ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application -Salary not paid for initial 6 months -Plz advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

giri_b
Newly Registered

ILR application -Salary not paid for initial 6 months -Plz advice

Post by giri_b » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 am

Hi All,
Request you to please advice me as i am planning to apply my ILR next month. I am on tier 2 general visa will be completing my 5years next month.
VISA issue date -10/nov/2013
Entered UK - DEC/2013

My previous employer did not pay me a salary for an initial 6 months and company got closed.so i switched to another tier 2 sponsor on 1/jun/2014
can you please help me with these question
1. As my previous employer has not pay me any salary for the initial 6 months. Will the caseworker check that tax and NI were not paid for initial 6 months. Will this be a problem for my ILR approval.

2. As i entered UK on Dec 2013, There will be no tax paid or P60 for financial Year 2013. I am worried this will be flagged when i go for my ILR. Is it a right assumption?

3. As i will be completing my 5years next month. Is it better if I delay my ILR application by 6 months and go for ILR on April 2018.. instead of Next month so that i will have 5 P60 with me and case worker will only look for my last 5 years where all the taxes will be shown as paid. Is my assumtion correct?

4. I am not sure if my employer has paid tax for my initial 6 months or not. Is there any way to find out if taxes are paid for an initial 6 months with HRMC?

Appreciate your help on this

giri_b
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application -Salary not paid for initial 6 months -Plz advice

Post by giri_b » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am

Please can someone advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:06 am

1. You post at 1am in the morning when most of us are sleeping. Please be a bit patient.

2. There is no requirement to submit P60. However, you should be aware that a member was recently refused for the same scenario of not being paid for a few months initially on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:07 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

giri_b
Newly Registered

Post by giri_b » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks CR001 .. but these post dont answer my specific question 3 and 4 . can someone please advice

giri_b
Newly Registered

Post by giri_b » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:33 am

Experts please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:43 am

The first link I provided explains a user being refused for similar circumstances.

If you were not paid during the 6 months, then there was no tax paid either. Was it an umbrella company? Did you have to find your own contracts or similar?? Why were you not paid for 6 months??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

giri_b
Newly Registered

Post by giri_b » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:43 am
The first link I provided explains a user being refused for similar circumstances.

If you were not paid during the 6 months, then there was no tax paid either. Was it an umbrella company? Did you have to find your own contracts or similar?? Why were you not paid for 6 months??
its was not a umbrella company.. company was not doing well and eventually it was closed . thts the reason i was not paid .

can you please comment on 3 point of my question. is it safe to wait till next year so that i will have 5 p60 by that time . and it will be safe to go for ILR .

Hex
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hex » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi giri_b,
I'm in a similar situation , could you please update whether you got your ILR?