ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After EEA2 expires in 5 years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Re: After EEA2 expires in 5 years

Post by Graham Weifang » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi all,

Just after a small clarification.

When my Non-EEA wife becomes BC,
Is there any manditory waiting time before she can apply for BP ?
I did hear rightly or wrongly that she needs to wait 12 months after getting BC before she can apply BP.

Does the more informed than me have any comments please >

GW

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Your question was already answered by Noajthan in Dec 2016. Nothing has changed in the citizenship Laws.
noajthan wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:51 pm
Cutting to the chase, dDate on RC is irrelevant.

PR is acquired automatically after 5 years of sponsor exercising treaty rights (if sponsor is not settled).
So if married 5+ years and in UK 5+ years then spouse may apply for confirmation of PR.

PRC is a BRP-style card. Processing takes maybe 6 months.
Fee currently £65 + biometrics fee.

The PRC is now one mandatory prerequisite for privilege of citizenship. (This is a new requirement since last year).
Check AN guidance for all other requirements.

Edit: as sponsor is BC no need for treaty rights.
And no need to wait 12 months after acquisition of PR before wife shoots for privilege of citizenship.
Make a section 6(2) BNA application.

If successful, a British passport application is the final piece of the jigsaw.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Less than a month to go now before the five years since my wife got stamped into UK.

Anything we should be doing now?

GW

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:13 am
Hello to all,

Just writing a few lines to keep this thread alive. with a question at the end, = Hope no one minds.

My wife's entry into UK was 22 October 2013, as the date stamped by UK immigration, on her UK entry clearance visa, when we entered UK
So we are eagerly awaiting 22 October 2018, just 1 year and 3 months away.

As a reminder, her EEA2 vignette in her Chinese passport renewal date is 20 March 2019, (so it took us 6 months to get her EEA2.)

So as soon as the 5 years is completed on 22 October 2018, my wife should apply for "LIFE IN UK TEST" and hopefully pass it without too much difficulty.
Then onto the forms, , , , , , ,

We have both been fully employed and working from my return into UK, and my wife's entry into UK.
P60's taxes, NI, and all that go's with it.

QUESTION

As the UK begins it's transfer out of EU legislation, is there anything that has changed, or likely to change that we need to be aware of?
I do have an EEA 4 form on my computer which has the Durham address, and does mention £65.00 cost.
Or do I use the newer 85 monster form current UKVI form to apply for a DCPR or PR card is called EEA (PR).
DCPR - Document Certifying Permanent Residence
UKVI - UK Visas & Immigration

Thanks,

Graham
Less than a month away,
How time flies.

GW