ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language requirement Tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

squirrel1
Newly Registered
Chile

Language requirement Tier 4 student visa

Post by squirrel1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:00 am

Hi, I want to do a masters degree in the UK. It is easier for me to take the CAE (Cambridge Advanced English test) where I live. If my university accepts my score and I get their offer letter (They accept the CAE score of C1), is it not enough for a tier 4 student visa? (I want to make sure I understand it well. The UKBA site says "Knowledge of English
You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.
This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT)."

If I am already accepted in uni, I don't need another proof of English, right?

**Another thing. I have a masters degree from the UK that is 9 years old. I think I don't even need proof of English "You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:...UK" (it doesn't state that it should be no more than 2 years ago but I have read that somewhere else). Thank you very much!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: Language requirement Tier 4 student visa

Post by wikki » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:46 pm

squirrel1 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:00 am
Hi, I want to do a masters degree in the UK. It is easier for me to take the CAE (Cambridge Advanced English test) where I live. If my university accepts my score and I get their offer letter (They accept the CAE score of C1), is it not enough for a tier 4 student visa? (I want to make sure I understand it well. The UKBA site says "Knowledge of English
You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.
This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT)."

**Another thing. I have a masters degree from the UK that is 9 years old. I think I don't even need proof of English "You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:...UK" (it doesn't state that it should be no more than 2 years ago but I have read that somewhere else). Thank you very much!

Yes
Another thing. I have a masters degree from the UK that is 9 years old. I think I don't even need proof of English "You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:...UK" (it doesn't state that it should be no more than 2 years ago but I have read that somewhere else)
Not sure about his but it'll be better to have an English language test

squirrel1
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by squirrel1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello, do you mean that apart from passing the CAE (Cambridge advanced English) and be accepted in uni, I need to take a SELT as well in order to apply for the Student visa? Thanks for your help.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:10 pm

squirrel1 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm
Hello, do you mean that apart from passing the CAE (Cambridge advanced English) and be accepted in uni, I need to take a SELT as well in order to apply for the Student visa? Thanks for your help.
1. The first thing to do is to check whether or not the university you want to apply to will require you to have a proof of English language proficiency certificate.
2. If they do require it from you then, what exams do they accept? (IETLS, CAE, etc ?)
3. Once you have obtained admission from this university, they will issue you a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) and on this document, they will state that they have already assessed your English language level and therefore you do not need to prove it again when applying for a visa