ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Parents Question.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Visit Visa Parents Question.

Post by together_2017 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

Before applying my parents visit visa for Ireland, I'm confused about one thing:

If I own only 1bed room apartment etc will this be a problem in application ? or they won't bother about this. OR it has to be a atleast two bedroom appt/house for their eligibility to stay with me whilst I'm inviting them and providing accommodation ?? Please help thanks ! :|

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Visit Visa Parents Question.

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi

Just a thought

Does your tenancy agreement states anywhere the type of property and number of bedrooms you are renting? If the answer is NO then you have to be careful how you word your Sponsorship letter. For example you can say on the letter that your parents will be staying with you at: 123 name of Street, County.

Regards

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:02 pm

i think it matter for visit visa application.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 pm

I think it would be better to say that they will be staying at your place. All you need to do is to include a signed letter from your landlord stating that he is happy with that. Obviously, there is no mention about you staying in a one-bedroom accommodation. Obviously when your parents have been granted their visa then you can book a room in a hotel.
With this type of visa, there are 2 things that you really need to get spot on: you have enough means to support their stay and their visit is short by nature. I would also suggest that you read the weekly published visa decisions on the INIS website. Although those decisions are anonymous, they provide some insights into the kind of thing that they’re expecting from applicants.
The most difficult part of the application is to prove the financial means. While there’s no minimum amount required from you, I think you need to have at least 10k in a saving account as proof.