB » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 am

Hi I was born in Germany and have german citizenship. When called INIS they asked me to have an apostille stamp on my birth certificate which I obtain in Germany (Ireland is signatory country).

"The Hague Convention (1961 ) specifies how a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be authenticated or certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. Such a certification is called an apostille (in French this means certification ). An apostille stamp is an international certification, like a notarisation in domestic law, which authenticates or legally certifies a document."

When I obtained birth certificate with an apostille went to make true copy of the original and lawyer stamped copy of the certificate and only on first page. So you should be ok, not sure are they going to accept your birth certificate without an apostille.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Certified Birth certificate copy

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:22 am

IggyB wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 am
Hi I was born in Germany and have german citizenship. When called INIS they asked me to have an apostille stamp on my birth certificate which I obtain in Germany (Ireland is signatory country).

"The Hague Convention (1961 ) specifies how a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be authenticated or certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. Such a certification is called an apostille (in French this means certification ). An apostille stamp is an international certification, like a notarisation in domestic law, which authenticates or legally certifies a document."

When I obtained birth certificate with an apostille went to make true copy of the original and lawyer stamped copy of the certificate and only on first page. So you should be ok, not sure are they going to accept your birth certificate without an apostille.
I think that it should be OK then. They don't need an apostille stamp. Rather they only need true copy of the original stamp with solicitor s signature and date etc.