ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement -Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShainR

English Language Requirement -Tier 2

Post by ShainR » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi all, I’m writing in regards to the English requirement for tier 2 general.

I’m on a tier 4 visa currently and will be going back home to apply for tier 2.

Now it states I will need to show my ielts / NARIC as I don’t have an ielts as my English ability was assessed by my uni and dint need to do ielts and NARIC do not asses degrees in UK.

I also read the requirements in the tier 2 guidance ,it states if you satisfied English language requirements in your previous grant of leave, so if tier 4 your CAS , and also if you studied in the UK it’s assumed that your degree taught was in English.

Based on the above, can anyone have a look and let me know if my CAS and UK degree certificate is sufficient to satisfy my English language requirement for tier 2 general from outside the UK ?

Thanks in advance

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: English Language Requirement -Tier 2

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 pm

ShainR wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Now it states I will need to show my ielts / NARIC as I don’t have an ielts as my English ability was assessed by my uni and dint need to do ielts and NARIC do not asses degrees in UK.

I also read the requirements in the tier 2 guidance ,it states if you satisfied English language requirements in your previous grant of leave, so if tier 4 your CAS , and also if you studied in the UK it’s assumed that your degree taught was in English.

Based on the above, can anyone have a look and let me know if my CAS and UK degree certificate is sufficient to satisfy my English language requirement for tier 2 general from outside the UK ?

Thanks in advance
Your UK degree certificate + transcript will be sufficient. You can also ask your Uni to issue you a letter to prove you have graduated.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

ShainR

Post by ShainR » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My UK degree was NQF 6 level advanced diploma, will this need to be assessed by NARIC stating this is equal to UK bachelors?

Please let me know

Thanks again.

ShainR

Post by ShainR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 pm
ShainR wrote:

Thanks in advance
Your UK degree certificate + transcript will be sufficient. You can also ask your Uni to issue you a letter to prove you have graduated.
Hi , Please can you help?

Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 pm

ShainR wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:20 pm
ShainR wrote:

Thanks in advance
Hi , Please can you help?

Thanks
No. It won't be equivalent in this case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.